Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Energy Monitor not showing measurments

Haha, well it’s not really a rig. Just pieces of all my stuff everywhere. This is for my senior project so I am trying to get it all running and write code for Arduino and stuff so when we build this and also when I get all my components in I just need to build the hardware and software is done.

I already took apart the meter and have I packed up since that was done. But here is what I was playing with. I put in in an Imgur album because picture size to big I guess.

Hi @TheKorn

I have single phase aeotec HEM meter
In below log

2016-04-05 19:49:07.383 [DEBUG] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding] - NODE 5: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = METER, value = 0E+1  

what is the meaning of value 0E+1…?

and what is significance and difference between endpoint 0 and endpoint 1…?

Thanks
shrikant

This is the reading from the meter - ie it’s 0.

It’s programmer’s shorthand scientific notation. Specifically, it means 0 times 10 to the power of 1. (…so zero.)

Endpoint zero can be thought of as “the sum total of the whole meter”, while endpoint 1 is “just the energy going through clamp 1”, endpoint 2 is “just the energy going through clamp 2”, and endpoint 3 is “just the energy going through clamp 3”. But that’s a bit of an artificial distinction in your case, since on a single clamp meter the amount of energy going through the whole unit and the amount of energy going through the single clamp will always be the same.

(It’s useful when you have more than one clamp. I have a two-clamp HEM connected monitoring my main circuits, and there I only bother to record events for endpoint zero, which tells me how much my whole house is using. I have another two-clamp HEM connected to two independent electrical circuits, and there I don’t bother recording endpoint zero since I don’t really care how much electricity the kitchen plus the garage are using, but I do care how much energy the kitchen is using and I do care how much energy the garage is using, independent of each other. Get it now?)

@TheKorn

it means for the single phase meter with single clamp endpoint 1 and 0 will report same readings