After Migration from 4.0.0 to 4.1.1 openhab totaly down is in Nirvana / working with openhabian

Option 55 (which is what your pic shows) exists to mirror internal SD to an external SD (not SSD).
53 is to setup permanent mirroring.

No as said I’m not picking up that ball again. Read what I linked to in my last post.

Underneath /etc

there aren’t any changes… see pic.

So I ask my self, where is the working .conf file?

Special solution for openhabian… not follow the guideline for all .conf- files in debian underneath /etc ?

Thank you

See this post on how to remove all your addons

What about to finish this unpleasant discussion…

User is always the major error of systems - mea culpa

Can we focus to find a workaround to rescue my system?

Is there any option to bulid a new openhabian from scratch with version 4.0.0?
I have several backups!

When 4.0.0 is up and runing I can delete missing “org.connectorio.addons.ui.iconify” and migrate again … seeing what happens
Or not… old system is full working an backup restore is tested (i do it all the times!)

What about this suggestion?
Thank you

I already suggested reinstalling right in my first post.
Use a fresh SD so you have your old system as a fallback.
Should you need to install 3.X, search the forum for the OH4 migration FAQ first.
Else just ex- and import your config via openhABian menu or openhab-cli.

Sorry for ask for details.

How can I tell openhabian install image to install v4.0.0
As far as I know it always install latest stable version

What is the correct entry for “install 4.0.0 and do not migrate to latest stable”

Thank you

Latest is compatible so no need to install 4.0.0.

But how will the
"FrameworkEvent ERROR org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.connectorio.addons.ui.iconify [245] Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.i18n; version=“[3.0.0,4.0.0)” "
with the missing package solved?

When I restore form backup the conf with this packages comes again up ??? Or?

Thank you - will try and report

I have no clue where you get this from and how openhabian backup/restore functionality works.

This addon is published in community marketplace but can be also installed through addons/ folder which you have inspected before. Error message which you see can be translated do “this addon depends on openHAB 3 API”, which is obviously not available within OH 4.0 install.

System is on SD
backup is restored

THE SAME!
2024-02-08 13:28:31.786 [ERROR] [Events.Framework ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.connectorio.addons.ui.iconify [244]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.i18n; version=“[3.0.0,4.0.0)”

etc. etc.
openhablog_onSD.txt (176.4 KB)

What suggestions now?
How can I first get rid of this framework error…

Where should the package “org.openhab.core.i18n” be placed?
Where can this package be downloaded to put it to the system?

after stepping back in history of my backups I found this message in the log:

2024-02-08 13:56:40.784 [INFO ] [rketplace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller] - Reinstalling missing marketplace bundle: marketplace:144508
2024-02-08 13:57:17.615 [WARN ] [rketplace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller] - The marketplace bundle was successfully installed but doesn’t start: Could not resolve module: org.connectorio.addons.ui.iconify [244]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.i18n; version=“[3.0.0,4.0.0)”

What to do to bring the marketplace online?

Last question about SSD:
for what is

39 “move” root to ssd?

Thank you for all helping hints
Cheers
Stef

Looking at traces I see some minor issues - some of item names you have are invalid. Have a look on them, cause they might collide with availability of jsondb contents. The framework error is still reason for your openHAB to stop, however log do not indicate where from you got the addon. I know it might take a while but can you launch command find / -type f -name "*iconify*.jar" and see if reports anything?
This is scanning of filesystem to see if iconify jar remains anywhere. You can obviously try other names. Do you remember how you installed iconify addon?

Hi, can you please explain more detailed the names issues?
How can I step in and correct “jsondb”? (Without UI!) Is there any database tool available?

Here the result of the find job

Thank you

Takes 10 sec

[10:01:53] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# find / -type f -name “iconify.jar”
/srv/openhab-userdata/marketplace/bundles/144508/CFHi_iconify.jar

This will delete those files

find / -name '*_iconify.jar' -delete -print

May I ask why deleting them?

I will report what happen to the system (send the log)

I believe openhab 4.x supports iconify without any extra addons
Besides, isn’t that the addon that’s been causing problems?

thank you but:

same error after deleting:

2024-02-09 12:00:33.108 [ERROR] [Events.Framework ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.connectorio.addons.ui.iconify [244]

Whole tail of openhab.log:
nach delete jar.txt (162.3 KB)

any idea to go on?

Thank you

Try clearing the cache again?

Did clearing the cache fix the problems you were seeing in the log?

sorry for delay

I clean all cache as descripted in the community somewhere:

[15:28:52] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~#
[15:29:01] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~#
[15:29:01] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~#
[15:29:01] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# sudo systemctl stop openhab.service
[15:29:20] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab/cache/*
[15:29:51] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab/tmp/*
[15:31:10] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# openhab-cli stop

A systemd service configuration exists…
Use ‘sudo /bin/systemctl stop openhab.service’ to stop an openHAB service
[15:31:14] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# openhab-cli clean-cache

This command will delete the temporary files within openHAB.
May resolve issues with addon installation and configuration.
The next start of openHAB will take a bit longer.

Okay to Continue? [y/N]: y
[15:31:36] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab/jsondb/backup/*
[15:33:14] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# sudo systemctl start openhab.service
[15:34:30] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~# sudo systemctl start openhab.service
[15:34:52] root@openHABianDeviceLAN:~#

First start does not work

second start: here the log: (System restart by itself
after clear cache.txt (200.7 KB)

At the moment there is a UI …

But the system permanently start and stop HABPanel HABot → Basic UI!!! HUE etc → see

2024-02-14 15:45:27.829 [INFO ] [ulation.internal.HueEmulationService] - Hue Emulation service available under /api
2024-02-14 15:45:28.138 [INFO ] [ulation.internal.HueEmulationService] - Hue Emulation service available under /api
2024-02-14 15:45:28.166 [INFO ] [ab.ui.habpanel.internal.HABPanelTile] - Stopped HABPanel
2024-02-14 15:45:28.334 [WARN ] [ROOT ] - bundle org.openhab.ui.habot:4.1.1 (340) BundleComponentActivator is not active; not scheduling Async Deactivate: org.openhab.ui.habot.notification.internal.WebPushNotificationModuleHandlerFactory id: 16
2024-02-14 15:45:28.351 [INFO ] [hab.ui.habot.tile.internal.HABotTile] - Stopped HABot
2024-02-14 15:45:28.465 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Stopped Basic UI
2024-02-14 15:45:28.527 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Shutting down openHAB Cloud service connection
2024-02-14 15:45:28.532 [WARN ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Socket.IO disconnected: io client disconnect
2024-02-14 15:45:28.534 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Disconnected from the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = 6f…e9, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2024-02-14 15:45:29.597 [INFO ] [hab.io.metrics.MetricsRestController] - Metrics service activated, serving the following URL(s): /rest/metrics/prometheus
2024-02-14 15:45:30.440 [WARN ] [ax.web.service.spi.model.ServerModel] - ServletModel{id=ServletModel-587,name=‘cxf-servlet’,urlPatterns=[/],contexts=[{WB,OCM-1,default,/}]} can’t be registered now in context / under "/" mapping. Conflict with ServletModel{id=ServletModel-124,name=‘/’,urlPatterns=[/],contexts=[{WB,OCM-1,default,/}]}.
2024-02-14 15:45:30.442 [WARN ] [ax.web.service.spi.model.ServerModel] - Skipped registration of ServletModel{id=ServletModel-587,name=‘cxf-servlet’,urlPatterns=[/
],contexts=[{WB,OCM-1,default,/}]} because of existing mappings. Servlet will be added as “awaiting registration”.
2024-02-14 15:45:39.979 [INFO ] [io.hueemulation.internal.ConfigStore] - Using discovery ip 192.168.111.9
2024-02-14 15:45:39.981 [INFO ] [io.hueemulation.internal.ConfigStore] - Hue Emulation pairing disabled
2024-02-14 15:45:40.298 [INFO ] [ulation.internal.HueEmulationService] - Hue Emulation service available under /api
2024-02-14 15:45:40.642 [INFO ] [ulation.internal.HueEmulationService] - Hue Emulation service available under /api
2024-02-14 15:45:40.909 [INFO ] [io.openhabcloud.internal.CloudClient] - Connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = 6f…e9, base URL = http://localhost:8080)
2024-02-14 15:45:41.227 [INFO ] [internal.ModuleHandlerFactoryStarter] - WebPushNotificationModuleHandlerFactory started by ModuleHandlerFactoryStarter
2024-02-14 15:45:41.748 [INFO ] [hab.ui.habot.tile.internal.HABotTile] - Started HABot at /habot
2024-02-14 15:45:42.221 [INFO ] [ab.ui.habpanel.internal.HABPanelTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel

I´m not shure what to do to fix… and how long I have the WEB runing.
I saw this behavior form time to time… having a WEB interface until lunch a rule or do a reboot

Thank you for help
Stef

as espected:
after first login and having a look for installed bindings or rules:

So no improvement over all - the system is blowing in the wind a restore a backup which should be compatible to 4.0.0 as mstormi says (see above) does not work! Excellent "embedded backup and restore" solution! (As the whole!

After the fifth boot it´s up and runing… now I have problems with z-wave… some fibaro are gone or not operational… sinve 3. known
not a good experience - in my eyes openhab is more and more going to a undefined flying object. nobody takes care about all stuff and the new stuff is only for mouse klickers … sorry

I thank all who helped me coming back to a running environment.
Now I have to decide to stay or find another system - as I said I used OH since 1.19 but 3.x and aspecially 4.x - … ???

Thank you
Cheers Stef

There are several errors in the log related to openweathermap, shelly and upnp things. Does the UI come up for long enough for you to delete these things? It would make the log cleaner and make it easier to see other errors.

The chance of rebuilding from an NVMe to an SD card fixing issues like the ones you’re seeing is vanishingly small.