Alexa Translation Help Needed (Spanish, Italian)

All, Amazon rejected our initial submission. They are requiring additional information in the skills description. I have added the english version for the additional detail, but I need help with the translation into Spanish, French, German and Italian. If this is something you can help with, I would be extremely appreciative! Translations can be done by anyone at https://crowdin.com/project/openhab-alexa . Thanks in advance!

We are dependent on the languages and regions Amazon supports, I don’t know what their plan is for Greece, but I don’t see it as an option to translate to. :frowning:

1 Like

Hello, Italian translation is done!
Thanks guys for your work :star_struck:

Spanish tranlation is ready :slight_smile:

When we can found the Skill in the amazon skill?
i can’t found in the avaible skill …
Thanks !

Thanks @Danaprous and @JAnguita !

I would need to know what country you are in

Me too I can’t find the italian version if I search from my Alexa mobile app…
thank you to everybody!

If you read a few posts up you will see we need to resubmit our skill, I will submit again as soon as I have our French and German changes finished

Italy.

I saw from https://crowdin.com/project/openhab-alexa
that the Italian, Spanish and German are 100% missing only the French(42%) … can not you in the meantime release the languages ​​ready?
Thanks

News?

Hello Dan,
Sorry, but i don’t understand. I have seen on crowdin, french translatin is 98%. But, I did a check on Amazon France and openhab skill is already published. So, if you want to update to Spanish and Italian, why do we need French translation again? Can’t you use the French translation already published?
Maybe I’m wrong, I dont know how amazon skill approval process work.
Thank you
Stefan

How long do you think it takes before amazon introduces this skill?
Thanks

I can’t wait! Thank you for your job!

When you publish, you publish all languages together, you can’t pick and choose. If one fails (like french) it fails for all languages. I’m not sure how much they review previous supported languages, but I would think they would want consistency. In any case, I’m not going to wait to get rejected to find out. The 98% was enough ( 2% was just a comment thats not used) and we submitted last Monday, so now waiting to hear the results.

I would expect to hear back soon, but its anyones guess.

Our submission email actually says this:

In most cases, we will provide feedback or publish your skill within 5 business days.

2 Likes

Thank you Dan, you’re too kind

Thank you Dan!!! :star_struck:

Great Dan. Thank you!