Amazonechocontrol binding does not update lastVoiceCommand

Amazon echo control lastVoiceCommand seems to have stopped updating about a week ago. I just got time today to start looking at. I ultimately decided to upgrade to openHab3. Below is my configuration:

_   _     _     ____
   ___   ___   ___   ___  | | | |   / \   | __ )
  / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | |_| |  / _ \  |  _ \
 | (_) | (_) |  __/| | | ||  _  | / ___ \ | |_) )
  \___/|  __/ \___/|_| |_||_| |_|/_/   \_\|____/
       |_|       3.1.0 - Release Build

Use '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
To exit, use '<ctrl-d>' or 'logout'.

openhab> bundle:list | grep Amazon
256 x Active x  80 x 3.1.0                 x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

If I use the openhab-cli to issue the command openhab:send Echo_Office_LastVoiceCommand "test", the office echo says “test” and the following entry is made in the events.log:

2021-11-09 13:29:00.293 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Echo_Office_LastVoiceCommand' changed from null to test

However, if I say something to the same echo, I never see an entry in my long for Echo_Office_LastVoiceCommand. I have a rule as follows:

However, when I say good night to any echo, the rule is not triggered. As of a week or so again, it was.

Any idea how to fix this or what I can look at to debug it?

Thank You!

1 Like

It‘s broken. No fix available in openHAB.

This is an important part of my openHab config. I hope it is fixed soon. Is anybody working on it? Is there an idea of where the problem lies? Is there an ETA for a fix?

Same question here, and appreciate all @J-N-K’s efforts… just trying to decide about developing work-arounds or waiting for amazon or whoever to re-enable. I understand the game we play.

1 Like

This just started happening to me in the past week. It’s ignoring all types of greetings. Everything else seems to be working.

1 Like

I just upgraded to OH3.2, removed my echo things and readded. I still have the problem with lastVoiceCommand not getting updated.

Edit: Fixed by the information in Amazon Echo Control: Is LastVoiceCommand still broken? - #15 by edwolfe807

Since a couple of days, i noticed, that die lastVoiceCommand-Channel does not get information anymore…

Can somebody confirm this?

I have the problem on all echo-devices included in OH…

I use the actual 3.4.2 Release Build.

Ralph

I am on 3.4.1:

2023-03-30 23:20:39.456 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Echo_Plus_LastVoiceCommand' changed from aus to haustür beleuchtung einschalten
2023-03-31 08:40:29.481 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Echo_Plus_LastVoiceCommand' changed from haustür beleuchtung einschalten to t. v. ausschalten

seems to work

With 3.4.2 no reaction…when i set the log to TRACE…i can’t see something in the log, when i ask alexa something…

Now i have downgraded my amazonechocontrol-binding to version 3.4.1.
Now it works again.

so the problem seems to be in the 3.4.2 binding

@J-N-K : Are you still in development of this binding?

I can‘t remember any changes in the openHAB version of the binding.

ok. i have tested again both versions:

3.4.2: no function at this channel
3.4.1: everything fine.

in the github-history there are some general changes in the binding. perhaps one of these cause the problem…i am not deep enough in this environment to judge this…but the problem is definitive in the binding.

which one do you use ? The one from OH or from SmartHome/J marketplace ? I am using that one from SmartHome/J.
EDIT: just checked the version number of the binding that I have in use: 3.2.11. That may explain why I don’t see that behavior.

I think that feature is being used by many users. Personally I would have expected to see more reports in case it is a problem in general.

i use the 3.4.2 Binding from release…there is no other version displayed.
when i use bundle:list the output is:

320 │ Active │ 80 │ 3.4.2 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

ok…after some “playing around” with the versions…i can say, that in 3.4.1 the functionality is not stable too…Maybe there is a problem on the Amazon side

i looks, that sometimes no web-socket-listener could be registered to inform about spoken commands…but i cant see something in the log…

The problem is not only with the lastVoiceCommand-Channel.
When I change the volume of an echo device (with the buttons on the device), that change does not update in OpenHAB too…but in the alexa app I see the change.

It seems, that all changes on the devices are not reflected back in OpenHAB…

The websocket connection is broken in the openHAB version of the binding.

1 Like

Correct, with the SmartHome/J-Version of the binding…it works…

1 Like

Are there plans to get the openHAB-Version of the binding back to work ?

hi i have the same problem and i see that there is a new version 3.2.4. Does this fix the problem?