Aeotec WallMote - Slide

No, this is true, but you asked if there was any news so I was just pointing to the issue. This is the best place to see what is happening - in this case there is no update.

Not at the moment - I have other things to work on that are unfortunately higher priority.

Ok, the I will wait. Thanks for your work.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath… :slight_smile:
Have you tried the new 1.8 firmware yet?
I stopped using my Motes as they often entered a crazy state just sitting there blinking for 10-15s.
I had the audio feedback disabled and the 1.8 firmware claims to have fixed this problem.
I have 2 of these and I must say battery life varies.
One of them died months ago. The other one still alive 4 mnds after being charged.

I was told by Aeotec that early versions of the hardware (the ones that came with 1.06 or earlier) can’t be fixed by the firmware update alone.

Yes, there is a firmware update, there may be hardware issues with WallMotes that are received as firmware V1.06 and under, while V1.07 and V1.08 are confirmed to have resolved hardware in this case.

Firmware V1.07 and V1.08 can be updated to in any case while you will need a Z-Wave USB Adapter and a Windows PC to perform the update, you can find the article here for download and instructions of installing it: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000170550-wallmote-quad-firmware-update-9-6-2017-

The firmware update will in fact resolve a short battery life issue residing in firmwares V1.08 and under, but it does not resolve a oversensitive capactive button press.

If you still see a rapid blinking blue LED that freezes its use after firmware updating, i can only suggest having the unit exchanged for a unit that has resolved this issue.

2 Likes

I own a ZW130 and clearly if the slide gesture could be supported it would be a great enhancement.

2 Likes

Is there any update for slide support?

3 Likes

I too have found this oversensitive button issue, the solution i think for me is to press it very quickly and it seems to be OK. I need to do more overnight testing as when I woke up it was blinking blue and doing nothing for a few minutes then started to function.

What version of firmware are they reporting? If 1.6, you should have Aeotec replace them.

Hi Mark

Do i need zensys to determine that? or can I use OH2? I can check

In HABmin, it’ll be on the Attributes panel.

html%23%3Athi

Roger that

Im on 1.8. Type ID is different to yours

Mine is US. Yours is Europe?

Ah, that would be why!

So firmware is fine. I just find a rapid finger press works best ie its definitely oversensitive. I will try over night because the issue I had this morning was that the press did not immediately work. The Remotec ZRC90 however worked immediately.

Probably.

Yeah. And it doesn’t take much for the device to detect the press as a long press.

1 Like

True, ill do some more playing around before I decide to keep these or not.

Aeotec just responded and said 1.8 is old hardware and cant go to firmware 2.0. They will exchange my units for new ones! Hope that fixes the issue

1 Like

Spoke to my retailer after sending them the Aeotec email, they have just withdrawn from sale the Dual WallMotes due to the issues and hardware problems. Australia has no stock of the updated hardware for the Dual so they recommend the Quad, its the latest.

They are exchanging my Duals for Quads at no cost. Good outcome. Hopefully the Quads function nicely!

Ah, I thought you had the Quads. I have the Quads and they’re working fine. Hopefully you’ll have the same experience.

1 Like

Hi Mark, i received the quads today. They are firmware 2.3 so lets see how they go!

Gosh I wish we could have slide!!! It was requested in 2017! come on OPENHAB! Ill fund the developement time

@mhilbush @chris what kind of software skills would someone need to make a change to the Zwave binding to allow for Swipe functionality?

I would be willing to look at getting someone from Freelancer to help develop this, along with the required updates to support Remote serial connections

Cheers