Aeon labs Micro Switch G2 not identified in 2.4.0.M5 z-wave binding

Hi,

I have 6 of these micro energy switches,

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/82

but just one is identified correctly by the 2.4.0.M5 z-wave binding no matter what I do. My controller is really next to the switch when I include, but at a maximum I get this state:

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:

• The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like " Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0) "). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
  • The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

But no channels and I am only allowed to set the “ALL ON / ALL OFF” status of the device. Nothing else.
What is this? I used to have it working in 2.3 and now exactly these devices are nothandled properly.

If you recently switched from 2.3 to 2.4M5 make sure you did follow the steps from this post:

1 Like

Yes. I have roughly 60 z-wave devices, things, and they have all been converted. All kinds of brands. These are stuck in the land of not properly initialized - and they are all the same device, and only this device type is not working.

I’m not sure what is going on. The usual problems (upgrading to zwave snapshot, verifying only one zwave binding is active, wake up battery operated devices) does not apply because you have your system generally working.
Do you have an xml for this device in your /userdata/zwave folder?
If yes, check if the device type and id are in the database.

Sorry, I have managed to do it actually now. I am still not sure what the issue was, but it was related to the device installation more than the controller. So, at least one more of my Aeotec MSE2 devices has now been included, which is hopeful for the future.

While investigating this issue I found another similar one unfortunately. My TKB 65Z dimmer was not included yet in my old network so I just now discovered that I cannot initialize it.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/155

and this is the XML header for that

<node>
<homeId>0xd9c85ca3</homeId>
<nodeId>5</nodeId>
<version>4</version>
<manufacturer>0xffff</manufacturer>
<deviceId>0x4</deviceId>
<deviceType>0x3</deviceType>
<listening>true</listening>
<frequentlyListening>false</frequentlyListening>
<routing>true</routing>
<security>false</security>
<beaming>true</beaming>
<maxBaudRate>40000</maxBaudRate>
<sleepDelay>1000</sleepDelay>
<nodeInformationFrame>
…

This device I can’t reinitialize no matter what. In the database entry, there an issue with the specification is raised. Could this be why the binding is not able to use it?
Who can make the required adjustments?

Edit:

I noticed that I get this error message when I try to reinitialize the device:

2018-11-21 13:27:15.394 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 22: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! FFFF:0003:0004::2.2

Not sure what that means though.