BTicino/Legrand Home automation general discussions: openwebnet protocol

not possible from what i know

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

Another question: after moving the switches with ID to “Advanced” configuration and configuring them to “Toggle”, their behavior is a bit different than before and also different from the older switches without ID with “Virtual” configuration. The older switches still switch the device ON with the upper part of the button and OFF with the lower part. The newer switches now toggle ON/OFF regardless of whether the upper or lower part of the button is pressed.

I tried “Toggle”, “ON/OFF and dimming” and “PUL”. “PUL” shows the same behavior as “Toggle”, while “ON/OFF and dimming” gives me that firmware warning again but then also shows the same behavior.

Is it possible to configure the newer switches with “Advanced” configuration to the same behavior as the older ones?

i have all h4652/2 switches configured as “on/off and dimming”, no matter if they controll a dimmer or only an actor that just can switch lights on and off. so always i switch ON on top and OFF with press on bottom.

but i dont know about “oder” switches. my installation is about seven years old and i never had a firmware warning.

And if you press ON on top and then press on top again, will the light stay on or will it go off? In my system it goes off, also if I configure it as „ON/OFF and dimming“.

OK, found the solution already. I need to use “ON/OFF and only point to point dimming” as modality,with this I can configure the switch without warning and it then behaves as the older ones, with the upper button only acting as ON and the lower button only as OFF.

From the naming it seems that the “ON/OFF and dimming” could support other addressing types with more than one device, but it seems that is not supported by my revision of the switches. Which in turn leads to the warning and the switch staying with the previous configuration, thus not changing its behavior.

I have now documented all the steps that were necessary and pitfalls that needed to be overcome to get our BTicino system in the My Home Suite for software configuration. Maybe this will help others facing the same task. Any comments or corrections are appreciated! :slight_smile:

And another question popped up: when trying to open the functions help in the My Home Suite, it tries to download the help files from http://myhomesupdate.bticino.com/MYHOME_Suite/EN_MHS_function_0305.zip, but that leads to an error saying the file is not available.

Does anyone by chance have the help files for the My Home Suite already downloaded?

1 Like

@the-ninth

I copied your link to the top of this thread. It can be found under the useful links section

M

1 Like

I am back again with more questions. :grinning:

I’d now like to add a server/gateway to our system and as far as I understand, the current model here is the MyHOMEServer1, which has replaced the F454.

Reading the data sheet of the MyHOMEServer1, it has a list of devices that the server can be “directly associated via MyHOME Server”. Unfortunately most of our F411 actuators predate the production batch that is stated there as earliest supported (09W13 for F411/1N and 09W04 for the F411/2).

But I am not sure what it means exactly if they cannot be “directly associated”. Does that many that all the functionality like app or voice assistant integration will not be available for those devices? Or is it just more troublesome to set it up? And would those devices at least be available to OpenHAB?

Also interesting would be if it would help to try to get the F454 instead of the MyHOMEServer1? Or does it have the same limitations? The F454 data sheet does not yet has this table of supported devices.

Would be great if anyone who is also using such older F411 actuators with the F454 or MyHOMEServer1 could provide some insights on this.

Here is where I could find the production batch on my devices:

stick with F454 don’t look further. anything more you invest in this system you will regret it later. they are moving away from SCS as fast as possible. It was a good promise that never delivered the income they hoped for.

Hi Myhome users - I’ve just installed an F418U2 Dimmer and it works fine with Openhab. On the otherhand I can’t get a physcial H4652/2 switch to act properly. I’ve used myhome suite and tried all the dimmer choices - Toggle Dimmer, On Off Dimmer, and On Off and only Point to Point Dimming. It will turn on and off but either keeping a previous level or just dimming to zero or to full with no in between? Can someone tell me what I need to do! Thanks. My last resort would be to use CENplus and code it in Openhab but that surely is not necessary.

I don’t have the F454, and it seems the few shops that still have it in stock sell it for at least the price of the current MyHOMEServer1. So it is really more a question of whether there is a difference in functionality than price/invest.

I had to see for myself to find out, but after buying and trying the MyHOMEServer1 I have to agree that the F454 would be a better choice for an older system like ours.

As feared, the MyHOMEServer1 is not able to detect most of my actuators since they are too old. So control via app or voice assistant of most of our devices won’t work, the only thing I get from the MyHOMEServer1 is the gateway functionality for the My Home Suite and potentially OpenHAB.

With the F454 I would at least have the web interface for all my devices. Another small advantage of the F454 would be that it can be accessed and configured via the My Home Suite and therefore the same program as now the rest of my system. For MyHOMEServer1 I need the app to configure it.

So, does anyone wants to trade a brand new MyHOMEServer1 for an F454? :grinning:

i told you so. SCS is dead the parts are getting less and less they are into this netatmo stuff it’s easier for the installers and also allows in their eyes to go full cloud and subscription revenue later for remote access bells and whistles.
Now if you update it’s gone some of them still had the myhomeup but i know this year they changed

Yes, understand. But currently we are quite content with our SCS system and hope to be able to keep it alive for some time. Already put some components in our private stock in case something breaks and is not available from BTicino anymore.

Anyway, I’d already have another question for the experts here. :slight_smile:

Got a used MH202 to replace our broken F420 and am now trying to link it up with our different controls. So far I could get it to work with the HC/HS/HD4680 scenario control and also with the L4652/2 models with and without ID.

Ironically I cannot get it to work with the L4651/2, the controls we previously used for scenarios with the F420. Those are older models without ID and not the L4651M2. Still, according to the manual it should work, at least if a specific “key cover” is used then CEN should be available for M and enable linking it to the scenario programmer:

However, in the My Home Suite, I do not get the CEN option for M:

Screenshot - 18_12_2022 , 06_35_48

Does anyone know what is the background of this and why the CEN option is not available for our controls?

Good morning!

I am back with another question regarding scenarios. I am now trying to link up our 4684 touch screen with the MH202 scenario programmer. I am able to do that using the SCENARIO PLUS command on the touch screen, however that offers more controls than I need (ON/+/-/OFF). I’d prefer to use the SCENARIO command, which only has the ON control:

However, I am not able to setup the scenario in the MH202 to catch the SCENARIO command. While under Scenarios, the MH202 offers the same options as the touch screen, only the SCENARIO PLUS can be choosen as start condition:

So I don’t know now how I can catch the SCENARIO command triggered by the touch screen in the MH202. What I have also tried is to see if the touch screen sends out a CEN command, but that does not seem to be the case. At least when I setup the scenario in the MH202 to listen to CEN commands, it works with our 4680 scenario control, but not with the touch screen sending the SCENARIO command.

So, my question is: does anyone have an idea how I can trigger a scenario in the MH202 using the SCENARIO command of the 4684 touch screen? :grinning:

Have you tried some of the other cen triggers? It has been a while since i set my screen10 up but it does trigger mh202 cenarios. I think I ended up doubling up on the triggers to get everyting to work seamlessly. MH202, openHAB, Screen10

Eg cen vs cen plus, long vs short press

Hi Mark

Thanks for your response!

What do you mean exactly by “doubling up”?

I have tried all the four CEN triggers (start, short, long, release after long), none of them works. I also tried the Remote Control trigger, does not work either. CEN PLUS uses a different addressing model, instead of A/PL there is a CEN PLUS address, but I don’t see anything like that in the touch screen configuration, so I don’t think the touch screen uses CEN PLUS.

Is there any way I can “sniff” the command sent out by the touch screen to better understand what is happening?

And so far I have always been using the “private riser” level, could it make any difference to switch to “local bus”?

Go to the top of this thread. There you will find a link to the openwebnet client. With that you can use it to see what commands are being sent on the bus and you can send your own.

1 Like

i use the 4893 multimedia touch in living room and 4890 touchscreens in each other room. they are both able to use cen and cen+ BUT for cen they only can send “start_press” and for cen+ only “start_of_extended_press”.

this limit may make it necessary to set mulitple cen commands for the same trigger (eg on a physical switch you want to start a cen with “extended_press” but to start the same scenario from touchscreen you will have to setup another cen command that triggers on “start_press”

1 Like

Thanks, the clients works and I can see the messages.

Or, in case of my problem cannot see them. It seems my touch screen is not sending out any message at all when using the SCENARIO command.

If I setup the SCENARIO PLUS command in the touch screen, I can see a CEN+ message on the bus (2511#011##). If I push a button on the 4680 scenario control I can see a CEN message on the bus (150199##). But if I use the SCENARIO command in the touch screen, there is no message at all on the bus.

What could be wrong with my touch screen configuration for the touch screen to not send out anything at all?

Yes, I can see now that when using the SCENARIO PLUS command on the touch screen, it sends out a CEN+ message. I initially thought that the SCENARIO PLUS is something different again, because there is also a separate trigger called for that in the MH202, independent of the CEN+ trigger. Also the SCENARIO PLUS command in the touch screen has these additional controls, which are available in the MH202 as well.

Anyway, the SCENARIO PLUS is working and I can also use it to trigger the MH202, but I would like to use the simpler SCENARIO control because I only need the ON command, not the four ON/+/-/OFF commands.

I found this interesting document explaining the CEN/CEN+ frames, however it does not really help me because I don’t get any message at all from the touch screen.