Bintray down - Is there a change to another repository?

I’m currently unable to install some addons for OpenHAB because of a (scheduled) outage of bintray right now, to remind their users that bintray will stop working soon. It will last until 2PM Pacific Daylight Time today according to their status page: https://status.bintray.com/

As bintray will stop working as of may 2021 (according to Service End for Bintray, JCenter, GoCenter, and ChartCenter | JFrog), my question is, should the repository be changed to something else?
I looked at the current documentation for OpenHAB 3 and the apt repositories listed there are bintray.

Thanks and best regards!

We are working on alternatives.

1 Like

ok, thanks for the reply. I thought that maye I missed something. I’ll recheck the documentation for updates before may in that case!

If you want to follow the discussion:

2 Likes

is there any solution yet?
i’ve just tried 2.5.12 docker and it’s not working as any binding and anything can be installed at all …

?

It looks like there will be no fix for 2.5.x.

Check this thread Docker 2.5.12 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing if it helps.

thanks, but i’ve migrated my prod OH2x to OH3x ytd night.
Had planned it for some time, this just speeded things up.

:wink:

Did you try to download the kar archive from Download openHAB | openHAB and place them into the addons folder? This should work.