Berlin meetup

Do we have any proposed topics for next Sunday?

Nope. Feel free to propose one. With bigbluebutton there are two ways to show screens to the other participants. One is the classic “Powerpoint” sharing (the best format is pdf) and the other is screen sharing (desktop or browser window).
Reminder: virtual meetup will take place sunday 17.05.

Maybe someone is able to give some Information about the upcomming version 3; I could show my icewarning script, We could discuss the usage of metadata, drink some beer

1 Like

I also would like to join the meetup, hope it will work on my substitute mac due to no availability of a webcam at my main Mac.

I am interested in:

• upcoming version 3,
  • simple backup & restore scripts for complete openhabian installation on my PI,
  • how to bring and increase knowledge of “programming and coding” of OH to beginners and newBees (proposals, running samples)

Thank you much for making this Berlin meetup happen again. :grinning:

virtually ?

No not virtually, Sitting in front of the screen an having a real beer.

So here is my offer: The first 10 participants of the virtual meetup that are sending me their adress until wednesday 13th will get a bottle of locally brewd beer by mail to drink it at the meetup.

If this will work for participants out of germany i have to check, but i will try my best.

Thomas

3 Likes

@Dibbler42 nice offer :grin:: (I’ll pass, I’m not a beer drinker, but appreciated non the less :slight_smile:)

@TomDidi Oh yes, I would also be very interested in news about OH3.

Remember firt 10 adresses in my PM box will get a local beer.

Only one per adress

1 Like

10 bottles of beer on my desk
10 bottles of beer on my desk
One bottle goes to @BrutalBirdie
9 bottles of beer on my desk

Well, if you don’t get enough addresses you will have to drink a bit next Sunday :sweat_smile:

I’ll do my very best Miss Sophie …

2 Likes

One bottle goes to @luckow
8 bottles of beer on my desk

Lets start… :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your participation in our first virtual meeting.

The most important topics were:

• What’s new in openHAB 3
    ** Nobody knew for sure
  • Text- vs. Gui-based configurations
    ** pros and cons
  • how to deploy openHAB
    ** openHABian, Docker, on PI, Synology …
  • Your greatest wish for the next big thing in the smart home

Some links:

5 Likes

I’ll join next time and give you a tour. :wink:

8 Likes

It was fun. :+1:
I am looking forward to the next virtual meeting.

But I suggest a new thread that points out it will be a virtual meeting for everybody and not only a “Berlin meetup”. :wink:

4 Likes

I would like that but I’m to lazy to organize such a meeting. Any volunteers? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sure was fun… Next time I´ll have my mic up running… Got abit ackward writing :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’ve been an enthusiastic user of openHAB for years and have also published bindings with the help of J-N-K. I would think it would be great if there was another Meetup in Berlin. What do you think?
Best, Ronny

3 Likes

Yeah, would be great. I could offer to ask my employer if we can get a meeting room in their location at Berlin-Adlershof if nobody has a better location.

1 Like