Android APP not updating Icons

I also have the problem in BascUI that after a change in the Items or Sitemap the autoupdate is stuck.
Then it helps to restart Openhab and it works again. Maybe same issue here?

Holger

i restarted openhab, and still the same behavior, as i already assumed.
right now i have no idea what’s the reason for this, everything seems to be ok except the icon update on the android app when i’m connected to the remote link (myopenhab). as soon as im at home and connected to the local server/link all appears correctly in the app.

I can confirm this or a similar issue with MQTT items accessed via myopenHAB from my iOS app, see
Incorrect item states via myopenHAB

1 Like

@Trickx is it for you that the state of the item is not reflecting correctly on myopenhab or only the icon?
because the state (switch) is showing as OFF in the android app for me but the icon is still showing as ON.
on myopenhab in all UIs its showing correctly.

1 Like

i just checked the same thing on another setup wit an older version of the 2.2 snapshot (#1073)
same result.
is it possible that this is related to the latest changes/updates of myopenhab?

i just added a basic sitemap and items to that environment, nothing fancy at all.

sitemap demo label="Main" {
    Frame label="Main" {

Switch item=GF_Reception_Maindoow_Switch icon="light"
		Switch item=FF_Test_Switch icon="light"
        }
    }
Switch	GF_Reception_Maindoor_Switch		{channel="zwave:device:15ec7455983:node17:switch_binary1"}
Number	GF_Reception_Maindoor_Keyfob		{channel="zwave:device:15ec7455983:node18:scene_number"}
Number	GF_Reception_Maindoor_Keyfob_Batt	{channel="zwave:device:15ec7455983:node18:battery-level"}

Switch	FF_Test_Switch

I’m also using a 2.2 snapshot version of openHAB.
My issue seem to be related to the openHAB cloud configuration.
I just realized that I’m not able to enable some items being exposed to myopenHAB.
Some items’ checkboxes are not enabled in PaperUI.
When I try to enabled them, this settings is not storerd.
When re-loading the page, the item is again disabled.

ok did some more testing with always same results. i tested this now on 3 different openhabian installations 2 of them with the 2.2 stable and one with the lates 2.3 snapshot each time on 3 different Android phones.

always the same behavior, on remote connection the switch/state of an item is changing via the android APP but the Icon shows always ON.

does really nobody else is having the same behavior? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

Yes I’m having the same problem with a remote connection. I see incorrect icons and most of my charts do not display.

for me its now all of a sudden working again.

Still not working for me. In the screenshots below you can see the network icons are black (undefined) when using remote. If I clear the image cache from the app I usually get a different set of incorrect icons.

Local:

Remote:

@digitaldan is this something to do with the myopenhab changes?

seems i was to fast, back to the same. but even clearing the icon cache is not changing anything for me.

this is how it looks for me. the location service icons should also show as OFF as for the local connection.
at both times the state is OFF.

local:

remote:

I have the same problem with light icon. All my light icon are showed as on regardless of the switch status. If I click on the switch it work. My garage icon work correctly though. Using openhab cloud.

it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it ?

Hey @jasonsmith,
Sorry for the late answer, I haven’t seen your question. Do you still have this issue?

As of latest version, nothing update itself, I have to change page or do a refresh to see the change in the page. Like if someone open a light or if I press the open all button, all of my light doesn’t get open in the page, I have to hit refresh or switch group/frame page

This was an issue for me as well.
I’m having the same problem with a remote connection.
Did you ever find a resolution?

Can you post your items and sitemap files?

I am also having issues with the Android app not updating icons when states change. Wondering if I may be missing something, if you have any suggestions.

Default built-in icons - state changes with no issue

Custom SVG vector icons - state does not change in Android

• Custom SVG Icons change state via WEB interface using Basic UI, remotely
  • Confirmed that “vector” is selected, not “bitmap”
  • Rebooted openhab2, issue persists.
  • Utilizing Android openHAB v2.5.0 - Nov 24 version
  • I do have a reverse proxy configured, and am connected directly to that, not via openhab cloud

Things

//This is the Alexa Items File

//Lights
Switch  Alexa_LIGHTS_OSf            "Outdoor Lights"              (Alexa) ["Lighting"]    {channel="zwave:device:512:node9:switch_binary"}
Switch  Alexa_LIGHTS_Garage         "Garage Lights"               (Alexa) ["Lighting"]    {channel="zwave:device:512:node5:switch_binary"}

Dimmer  Alexa_LIGHTS_MASTERBDRM     "Bedroom Lights"              (Alexa) ["Lighting"]    {channel="zwave:device:512:node22:switch_dimmer"} 
Dimmer  Alexa_LIGHTS_MASTERBDRM     "Master Bedroom Lights"       (Alexa) ["Lighting"]    {channel="zwave:device:512:node22:switch_dimmer"} 
Dimmer  Alexa_LIGHTS_MASTERBDRM     "My Bedroom Lights"           (Alexa) ["Lighting"]    {channel="zwave:device:512:node22:switch_dimmer"} 
Number  Alexa_LIGHTS_MASTERBDRM_LVL "Bedroom Light Dimmer"        (Alexa) ["Lighting"]    {channel="zwave:device:512:node22:scene_number"}
Number  Alexa_LIGHTS_MASTERBDRM_LVL "Master Bedroom Light Dimmer" (Alexa) ["Lighting"]    {channel="zwave:device:512:node22:scene_number"}

//Garage Door Opener Power Outlett
Switch  Alexa_PSWITCH_GARAGE_OHDOOR "Garage Door Power"           (Alexa) ["Switchable"]  {channel="zwave:device:512:node10:switch_binary"}

//Light Switch Front Door Outside
//Switch LSWITCH_FRONT_OUTSIDE_LIGHTS "Outside Front Lights" {channel="zwave:device:512:node9:switch_binary"}
Number LSWITCH_FRONT_OUTSIDE_SCENE_ "Outside Front Lights Scene" {channel="zwave:device:512:node9:scene_number"}

//Light Switch Garage
//Switch LSWITCH_GARAGE_LIGHTS "Garage Lights" {channel="zwave:device:512:node5:switch_binary"}
Number LSWITCH_GARAGE_LIGHTS_SCENE "Garage Lights Scene" {channel="zwave:device:512:node5:scene_number"}

// Light Dimmer Master Bedroom
//Dimmer LSWITCH_MASTERBDRM_LIGHTS "Master Bedroom Lights" {channel="zwave:device:512:node22:switch_dimmer"} 
//Number LSWITCH_MASTERBDRM_LIGHTS_SCENE "Master Bedroom Lights Scene" {channel="zwave:device:512:node22:scene_number"}

// Switch Garage Exterior Door
Contact DOOR_GARAGE_OS_CONTACT "Outside Garage Door Contact" {channel="zwave:device:512:node14:sensor_door"}
Contact DOOR_GARAGE_OS_ALARM "Outside Garage Door Alarm" {channel="zwave:device:512:node14:alarm_general"}
Number DOOR_GARAGE_OS_BATTERY "Outside Garage Door Battery [%d %%]" {channel="zwave:device:512:node14:battery-level" }   //e.g. "50 %"

// Switch Garage Interior Door
Contact DOOR_GARAGE_INSIDE_CONTACT "Inside Garage Door Contact" {channel="zwave:device:512:node13:sensor_door"}
Contact DOOR_GARAGE_INSIDE_ALARM "Inside Garage Door Alarm" {channel="zwave:device:512:node13:alarm_general"}
Number DOOR_GARAGE_INSIDE_BATTERY "Inside Garage Door Battery [%d %%]" {channel="zwave:device:512:node13:battery-level" }

// Switch Garage Overhead DOOR
Contact DOOR_GARAGE_OH_CONTACT "Overhead Garage Door Contact" {channel="zwave:device:512:node11:sensor_door"}
Contact DOOR_GARAGE_OH_ALARM "Overhead Garage Door Alarm" {channel="zwave:device:512:node11:alarm_general"}
Number DOOR_GARAGE_OH_BATTERY "Overhead Garage Door Battery" {channel="zwave:device:512:node11:battery-level"}

My Current Sitemap

sitemap home label="Our SmartHome" {

Frame label="Date" {
                Text item=Today 
        }

Frame label="House Stuff"
    {
      Switch item=DOOR_GARAGE_OS_CONTACT icon="lock1"
      Switch item=DOOR_GARAGE_OS_CONTACT icon=switch
      Text item=DOOR_GARAGE_OS_BATTERY icon=batterylevel
      Switch item=DOOR_GARAGE_INSIDE_CONTACT icon="lock1"
      Switch item=DOOR_GARAGE_INSIDE_CONTACT icon=switch
      Text item=DOOR_GARAGE_INSIDE_BATTERY icon=batterylevel
      Switch item=DOOR_F_LOCK icon="lock1"
      Switch item=DOOR_F_LOCK icon=switch
      Switch item=Alexa_LIGHTS_Garage icon=door
      Switch item=Alexa_LIGHTS_OSf icon=lock
      Switch item=Alexa_PSWITCH_GARAGE_OHDOOR
      Text item=SENSOR_GARAGE_TEMP icon=temperature
      Text item=SENSOR_BASEMENT_TEMP icon=temperature

Text item=Bedrooms label="Bedrooms" icon="bedroom" {
        Frame label="Rooms" {
          Switch item=Alexa_LIGHTS_MASTERBDRM
          Slider item=Alexa_LIGHTS_MASTERBDRM
        }
      }
    }

}

And here is a tree of my folder structure.

Z:.
│   events.log
│
├───sounds
│       doorbell.mp3
│       barking.mp3
│
├───items
│       alexa.items
│       home.items
│       readme.txt
│       network.items
│       astro.items
│
├───sitemaps
│       readme.txt
│       home.sitemap
│
├───persistence
│       readme.txt
│
├───scripts
│       readme.txt
│
├───services
│       jdbc.cfg
│       runtime.cfg.dpkg-old
│       readme.txt
│       runtime.cfg
│       addons.cfg
│       heatmiser.cfg
│
├───icons
│   └───classic
│       │   lamp_globe-on.svg
│       │   lock-on.svg
│       │   lamp_globe_light-on.svg
│       │   lamp_globe_light.svg
│       │   readme.txt
│       │   door-off.svg
│       │   lamp_globe-off.svg
│       │   door-off.png
│       │   lock-off.svg
│       │   lamp_globe_light-off.svg
│       │   lock.svg
│       │   error2-no_error.svg
│       │   lamp_globe.svg
│       │   error2-no_fault.svg
│       │   error2.svg
│       │   door.svg
│       │   door-on.svg
│       │
│       └───archive
│               lock-on - Copy.svg
│               lock-on.svg
│               lockred.png
│               lockgreen.png
│               door.svg
│
├───things
│       home.things
│       readme.txt
│
├───transform
│       de.map
│       readme.txt
│       en.map
│
├───rules
│       readme.txt
│       home.rules
│
└───html
        readme.txt
        index.html

It’s possible that the app requests the wrong state for an icon: When you have a slider, the app may request state=0, while the Basic UI requests state=OFF.
I have a commit in the pipeline that enabled reading the app log. I hope I get the commit online in the next few days. This will make it much easier to debug such issues.

@mueller-ma I found my issue. I didn’t realize the openhab Android App itself had a bitmap/vector option. I was setting up everything server side.
I can confirm it is working, now I just need to fix my graphics.