Bluetooth Binding not supporting RuuviTags (OpenHabian 2.4.1)

David, is this the normal way that changes are managed in the OpenHab community? It seems a major and irreversible change has been introduced without any possibility of testing or rollback?

No that’s not normal. But a buildsystem change itself is not normal and usually only happens if inevitable. Please bear with the maintainers that not everything could be tested. The migration took already 2 month and the 2.5 release is still delayed.

Please help if you can.

I’ve had a look through the code, although it’s been a good few years since I’ve worked on Java. It seems to be a combination or poor error handling and the Native libraries, libtinyb.so and libjavatinyb.so, not installing. If you could tell me where the libraries are supposed to be, I’ll try manually putting them in place and re-testing.

Hm. As far as I know native libraries do not work yet with the new buildsystem, at least we have problems in Allplay and other bundles. @J-N-K, that’s still correct isn’t it?

Please.

Hi did you have a look at this

Natlive libraries are included but not properly referenced in the bundle manifest. Please open an issue for this. My plan is to get rid of all wrapped libraries in the first place and then remove all embedded libraries, this will also help with the native code.

No because I specially needed support for RuuviTags which has turned into a complete nightmare.

I assume this request (for a issue to be opened) was not directed at me but rather the guy that broke it all?

Who ever discovers a bug should enter an issue.

Bluetooth BlueZ Binding fails as Native Libraries not deployed #5680 submitted.

3 Likes

Hi the problem loading the Tinyb libraries has now been resolved and RuuviTag support is there now. However, of the three tags I have only one is being recognised as a RuuviTag, the other two are only showing as generic Bluetooth devices.

F7:9C:78:D0:51:61 not recognised
EA:2D:46:F5:83:8E not recognised
CD:21:B7:E1:6E:DF recognised

Hi @communig8, good testing there.

The devices are detected using using manufacturer ID as reported by the devices.

Let’s try to troubleshoot what is going on:

1. please output bundle:list -s |grep bluetooth output from the karaf console, specify openHAB version
  2. can you please enable verbose logging to whole org.openhab.binding.bluetooth?
  3. check the properties of the thing, and share them here (we should see the manufacturer ID)
  4. see if the official python library is able to discover the devices properly, python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/ruuvitag_sensor -f (installation guide: https://github.com/ttu/ruuvitag-sensor)
  5. use e.g. core beacons iOS app to find out Manufacturer ID of the devices (expecting 0x0499 (hex) or 1177 as decimal)

bundle:list -s |grep bluetooth
239 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906131930 │ org.openhab.binding.bluetooth
240 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906131930 │ org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.bluegiga
241 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906201458 │ org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.bluez
242 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906131930 │ org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.blukii
243 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.201906131930 │ org.openhab.binding.bluetooth.ruuvitag
244 │ Active │ 80 │ 1.3.3 │ org.sputnikdev.bluetooth-manager-tinyb

openHAB 2.5.0~S1611-1 (Build #1611)

Recognised Tag Things shows vendor Ruuvi Innovations Ltd (Oy)
Unrecognised Tags show no vendor information

pip install ruuvitag_sensor
worked ok but “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/ruuvitag_sensor” is a directory not an executable.

What logging level do you mean by “verbose”? (TRACE, DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR)

Thanks

All right, so everything is bleeding edge.

This is interesting indeed. Logs should tell something hopefully.

Do all the sensors have the same firmware version? or any other difference? Are they in “raw” mode?

Thanks, did you notice the python3 before the folder:

python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/ruuvitag_sensor -f

Let’s try with TRACE to be sure we do not miss anything.

It had to be to get Bluetooth working with TinyB.

All 3 bought as a 3-pack so all the same Firmware and raw.

Obviously not :frowning:

python3 /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/ruuvitag_sensor -f
Finding RuuviTags. Stop with Ctrl+C.
Start receiving broadcasts (device hci0)
End Of File (EOF). Exception style platform.
Stop receiving broadcasts

I’ll do that and post the results

Just to make certain I get a clean start for the logging, I rebooted all three tags.
I’m now getting them recognised as RuuviTags.

1 Like

Once last thing :slight_smile:

2019-06-22 14:50:52.959 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - bluetooth_ruuvitag_beacon_hci0_cd21b7e16edf_accelerationx changed from -0.028 gₙ to -0.021 gₙ

2019-06-22 14:50:52.971 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - bluetooth_ruuvitag_beacon_hci0_cd21b7e16edf_accelerationy changed from -0.054 gₙ to -0.051 gₙ

2019-06-22 14:50:52.983 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - bluetooth_ruuvitag_beacon_hci0_cd21b7e16edf_accelerationz changed from 1.065 gₙ to 1.063 gₙ

Notice the odd character after the “g” on the accelerometer values.

I think it is subscript zero? So everything good now?

But there is still the problems with the accelerometer values. They don’t just appear like that in log.