[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

yes I remember this case, but this is the only case I have seen and I cannot think of a solution. What discovery does is just ask status about all lights/shutters using the documented OWN request. If this causes misbehaviour of gateway and its scenarios, it’s a BTicino problem. What you could test is send the same discovery/status request messages via official BTicino client and see if the gw does the same.

Maybe MH202 sends some periodic event msg, before the 2min deadline while screen10 does not. You can see it from logs

oops… I forgot that. Works now.

ps maybe I should read the readme once more :slight_smile:

Hi Massi, I’ve been using your openwebnet binding already a couple of years now without any big issues up till now. So i’m a big fan! Keep up the good work!
Although now, I just did my 6 monthly maintenance of my openhab installation, and after using the tool to upgrade openhab (to the last stable version) it doesn’t work anymore and my logs say:
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2020-09-21 14:25:32.483 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openwebnet:bus_gateway:mybridge’ changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to UNKNOWN

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2020-09-21 14:25:32.484 [ERROR] [org.openwebnet.AbstractOpenGateway ] - ERROR IN Java $MODULE$: connection cannot be established

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2020-09-21 14:25:32.489 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘openwebnet:bus_gateway:mybridge’ has been updated.

2020-09-21 14:25:52.490 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openwebnet:bus_gateway:mybridge’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

any idea what could be the problem? Google and hours of reading didn’t solve it yet :frowning:

What jar file version do you use? Version 2.5.0.M4 was expired.

I put the latest one indeed, the M4 is what i found?

Hi Peter,
after every system upgrade I need to resolve missing dependencies.

On karaf console enable the dependencies with this command:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial
feature:install openhab-core-io-transport-upnp

This will solve your issue.

By Giovanni

1 Like

It happened again… PM sent

New release of the “unofficial” binding:
openwebnet binding Version 2.5.0 (unofficial)

NOTE
This is the last release for the “unofficial” (beta/testing) version of the openwebnet binding.
Main development, new features and issues/bugs fixing will continue on the official OH version of the binding.

Changes

• [FIX #105] update expire to Jan 2021
  • Now using openwebnet-lib-0.9.23

Installation and Upgrade

This binding version is compatible with openHAB 2.5.x.

To install/upgrade to the new version of the binding, CAREFULLY follow the instructions in the README.

JAR File: https://github.com/mvalla/openhab-addons/releases/download/own-2.5.0/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.jar

thx! was one of the issue but also the expiry was an issue. I just found out there is an official binding in the meanwhile :slight_smile:
Installed that one and works perfectly!

Since sunday there is also a new release of the official binding:
openwebnet binding Version 2.5.9 (official version)

Documentation

See: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/openwebnet/

If you install this version, dependencies are automatically handled.

Do not install both testing and official version of the binding on the same OH installation or it will be a mess!
It’s possibile however to have two OH installations, one using binding v2.5.0 and one with v.2.5.9.

1 Like

@massi: Should I open an issue for the “disconnect problem”? According to your post you wrote that you will open it yourself. I just searched for it, can’t find it.

Where did you search?
New issues should be added to the e main addons OH repo, like this:

1 Like

oh sorry, I searched here:
https://github.com/mvalla/openhab-addons/issues
thx again for your work!

this is the place for issues for the v2.5.0 (testing) binding. However since development is now only on the new official binding, I will see how to move some of these issues to the official OH repo.

1 Like

Updated to 2.5.9 binding. New Automation Things found. Test blind functions. Auto cal seemed to work but was a bit off and so I entered my own value

One thing I noticed my test dimmer was found again but this time as a switch even though its been already set up in openHAB. So, I guess to prevent that all dimmers, even set up ones, must be On before running the discovery. Thats a bit of a pain. Could the discovery exclude devices with the same BUS address?

good point! feel free to open an issue in the official OH repo

@massi
just a report as information (i use a separate raspberry, with no other openwebnet-binding installed):

• i uninstalled openwebnet-binding 2.5.8 in paperui, deleted inbox, removed all *.things and *.items files and rebooted
  • installed uninstalled openwebnet-binding 2.5.9 in paperui and then automatically had mh4893 (touch), mh200n and f454 in inbox.
  • added the f454 and saw the inbox filling with 86 Things: automation, dimmers and switches
    strange: although i did not setup the passwort at this time, and i have not the standard-pw, f454 is online
    and: the mh200n disappeared from the inbox
  • then deleted the f454 thing, deleted the inbox and did a new scan, again mh4893, f454 and mh200n was found
  • now added mh200n and again the inbox filled, now with 69 things, clicked “rescan” and then had 72 things in inbox
    strange: no automation things found, only dimmers and switches in inbox
    and: same here, is online without setting password, pw is not standard (setup the correct pw did not find more things)
  • then deleted the mh200n thing, deleted the inbox and did a new scan, again mh4893, f454 and mh200n was found
  • now added mh4893 (multimedia-touch) and this thing remained offline - configuration error
  • then i setup the correct pw and immediately it was online!
  • then did a scan and got again 86 things in inbox, automation, dimmers and switches

please let me know if i can do further tests

Just in case someone wants to know how I upgraded the official openwebnet binding from openhabian…
From console:

>sudo openhabian-config
Select option 2 Upgrade system

That’s it. PaperUI addons should now show the latest binding version as installed

This also deletes the cache and tmp files as part of process.

1 Like

Hi @massi

I configed new official OWN binding from UI with USB stick.

zb_on_off_switch - was where=“7705110”. New right value - “770511000#9”.

zb_on_off_switch2u - was where=“7696059”. New right value - “769605900#9”.

zb_automation - was where=“7706771”. New right value - “770677100#9”. But it have the previous problem - does not read position from Zigbee protocol after stop(I mate the issue for previous binding).

One problem remained. after changing the device, its value changes to null. But the light turns on.

2020-09-22 23:03:12.535 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Switch_zal_center' received command ON
2020-09-22 23:03:12.556 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Switch_zal_center predicted to become NULL