AmbientWeather.net weather station binding

Does anyone know if the existing AWS binding will support the wa 2000?
Rpi3b+
OH2.5 M6

Thank you

If it uploads to ambientweather.net, it’s likely that it can be supported.

Can you add your station as a WS-1400 thing, then put the binding in debug mode. Post the JSON string that’s returned by ambient weather. I’ll take a look at how hard it’ll be to add support for this station.

Thank you @mhilbush!
Rodger Willco, will do.

@mhilbush: I tried to setup the bridge according to the documentation https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/ambientweather/ .

File looks like this:

Bridge ambientweather:bridge:mybridge [ applicationKey="bd7eb3fe87f74e9.....", apiKey="efe88d6202be43e6a40....." ] {
Thing ambientweather:ws1400ip:ws1400ip "WS-1400IP" [ macAddress="00:0E:C6:00:08:AB" ]
}

When saving that file I get the error

13:13:52.351 [WARN ] [del.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'ambient.things' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [2,41]: no viable alternative at input 'WS-1400IP'
[2,53]: no viable alternative at input 'macAddress'

What did I miss?

Try this.

Bridge ambientweather:bridge:mybridge "Ambient Weather Bridge" [ applicationKey="bd7eb3fe87f74e9.....", apiKey="efe88d6202be43e6a40....." ] {
    Thing ws1400ip ws1400ip "Ambient Weather WS-1400-IP" [ macAddress="00:0E:C6:00:08:AB" ]
}

I did and the result is the same.

I edited the above post. Try that.

Thanks, at least I don’t get an error anymore.
BTW: I copied all items from the documentation and got an error - as it turned out a ‘"’ was missing at

String WS1400IP_PressureTrend "Pressure Trend [%s] 

Now all links have been added successfully, and the bridge has become online! Thanks for the help.

Thanks. I’ll push a few fixes to the docs.

Mark, after successful installation I have a couple of odd values, which might be linked to the units. I used the items definition as per documentation:

The result is as follows:

The values in the Ambient Weather dashboard:

So the problems are:

• rain fall hourly rate has a wrong unit (km/h instead of mm/h)
  • rain fall day should be mm instead of m
  • battery does not translate although I put the map file in the right location(no errors in the log file)
  • I do not get a location although one exists in the AW dashboard

I am running 2.5.0 RC1

For “rain fall day”, try replacing %unit% with mm. Or, better yet, try putting these in a sitemap. I’m not sure PaperUI does a proper rendering of QuantityTypes, nor do I think it supports MAP transforms.

To know what’s going on here, I’d need to see the json string returned by the API. Can you put the binding in debug mode, then post the json displayed in the log file? Mask the MAC address if you don’t want it posted on the forum.

The switch to sitemap fixed the issue. I had to change the unit to “mm” for the Daily Rain amount, though, it would come as m. I still have to get to the location issue.

Is there a trick to getting an Application Key? I’ve submitted multiple requests through the dashboard, but it only ever shows “(application key)”, then the API key. Do I need to access it somewhere else?

There shouldn’t be any trick. But, I haven’t looked at it in a while. Will look now…

After clicking on the Click here link, you should see something like this. Just say that you need an app key for your openHAB installation.

Yep, did that, but the key never shows up (just says “(Application Key)” where it should be. Are the keys manually approved? Maybe there’s just nobody home right now…

I think they might be manually approved. At one point, I seem to recall there was something that said it might take up to 24 hours.

Given the current situation, it also could be that no one’s home.

Well, thanks for checking. I don’t suppose you would want to share your App/API key in the meantime…? :slight_smile:

How long have you been waiting for the key?

About a week. I think I submitted the first req Wed. or Thurs of last week.