Aeotec Smart Switch 7

Hi there

I just tried to add my new Aeotec Smart Switch 7. It seems it is not yet added to the database. Below you can find the properties. Thanks in advance for any help!

zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_deviceid 175
zwave_devicetype 3
zwave_frequent false
zwave_listening true
zwave_manufacturer 881
zwave_neighbours
zwave_nodeid 3
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 1.2

Th Smart Switch 7 is in the database, but your particular device version was not.
I just added it but it may be a couple of weeks before the binding is updated because the developer is away on vacation.

DEC 175=HEX AF:

it already is in the database.

Please upgrade to the latest zwave 2.5 snapshot.

OOPS sorry. Can you revert my change or shall I remove it?

1 Like

Already done :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll try adding after upgrading. Thanks all for the quick responses!

1 Like

Ok, I got the device linked and recognized with “zwave 2.5 snapshot” but I can’t switch the power state to ON or OFF via OpenHAB. If I toggle the power state on the device I see the following in the log:

2019-11-06 13:35:15.729 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint=0, command class=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, value=0

2019-11-06 13:35:17.727 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 6: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint=0, command class=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, value=255

I checked the Zwave binding on github and i cannot find the COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY command in the file. Is it possible that this channel is missing in the binding or am I missing something?

Still very green with the IOT/Openhab things. Thanks already for the help.

I will let @sihui comment. That device was last updated yesterday, after the last binding export. The device listing is here,

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1134

What itemtype is linked to the switch_dimmer channel?
Should be something like
Switch YourSwitch "Your Switch" { channel="zwave:device:controller:node6:switch_dimmer", autoupdate="false" }
I suspect a problem with the Basic checkmark, either the one on the Switch_Binary command class or the missing one on the Switch_Mulitlevel command class.
But I am not sure …

Hi,
i added the smartswitch 7 to the database - and it works for me through paperui atleast.

/Chris.

1 Like

I tried the following line in my .items but with no succes. It just toggles the led brightness on the device.

Switch AeotecSmartSwitch7GarageOldSocketSwitch “Switch” (AeotecSmartSwitch7GarageOldSocket) {channel=“zwave:device:cce69682:node6:switch_dimmer”}

@Chris_Thomsen do you mind sharing your configuration?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I see that the SS7 has been changed to a dimmer device in the latest build - thats abit odd… not sure if it even supports dimming?

That channel information usually comes directly from a device through the xml file. I see from aeotec’s site the device appears to support dimming and colour.

This is your initial contribution:

{
            "id": "26",
            "name": "SWITCH_MULTILEVEL",
            "version": "2",
            "nif": false,
            "basic": false,
            "secure": false,
            "nonsecure": true,
            "config": "",
            "channels": [
                {
                    "type": "switch_dimmer",
                    "label": "Dimmer",
                    "config": []
                }
            ]

Please note the openHAB items types:

Dimmer / Percentage value for dimmers / OnOff, IncreaseDecrease, Percent

You can send ON/OFF to a dimmer item type.

The most important question: does the device work in your setup or not?

Edit: you can’t do that in PaperUI Control, that is an administration tool. You need to setup a switch itemtype to the switch_dimmer channel in one of your sitemaps.

1 Like

This is the last change you did before requesting approval:

{
            "id": "25",
            "name": "SWITCH_BINARY",
            "version": "1",
            "basic": true,
            "channels": []
        },
        {
            "id": "26",
            "name": "SWITCH_MULTILEVEL",
            "version": "2",
            "basic": false,
            "channels": [
                {
                    "type": "switch_dimmer",
                    "label": "Dimmer",
                    "config": []
                }
            ]
        },

You manually edited the endpoints and removed the switch_binary channel.
What was the reason for this?

And left the binary switch as Basic.

Hi,
@Chris did this change (i created a ticket), as the item couldnt have both dimmer and binary in the device database from what i understand?!

i’m pretty sure i had a binary on/off switch on the first version with support for the SS7.
dimming 0 for off, and 100 to on is working - havent tested to dim a light yet.

/Chris.

That is just a warning. As you can send an ON/OFF to a dimmer channel and a switch channel, it does not hurt to have both if a device is able to dim something.
As this device is not able do dim anything (according to the manual), a switch_binary channel is the only thing that makes sense.
I will change this in the database so users don’t get confused.

Thanks, i did get an error - and couldnt ask for a review (hence why created a ticket) with two channels.
Totally agree.

1 Like

That’s why Chris is adamant that the Endpoints data come directly from the XML unless some classes documented as supported are obviously missing