Amazonechocontrol binding does not update lastVoiceCommand

Amazon echo control lastVoiceCommand seems to have stopped updating about a week ago. I just got time today to start looking at. I ultimately decided to upgrade to openHab3. Below is my configuration:

_   _     _     ____
   ___   ___   ___   ___  | | | |   / \   | __ )
  / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | |_| |  / _ \  |  _ \
 | (_) | (_) |  __/| | | ||  _  | / ___ \ | |_) )
  \___/|  __/ \___/|_| |_||_| |_|/_/   \_\|____/
       |_|       3.1.0 - Release Build

Use '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
To exit, use '<ctrl-d>' or 'logout'.

openhab> bundle:list | grep Amazon
256 x Active x  80 x 3.1.0                 x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

If I use the openhab-cli to issue the command openhab:send Echo_Office_LastVoiceCommand "test", the office echo says “test” and the following entry is made in the events.log:

2021-11-09 13:29:00.293 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Echo_Office_LastVoiceCommand' changed from null to test

However, if I say something to the same echo, I never see an entry in my long for Echo_Office_LastVoiceCommand. I have a rule as follows:

However, when I say good night to any echo, the rule is not triggered. As of a week or so again, it was.

Any idea how to fix this or what I can look at to debug it?

Thank You!

It‘s broken. No fix available in openHAB.

This is an important part of my openHab config. I hope it is fixed soon. Is anybody working on it? Is there an idea of where the problem lies? Is there an ETA for a fix?

Same question here, and appreciate all @J-N-K’s efforts… just trying to decide about developing work-arounds or waiting for amazon or whoever to re-enable. I understand the game we play.

1 Like

This just started happening to me in the past week. It’s ignoring all types of greetings. Everything else seems to be working.

1 Like

I just upgraded to OH3.2, removed my echo things and readded. I still have the problem with lastVoiceCommand not getting updated.

Edit: Fixed by the information in Amazon Echo Control: Is LastVoiceCommand still broken? - #15 by edwolfe807