Amazonechocontrol binding does not update lastVoiceCommand

I am on 3.4.1:

2023-03-30 23:20:39.456 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Echo_Plus_LastVoiceCommand' changed from aus to haustĆ¼r beleuchtung einschalten
2023-03-31 08:40:29.481 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Echo_Plus_LastVoiceCommand' changed from haustĆ¼r beleuchtung einschalten to t. v. ausschalten

seems to work

With 3.4.2 no reactionā€¦when i set the log to TRACEā€¦i canā€™t see something in the log, when i ask alexa somethingā€¦

Now i have downgraded my amazonechocontrol-binding to version 3.4.1.
Now it works again.

so the problem seems to be in the 3.4.2 binding

@J-N-K : Are you still in development of this binding?

I canā€˜t remember any changes in the openHAB version of the binding.

ok. i have tested again both versions:

3.4.2: no function at this channel
3.4.1: everything fine.

in the github-history there are some general changes in the binding. perhaps one of these cause the problemā€¦i am not deep enough in this environment to judge thisā€¦but the problem is definitive in the binding.

which one do you use ? The one from OH or from SmartHome/J marketplace ? I am using that one from SmartHome/J.
EDIT: just checked the version number of the binding that I have in use: 3.2.11. That may explain why I donā€™t see that behavior.

I think that feature is being used by many users. Personally I would have expected to see more reports in case it is a problem in general.

i use the 3.4.2 Binding from releaseā€¦there is no other version displayed.
when i use bundle:list the output is:

320 ā”‚ Active ā”‚ 80 ā”‚ 3.4.2 ā”‚ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

okā€¦after some ā€œplaying aroundā€ with the versionsā€¦i can say, that in 3.4.1 the functionality is not stable tooā€¦Maybe there is a problem on the Amazon side

i looks, that sometimes no web-socket-listener could be registered to inform about spoken commandsā€¦but i cant see something in the logā€¦

The problem is not only with the lastVoiceCommand-Channel.
When I change the volume of an echo device (with the buttons on the device), that change does not update in OpenHAB tooā€¦but in the alexa app I see the change.

It seems, that all changes on the devices are not reflected back in OpenHABā€¦

The websocket connection is broken in the openHAB version of the binding.

1 Like

Correct, with the SmartHome/J-Version of the bindingā€¦it worksā€¦

1 Like

Are there plans to get the openHAB-Version of the binding back to work ?

hi i have the same problem and i see that there is a new version 3.2.4. Does this fix the problem?

hi, can you give me the link to download the working version of binding please. THANKS

FYI, I updated OH with version 3.4.4 and the SmartHome/J Amazon Echo control Binding 3.2.16 binding for my Alexa equipment and I found the features of Last voice command, on the other hand I lost the functionality of TextCommand which no longer works!

Should this work on OH 4.0.2 and amazonehocontrol binding 4.0.2? Sometime after updating to OH v4, lastVoiceCommand has stopped working, so a sanity-check type of question: should it work and is it just me?

Amazon removed the undocumented feature.
There is an other thread with a potential workaround.

Do you, by any chance, have the link to the workaround?

I think this is the thread

1 Like

Hi,

I implemented a workaround which principle is explained here:

This is neither pythonic nor openhabic but at least it works :woozy_face:

1 Like