ABUS Z-Wave Doorlock HomeTec Pro CFA3010

Hi Chris, hi Bruce,
I tried to include my door lock in S0 security mode. But the xml (see attachment network_d5817d5e__node_10.xml) generated during inclusion isn’t nor very expressive neither very detailed. Not even the manufacturer, the deviceID nor the deviceType are set according to the Z-Wave document ABUECFA3010S. And there are only four command classes in the xml file whereas in the certification document of the ABUS door lock there are 17 command classes listed.
So I tried to adopt the xml file of the Fibargroup Smart Implant device “FGBS222” but I had difficulties in defining the channels (couldn’t find appropriate typeID’s for the channels nor the corresponding command classes) and the device properties (values behind the colons of a command class and the value betwwen the triangular braces after the command class).
May be you can help me to finalize the xml so that the “ABUS Z-Wave HomeTec CFA3010” can be added to the database.

ABUS_CFA3010_00_000.xml (16.7 KB) network_d5817d5e__node_10.xml (2.8 KB)

The openHAB xml for node 10 looks unusual to me and the device type & id do not match those submitted to the zwave alliance.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3230

What do you mean? the database uses the unedited xml file from openHAB as a starting point.

So I have to upload the node 10 xml with all its strangeness?

Strange to you but not to the binding & database. :wink:
Its contents come directly from the device.

Looking at the XML, I doubt that the device is included correctly. Are you really sure that it completed the security handshake correctly?

I’d probably avoid uploading this at the moment as it doesn’t look correct.

1 Like

So, work is done :slight_smile:
I was able to include the door lock so that it produced a better xml. I then uploaded it to the device data base, completed the database entry with data from the manual and the Z-Wave document ABUECFA3010S and requested a review. Hopefully the review will be positive and the device will be included in the next database release :slight_smile:
But how can I use the xml I exported from the database in my openHAB installation? Where do I have to put it so that my door lock will be recognized correctly afte re-inclusion? I’m running openHABian 2.5 on a Raspberry Pi 4…

@Chris:
I used the device editor for the first time and it was fantastic. You did a great work :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

You can either wait for the database export and snapshot binding or , if you are adventurous, there is a thread about rebuilding a binding jar file.
Modify a zwave binding jar to add/change a zwave device while waiting for a build - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

Would you please remove the heading2 tags. I started editing it but you did use it on almost every entry and I don’t have time to finish this.
This is important for the documentation and its visual display.

Please have a look at the docs to verify how your html tags are looking (please use them sparely, if not at all).
Example: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/zwave/thing.html?manufacturer=august&file=asl03_0_0.html
You may also use the Export … MD Documentation button on the database side to have preview.
Thx.

1 Like

Hi sihui,
to my mind all h2-tags are removed. I think they where included when I did copy and paste from the online manual of the manufacturer. Now I hope it satisfies the needs of the database.

1 Like

Thx, looks good now. Approved.

A hint for your next database edit: copy content from online manuals or pdf to an ascii editor first (for example notepad++) and then to the database window.
This removes all those nasty tags.

1 Like

Hi suhui,
thanks for the hint.
As always: afterwards you’re always smarter! Learning by doing :grinning: But I’m looking for my next device :grinning:

I can tell you that I was able to include the door lock successfully after:

• resetting the ZWave settings
  • setting security mode to S0

Thanks for help adding this device to the database :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tryed to include the CFA3010 in openhab 2.5 and now on openhab 3.

I get: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known

I swiched from S2 to S0. I did a exclude and a include, but still, openhab is not able to handle this device.

I found the XML here:

So I guess its in the Database. If I try to look at:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list

I get the response “File not found.” - Status 404…

So I am right now stuck and would be very happy if someone could give me a little hint, that would be very nice!

The database moved last year.

I believe it should work with OH3. The database entry is here.

That usually means a battery operated device has not been woken up enough to be fully discovered. Door locks in secure mode can be especially problematic due to tight timing constraints.

They need to be factory reset between secure attempts… Inclusion needs to be through the binding.

Thanks for the very fast reply, I wasn’t expecting to get a answer that quick.

What I did:

1. Excluded the device
  2. Factory reset
  3. Include the device

In the log I found this:
NODE 124: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.

And the thing (openhab UI):

Is there anything I can/should do now?

The Thing Properties are looking good to me (SPECIFIC_TYPE_SECURE_KEYPAD_DOOR_LOCK):

It seems to me that the binding is not communicating with the device if it doesn’t know the manufacturer information. It is however a bit hard to know what is happening without seeing what’s in the logs…

That’s not really important though, and doesn’t mean that there is communication with the device and the binding. It doesn’t mean that the device has securely included either.

If you can provide the log during the secure inclusion it might be useful.

I got the “aeotec z-wave stick gen5”, so for ex and include I unplug the stick. I guess there is no log about the inclusion, or?

Do I need to change something here because its a lock:

Well, that’s your problem. You cannot do that. It will not work and the secure inclusion will fail.

1 Like

Okay, good to know.

I did everything again (Exclude, Reset, Switch from S2 to S0 & the include over openhab).

Now I found the Log:
2020-12-27 23:55:14.300 [INFO ] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 126: SECURITY_INC State=FAILED, Reason=GET_SCHEME
2020-12-27 23:55:14.307 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 126: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.

I can’t really add a lot - clearly the secure inclusion has not worked. Without seeing the full debug log, I can’t really comment much more. Take a look at the binding docs if you haven’t enabled debug logging (and maybe also read the part about secure inclusion :slight_smile: ).

1 Like