Apple watch

Had the same problem (incl. some other problems listed here). Here’s what worked for me:

In the iOS App…

1. change “Local URL” from x.x.x.x:8080 to x.x.x.x to 8443
  2. activate “Always send credentials”
  3. activate “ignore SSL Certificates”

In the xxx.sitemap…

1. Set the name to “watch”:
    sitemap watch label="MyFlat" {

Guys (@Cplant @michab), it seems the latest test version 2.4.42 (published through Test Flight) solves the problem, the sitemap started to load also through internet. There is an auth error first, but then it loads. In the version description, they mention “Fixed connection to myopenhab.org”.

@abal - thats great news. How did you get the Testflight Invitation-Code to install the 2.4.42?
Solved: This is the invitation link

@michab please give here an update if that version solves the connection issue on your end as well.

@abal - I tested it when i was mobile and it worked. First it show a connection error - but when pressing “Refresh” it works. Great so far. Thx to the product team.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation, I’ve reported/confirmed it back to the original bug.

Does anybody know how to change the icon size? On my Watch7 45mm it’s kinda small

Very happy it finally works though :grinning:

Did you find a way to show bigger switches?

Hi all,
just as a tip:
I also was looking around for a possibility to control some parts of my OH-environment with my apple-watch (and of course the iPhone) some time ago.
My solution (which may not fit to others): I forwarded a number of items to HOMEKIT via the HomeKit-integration-service. This integrates OH pretty well into the whole apple-environment, even Siri can be used. Usually you even do not need too many of the items on the mobile-device, so this should not be to much to do (and you even have to do nearly the same job with the additional sitemap if you run OH3). I use a old wall-mounted iPad5 as my Homekit-controller, this gives me additionally the possibility to control stuff from anywhere (I know, this might be not working anymore with IOS/ipadOS 16, but currently it’s fine) without extra exposing my OH to the world outside. This even integrates into the Home-App on the Mac as well as apple’s carplay, so you get i.e. automatically shown on the CarPlay-screen the button to open the garage, when you drive near to your house. Awesome! :wink:

The only small disadvantage is, that in HomeKit, you do not have that many types of different types of switches/contacts/values a.s.o. This lead to some strange displaying-effects; i.e. there is no “current”-value, so I show the data of my PV as “lux” :wink:
I even use HomeKit to get some values/items into open hab, which do not have a binding yet: “Home-Bridge” is the translator for a number of devices here.

As said, just MY solution, maybe worth thinking about for some of you…

Cheers

Hi all

I haven‘t been in this topic for a long time.

Was there in the meantime a documentation published on how to properly configure the iOS app so that the Watch app runs smoothly?

I still have some problems. It’s such a shame that the Watch app doesn’t run flawlessly, because when it works it’s really great!

With the latest version on TestFlight (2.4.54) I get this error each time I start the watch app:

Since the latest version on Testflight the Watch complication no longer only displays the openHAB logo, but apparently a value should be displayed. For me, however, it is unfortunately unclear how to configure this value correctly so that there really appears something. Does anybody know something about this new feature?

Please post your settings here. Can only say that it is working for me.

Thanks for your reply hmerk.
Below my settings. Before this settings I have also tried with the following values:

• Local URL: http:192.168.178.62.8080 (instead of https://192.168.178.62.8443)
  • always send credentials: ON
  • ignore ssl certificate: OFF

I didn’t found any combination yet, which avoids all sort of error messages.

I think the sitemap should be ok, since all items work after confirming the erorr screen. The name of the sitemap file is “watch.sitemap” and the name is “watch

App Version: 2.4.54 (1580410525)
OpenHAB Version: 3.2.0 - Release Build

Hmm, can‘t see any difference in the settings, apart from not using https locally.
Just tried, openHAB logo is shown on watch face and did not get your error message. There is a different error message when I open the app, but this one vanishes after a second or so without need of interaction.

Difference I see is that I am on openHAB 3.4.0.M3

Thanks for your reply. I think I will try it with an updated of openHAB in the next few days.

At least I can use the app after confirming the error message.

I have updated openHAB to the latest release version 3.3.0.
Now I still receive an error screen each time when I start the app on the watch, but the error message is a littel bit different:

Hi i get it to work but i cant make submenues if i choose the watch sitemap in my iphone this is working but on the apple watch the submenu is empty and if i go back from the submenu the whole application hangs any ideas?

sitemap watch label="watch" {
    Frame label="Wohnzimmer" icon="groundfloor" {

Text   item=Wohnzimmer_inside_temperature 
        Switch item=Wohnzimmer_Decke
        Switch item=Wohnzimmer_Couch
        Switch item=Wohnzimmer_Fenster
                Group item=Rolladen  {
                        Switch item=Buero_Rolladen_Vorne_Links
                        /*Switch item=Wohnzimmer_Rolladen_Seite
                        Switch item=Wohnzimmer_Rolladen_Vorne_Links
                        Switch item=Wohnzimmer_Rolladen_Vorne_Rechts*/
                }       
         }
}

Same for me. Maybe a feature (submenus not supported) and not a bug?

how to report such a bug?

Ok i find already a report from 2020 ;-(

It is not ab bug but a feature request :wink: