Anybody interested in BARRIER_OPERATOR Zwave Command Class?

Hi Was finally able to get the Linear GD00Z Garage Opener working. I created a basic implementation of BARRIER_OPERATOR Command Class and a Corresponding Converter for this. If anybody is interested let me know i can pass on the classes. It is on the 1.8 (master branch) of OpenHAB-1

I assumed it required zwave encryption to work, is this not the case? I
picked one up a year ago, still in the box :wink:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 12:21 AM Shreekant Ankala < forum@community.openhab.org> wrote:

askant https://community.openhab.org/users/askant Shreekant Ankala
https://community.openhab.org/users/askant
November 11

Hi Was finally able to get the Linear GD00Z Garage Opener working. I
created a basic implementation of BARRIER_OPERATOR Command Class and a
Corresponding Converter for this. If anybody is interested let me know i
can pass on the classes. It is on the 1.8 (master branch) of OpenHAB-1

To respond, reply to this email or visit
Anybody interested in BARRIER_OPERATOR Zwave Command Class?
in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences
https://community.openhab.org/my/preferences.

To stop receiving notifications about this particular topic, click here
https://community.openhab.org/t/anybody-interested-in-barrier-operator-zwave-command-class/4109/unsubscribe

Sent from my mobile.

Please feel free to submit a PR - if you’ve implemented the class, we may as well incorporate it into the main binding source so that your efforts can be enjoyed by all :smile:

Thanks.

Cheers
Chris

Yes it does require Security implemented. I had pulled in @dbadia 's security changes to get the whole thing working of course.

Will do @chris

Does this mean that the security class stuff has been figured out to work with openhab? Locks can now be used?

No - it means that work is ongoing to get it included, but it may still be a little time off.

Follow the progress on the following thread -:

@askant Were you able to submit a PR for this?
If not, I can add them into my security changes if you send me the code.

Dave

@askant & @dbadia, did you guys ever connect on this?
Just got Linear GD00Z-4 controller, I’d like to test it out
Also requested by someone here

No, I haven’t heard anything about it.

Dave

@dbadia Sorry I have been a bit too busy with my for the past couple of months. I will send across the BarrierOperator Implementation I have.

sent to Dave and Vlad.

@askant - thank you.
@dbadia - Dave, will you be able to merge it and compile the binding for me to test the class?
I’ll get to setting up my own devenv at some point, but it will take time probably, my last one died together with my hard drive.

Are you able to make this available so it can also be added to the OH2 binding?

Cheers
Chris

@vgoldman I did a merge into my OH1 security branch and pushed a jar to dropbox

You’ll need to exclude your barrier device then do a secure pairing per the instructions here

@chris Would like to see someone get a good test with this code then I’ll send it over to you for OH2 integration

Ok - but as OH2 is a test binding, it’s no problem to add it now and do the testing there. I’m happy to integrate it if you can point me at the code.

Just sent it over to you Chris

Thanks Dave.

@dbadia @askant any hints to proper items configuration for this?
I did not try inclusion/exclusion yet (previously included successfully with a 3rd party software), I would rather see first if i’m able to send open/close commands to the controller and receive status updates…

Secure inclusion worked (or so it seems), but in generated node xml barrier operator command is not present:
<supportedCommandClasses> <entry> <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass> <basicCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported> </basicCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>NO_OPERATION</commandClass> <noOperationCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> </noOperationCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass> <manufacturerSpecificCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> </manufacturerSpecificCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>LOCK</commandClass> <lockCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> </lockCommandClass> </entry> </supportedCommandClasses> <securedCommandClasses/>

So if I use something like this:

Switch GDoor_Lock “Front door lock control” (Power) {zwave=“15:command=BARRIER_OPERATOR”}

I get an error:

22:48:26.713 WARN o.o.b.z.i.c.ZWaveConverterHandler[:414]- NODE 15: No command class found for item = GDoor_Lock. Class = barrier_operator(BARRIER_OPERATOR), endpoint = 0. Ignoring command.