- Hardware: Raspi 3 B+ (Raspian OS 10)
- Attached Hardware: Amber Wireless AMB8465 stick to read out Wireless M-Bus from water & heat meter
- Docker / Portainer: 2.9.3
- openHAB Software: 3.1.0 Release Build
- openHAB Bindings: Homematic Binding (logging the heating, controlling lights and blinds), Gardena Binding for Gardena Gateway / smart irrigation control (logging soil humidity), Alexa Binding (controlling the Homematic lights)
- Homematic IP Hardware: CCU2 (2.59.7), multiple Homematic IP devices
From time to time my Alexa binding turns incapable of controlling devices (they show up as “unresponsive” in the Alexa App):
My first thought was that the entire binding is offline. But when the devices turn unresponsive, both the Things in openHAB are shown as “online” (both the account as well as the actual Echo Dot)…
… and simple tests such as
still work. So the binding is somehow still there.
The log shows nothing related to that (e.g. when I try to switch on a light by talking to Alexa), which is probably another hint that the “inbound connection” to openHab does not seem to work anymore.
The only hint I have for a potential root cause is a log entry ~ 1 minute…
17:10:38.787 [INFO ] [ocontrol.internal.WebSocketConnection] - Web Socket close 1005. Reason: null
… which is maybe related to this: Web Socket Error on AmazonEchoControl binding every 65 seconds , though this would not explain why the binding works most of the time (and if it doesn’t, disabling and enabling the binding makes it work again).
Anyone having an idea?