Aeotec controller offline after apt upgrade

  • Platform information: OH3
    • Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage RPI4 - 8gb
    • OS: what OS is used and which version Openhabian
    • Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
    • openHAB version: 3

Hi - strange question.

I was building some new things (IPcamera binding) and the equivalent HABPanel json. Just when I finished i got an update offer by openhabian (via putty) so I upgraded. next restart and the Zwave bridge isnt online anymore. restared/booted 3 times, tried to see if the tty remained the same (it did) but nothing works to bring it back online. Luckily i had a very recent image/backup of the sd card so I just tried to recover it and the bridge is back. So I surmise the update broke something. - I have read the conversation on the issue - use an external usb etc but i didnt have an issue before nor after.

is there something perhaps of recent updates that could have affected?
any obvious fix?
if not. is there a smart way to “copy paste” the things (about 20cameras) I created and the habpanel setup to avoid spending another 2 hours rebuilding it?
I can worry about updating later.

I run a command to check the tty ports - the ones in bold stand out.

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ dmesg | grep tty
[ 0.000000] Kernel command line: coherent_pool=1M 8250.nr_uarts=1 snd_bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=1 smsc95xx.macaddr=DC:A6:32:D9:F9:E4 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3f000000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x3f600000 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=8cb8c1b4-02 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait
[ 0.001824] printk: console [tty1] enabled
[ 1.451694] fe201000.serial: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0xfe201000 (irq = 36, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
[ 1.460057] printk: console [ttyS0] disabled
[ 1.460199] fe215040.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0xfe215040 (irq = 37, base_baud = 62500000) is a 16550
[ 2.745528] printk: console [ttyS0] enabled
[ 5.153978] systemd[1]: Created slice system-serial\x2dgetty.slice.
[ 5.169005] systemd[1]: Created slice system-getty.slice.
[ 7.383654] cdc_acm 1-1.3:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
[ 7.394336] usb 1-1.4.4: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0



future knowledge for anyone who comes across this

OK so it seems it is a bug with the IPcamera 3.2.M3 version. it should fix itself after the m4 version but in the mean time, i uninstalled the biding and reinstalled it and that kept everything + recovered the zwave.

dont think it was the update