Bintray down - Is there a change to another repository?

I’m currently unable to install some addons for OpenHAB because of a (scheduled) outage of bintray right now, to remind their users that bintray will stop working soon. It will last until 2PM Pacific Daylight Time today according to their status page: https://status.bintray.com/

As bintray will stop working as of may 2021 (according to Service End for Bintray, JCenter, GoCenter, and ChartCenter | JFrog), my question is, should the repository be changed to something else?
I looked at the current documentation for OpenHAB 3 and the apt repositories listed there are bintray.

Thanks and best regards!

We are working on alternatives.

1 Like

ok, thanks for the reply. I thought that maye I missed something. I’ll recheck the documentation for updates before may in that case!

If you want to follow the discussion:

2 Likes

is there any solution yet?
i’ve just tried 2.5.12 docker and it’s not working as any binding and anything can be installed at all …

?

It looks like there will be no fix for 2.5.x.

Check this thread Docker 2.5.12 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing if it helps.

thanks, but i’ve migrated my prod OH2x to OH3x ytd night.
Had planned it for some time, this just speeded things up.

:wink:

Did you try to download the kar archive from Download openHAB | openHAB and place them into the addons folder? This should work.

Tried it. Worked for me. I guess more people will eventually run into this. It seems to be time to move to OH3
Thanks for the help.

Same for me. I’m just switching my legacy binings, and wait until 3.1 is released.