Astro Items+Sitemap+Map+♈ Binding Example

Oh ok :blush:

@Yoinkz I’ve just updated the article. Please see if the changes help :wink:

1 Like

Thanks man! Much appreciated!

@ThomDietrich

Hey Thom - seems to almost work like a charm. The only problem is that the date / time is not being showed at all?
Do you know why it only gives me this:

Weather & Astro -, -.-.-

// Thanks

Yes. You need to install the ntp binding. Check out the item definition :wink:

I’ll add that details to the original post. Thanks for making me aware!!

Hey,

Does anyone know what the values for the Phase of day is?
I’m experiencing some problems with the phase. As far as I have seen, it only shows daylight and night. Currently the time is 8 o’clock CET and it shows me Night? Wasn’t it supposed to show Evening or so?

Also what about the New and full moon. Today is the day of the full moon at 6.24 in the morning, when will it switch to the next one? Will that happen when we switch from the 4th to the 5th? Currently we have passed that time, so I thought it would have changes the value afterwards?

1 Like

Could anyone point me in the right direction to setup a rule that takes the length of day and turn on a item to make the light of day last 14 hours every day. I have a wemo switch controlling a light for my chickens and they need 14 hours of light a day to keep producing egg through the winter.

Or simpler
Just turn light on 4 hours before dawn

I would trigger the range civildawn channel from the astro binding, define 240 minutes negative offset, switch the lights on at that trigger time, at the same time start a 14 hours timer (or use the expire binding for that) to turn off the lights.

I only need to supplement light while it’s still dark. Once the sun is up the lights can turn off.

Then define the 240 minute negative offset, turn your lamps on via

Channel 'astro:sun:home:civilDawn#event' triggered START

and turn them off via

Channel 'astro:sun:home:rise#event' triggered START

http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/astro/readme.html

Hello folks!

I successfully got the astro binding working. But one thing is not for my satisfaction.
I want to show the seasons with a appropriate icon. So heres my code:

String Jahreszeit "Jahreszeit [MAP(astro.map):%s]" <season> (Astro) { channel="astro:sun:local:season#name" }

The mapping is working too, but the dynamic icons wont. I´ve got the following files in openHAB-conf\icons\classic

season-winter.svg
season-autumn.svg
season-spring.svg
season-summer.svg

Any ideas whats wrong?

Hi everybody,

this is my first post here :slight_smile:

Did you add in the sitemap icon="season" ?
Text item=Season_Name label="Jahreszeit" icon="season"

While getting it to work, I also created a 5th icon called season.svg since I read in the manual, that a deafult icon is mandatory.

Cheers

Not sure to understand values displayed with Sunset start. My Night start and Night end seems correct, Azimut and Elevation are also correct, but not Sunset start, no… see attached pict.SunriseSunset

1 Like

I don´t have “Start time” at the sunset-value. It´s only one timestamp.

In my case:

Sunrise: 08:30
Sunset: 16:50

Start of civil dusk: 16:50
End of civil dusk: 17:25

Hello @camel, welcome to our community!
Hello @killercorny,

the icon is already given in his item definition. No need to define it again in the sitemap configuration. However the second answer hits the right spot. @killercorny please see: https://docs.openhab.org/configuration/items.html#icons-dynamic

A default icon is mandatory. The default icon filename is the name of the icon without a hyphen or state (e.g. switch.svg)

Why not? Check the times on https://www.suncalc.org/ for your specific location.

sorry this is the sunrise, not sunset, first on my pict showing 16:08, not possible, something wrong with that

I think there is a language misunderstanding?

sunset is when the sun goes down. So 17:09 or 16:08 can be ok.

sunrise is in the morning, when the sun goes up. And on your screenshot there is no line with sunrise, only sunset is shown.

So what is wrong? Can you post the complete screenshot of the astro-values?

Ok, I agree, I’m stupid, I was reading time with seconds… : 2018-01-16 08:10 So my small brain read 16:08:10 Maybe set more space between day and hour!SunriseSunset

16 was the day

In the meantime I allready found it out by myself. Just RTFM :wink:

1 Like