[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

good point! feel free to open an issue in the official OH repo

@massi
just a report as information (i use a separate raspberry, with no other openwebnet-binding installed):

• i uninstalled openwebnet-binding 2.5.8 in paperui, deleted inbox, removed all *.things and *.items files and rebooted
  • installed uninstalled openwebnet-binding 2.5.9 in paperui and then automatically had mh4893 (touch), mh200n and f454 in inbox.
  • added the f454 and saw the inbox filling with 86 Things: automation, dimmers and switches
    strange: although i did not setup the passwort at this time, and i have not the standard-pw, f454 is online
    and: the mh200n disappeared from the inbox
  • then deleted the f454 thing, deleted the inbox and did a new scan, again mh4893, f454 and mh200n was found
  • now added mh200n and again the inbox filled, now with 69 things, clicked “rescan” and then had 72 things in inbox
    strange: no automation things found, only dimmers and switches in inbox
    and: same here, is online without setting password, pw is not standard (setup the correct pw did not find more things)
  • then deleted the mh200n thing, deleted the inbox and did a new scan, again mh4893, f454 and mh200n was found
  • now added mh4893 (multimedia-touch) and this thing remained offline - configuration error
  • then i setup the correct pw and immediately it was online!
  • then did a scan and got again 86 things in inbox, automation, dimmers and switches

please let me know if i can do further tests

Just in case someone wants to know how I upgraded the official openwebnet binding from openhabian…
From console:

>sudo openhabian-config
Select option 2 Upgrade system

That’s it. PaperUI addons should now show the latest binding version as installed

This also deletes the cache and tmp files as part of process.

1 Like

Hi @massi

I configed new official OWN binding from UI with USB stick.

zb_on_off_switch - was where=“7705110”. New right value - “770511000#9”.

zb_on_off_switch2u - was where=“7696059”. New right value - “769605900#9”.

zb_automation - was where=“7706771”. New right value - “770677100#9”. But it have the previous problem - does not read position from Zigbee protocol after stop(I mate the issue for previous binding).

One problem remained. after changing the device, its value changes to null. But the light turns on.

2020-09-22 23:03:12.535 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Switch_zal_center' received command ON
2020-09-22 23:03:12.556 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Switch_zal_center predicted to become NULL

Thanks for continuing the development. So I updated from 2.5.0.M4 to Openhab 2.5.9 and used that opportunity to test your latest 2.5.9 binding. Unfortunately it does not connect at all for me to MH202, all items were Offline due to “Bridge offline” and logs did not show anything helpful, it just was not able to communicate.
Then I read that the new binding supports only WHO=1 and so I did not even try to fix it. I spent like 3 weeks tweeking automation of temperature control, where I use your binding and rules to read temperature and decide whether to perform cooling or not. I then use another Broadlink IR remote binding to send commands to AC in my room to turn ON/OFF when necessary thus having both AC and heating control through my Bticino (without your binding only heating would work as there is no way to connect any AC to Bticino in my country)
I also use lot of rules with scenario virtual buttons which. When I press a button on my 10screen, it calls a “scenario X” which does nothing. But I have a listener set up in rules thanks to your binding and this calls a custom script. This enabled me to open gates and garage doors straight from my tablet.
– TL;DR @massi
My point being: Since the 2.5.0 works PERFECTLY for my case and it has tons of features which are not supported by the official new reworked version, would you please show us pity and not make that terrible deadline after which the binding expires? Light and automation control are really like 20% of the stuff I use your binding for. I spent days and hours making a working temperature control and extended tablet control which is not possible with the new one so far. Please consider users like me I will not ask for support with old version. I will not bug you that something does not work. I just want to be able to use the binding and openhab AS IS after Jan 2021. I really dont need the latest features. I need something that works.

3 Likes

Hi
I have a problem with v2.50 M4(beta).
I have configured four thermostats but every time I change the target temperature, after a while, the central station 3550 reset these parameters with his settings.
Why? Anyone else with this problem?
Thanks

long time ago that i tried that, so not sure but i know there was a bug in the heating, i think it was with the maual mode and adjust target temp.
but because this binding will expire soon and replaced by a new one this bug will not be eliminated so i think you have to wait for the new openwebnet binding.

I think thermostats are in read-only mode… I have to read the binding definition

I have hacked 2.5.0 latest binding in bytecode to expire in 2050. I hope that when the year comes, I wont be hacking bytecode again for it to live “just a little bit longer”. I really admire what you do @massi , but I spent too much effort on setting up temperature control and advanced scenarios to see it go to waste. Some features in my house depend on openhab, e.g. elevator unlocking and garage opening.
Out of respect I will not publicly post the hacked jar here, but if anybody needs it, bookmark this post and on January 14th 2021 at 15:00, come to me, I will save your ruined day.

5 Likes

Did you have a link or a procedure? Thanks, I update all but in case off… :wink:

I do not want to spam this thread with details, but the said check is in org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.jar/openwebnet-lib-0.9.23.jar/org/openwebnet/AbstractOpenGateway.java , method protected final boolean a() and there is a check for date > 2021-01-14 15:00:00 GMT. I used JByteMod to do the deed.

@Massi I sadly have to agree with @michnovka - I am happy to test the binding but I have too many CEN+ commands in my setup with associated rules. If you can add in this functionality then I can help with the testing. Otherwise I think we are going to end up all using different bindings.

@michnovka it would be nice if you could publish the unexpirable binding before january please!!

Thanks

I was asked in the past by @massi to not publish modified/decompiled versions of hid binding, and I will respect that. Send me a PM and I will send you the file. I still believe @massi will eventually provide the same legacy binary without expiration, so I dont want to go behind his back. I just made an insurance for me.
The CEN+ commands are essential for me to handle lot of automation tasks from the Bticino tablet, so without them being ported, I cannot even consider updating.
Still looking forward to OpenHAB 3.0

1 Like

I think so.
Maybe I have a partial solution. If I create a rule that every time the “targetTemperature” change without his relative item, the system set the parameter with the old value.

mmmm, It’s a partial solution really…my thermostats central is scheduled every 15 minutes and I think the thermostats sends the value every time: in this case your rule runs every 15 minutes ?!?

Why does the binding even need to expire? As long as its clear on the web page that it is a unspupported old version then if people choose to use it then it should be their decision.

For me I will still use old version until the new is as good as it with the same or more supported features. Luckily for me i have a spare RaspberryPi and use that for testing the new version but I will still run my old version in parallel.

Exacly, I dont’ like it very much but it’s the only option…
P.S. My thermostats central is scheduled every 5 minutes :frowning:

Install OpenHab 2.5.10 with official OWN binding with Legrand USB stick.

Problem still exists. I turn on the light, and the current status remains NULL, although the light turns on.

Thing file line:

zb_on_off_switch2u   myzigbeeswitch_zal "Зал"@"Зал" [ where="769636100#9" ]

Log:

2020-10-29 10:24:23.925 [DEBUG] [ebnet.handler.OpenWebNetThingHandler] - handleCommand() (command=ON - channel=openwebnet:zb_on_off_switch2u:myZBgateway:myzigbeeswitch_zal:switch_02)
2020-10-29 10:24:23.928 [DEBUG] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - handleSwitchCommand() (command=ON - channel=openwebnet:zb_on_off_switch2u:myZBgateway:myzigbeeswitch_zal:switch_02)
==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2020-10-29 10:24:23.879 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Switch_zal_center' received command ON
2020-10-29 10:24:23.903 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Switch_zal_center predicted to become NULL
==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2020-10-29 10:24:28.343 [DEBUG] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ownId=1.769636102#9
2020-10-29 10:24:28.346 [DEBUG] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ownId=1.769636102#9 has NO DEVICE associated, ignoring it

I change where from “769636100#9” to “769636102#9”. Second button become work fine. But when I switch first button, I see the error:

2020-10-29 10:32:07.047 [DEBUG] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ownId=1.769636101#9
2020-10-29 10:32:07.049 [DEBUG] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ownId=1.769636101#9 has NO DEVICE associated, ignoring it

I cannot configure both buttons of zb_on_off_switch2u at the same time.

@Luca95 could you possibly elaborate how you connected the HC4451 to the gateway?
As far as I see there are no connection possibilities. image