Alexa Translation Help Needed (Spanish, Italian)

Hi Dan,

I have created an account on crowdin to modify the french translation (1 sentence was weird). Looks good now !
Do not hesitate to message me if a french translation is needed :slight_smile:

If help is still needed I am up for Italian

Good Evening,
any news?

thks
Michele

:sob: still nothing :sob:
alexa_skill_0
:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

you can try hue emulator

1 Like

Hi Mario, thanks.
Already tried, but with some errors. works, but not fine. I don’t want to be OT, so I’ll open a new thread about hue emulator issues.
I still hope the openhab skill will arrive :heart_eyes::star_struck::yum:

I have a few pen-friends abroad. Therefore, I constantly need a translator. For these purposes, I use Google Translate.

Hi Dan, do you have any news from Amazon?

Was about to ask the same. They said 5 working days, but we are approaching the end of the third week…
I’m eagerly waiting to integrate Alexa in my openhab installation…

Hi Dan, any news? I need to turn on the lights, I’m in the dark :scream:

You may want to look here as well for news: Official Alexa Smart Home Skill for openHAB 2

waiting the official release, I used this guide:
https://heathpaddock.com/2017/02/02/making-amazon-echo-alexa-sing-to-openhab2/
to connect my openhab whit Alexa in Italy. with voice commands in italian :wink:
I had some issues with discovery because my .items file is too long. The workarround was to use an .items file with only the entries that had the Alexa tags. Then I restored the complete file, obviously the items with the tags must remain in the file.
Note 1: in the config.js file, the host can be: ‘myopenhab.org’, but its also work wit home.myopenhab.org
Note 2: Amazon AWS and Alexa developer sites are little bit different in this moment from the guide, but settigs are same.
Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi Stefan,
I am not a linux expert but I follow the linked guide.
I got an error during the creation of lambda function with nodejs:

The runtime parameter of nodejs4.3 is no longer supported but I have installed nodejs8.13
[solved] just change it in .evn file.

Now I arrive at the end. But when I try to enable the skill in Alexa app, they redirect me in a menu asking if I agree to approve"mynick", as soon I agree I am redirectedin an error page saying: "At the moment is not possible to connect openhab-development skill …any help?

Maybe should be a good idea (and correct) to open another thread, we are OT.
however,

1. about nodejs 4.3 is strange, I’ve created yesterday another lambda function (with nodejs 4.3) without problems, see this picture taked few minutes ago:
  2. the Alexa skill Payload must be version 2 (legacy) Don’t use v3, is a different github branch
  3. the account linking must be like in this picture:
  4. then, in the security profile from “Login with Amazon” must have this settings:

from same profile you will use client id and secret
  5. last, check if the .env file has uncommented (togle //) from username and password. You must use yours myopenhab.org account and password ( myopenhab.org account it is required)
    To troubleshoot: you can chek in your aws lambda panel: select “monitoraggio”, then “visualizza log in Cloud Wathch” and you can see alexa skill log (if talk with lambda function :slight_smile: )
    Try again and good luck :sunglasses:

Thanks solved.
I r-ecreate the lambda function and repeat all the steps after and now It works.
The only setting I change is the V2 instead of v3 but I don’t think this is the reason.
Do you use the v2 or v3?
Regards
Lorenzo

I use version 2. I did not have time to try version 3
As I said before, Version 3 is a DIFFERENT branch and use DIFFERENT tags, take look here:

Hi All, sorry for the delayed response here, I have been traveling for the last week. Our skill is in review now, we had submitted it on Dec 2nd for the second time after being rejected without any feedback why, I am guessing there was an issue with our demo server, but I can’t tell for sure. I just reached out to our contact to try and understand whats holding the release of the skill up.

6 Likes

Hi Dan, thanks for the effort. I am new to Alexa. Could you enlight me on what V2/V3 refer to? Moreover, will the skill understand italian voice commands for both light, rollers and temperature? I want to integrate Echo in a system based on Bticino Myhome (there is an openhab2 binding for that) with somfy motors for sunshades and shutters and Netatmo valves.

Marco,
Alexa is supporting Italian … v2 is the one described in the Wiki with [lighting],[thermostat],[switchable] tags therefore It is enough for your use.
I Don’t know if the new skill under review will also support the new v3 (usually V3 support also v2 tags).

Regards
Lorenzo

Thanks Stefan.
To test the v3 it seems it is just need to re-create a new lambda function using this fork. Isn’t it?

For now I can survive with v2 waiting new official Alexa relase.