[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

I agree Stefan - the CEN+ functionality really requires rules for it to be useful. I think having it as a Switch would be too restrictive. The best would be to have single commands that can be attributed to the various button presses.

Massi I don’t understand what you mean by having “no_action”. According to the Openwebnet documentation these are the types of press:

Virtual short pressure (<0.5sec) *25*21
Virtual start of extended pressure (>=0.5sec) *25*22
Virtual extended pressure *25*23
Virtual release after extended pressure *25*24

In practice this means either a short or a long press
If you want to do some dimming or volume changing then picking up the Virtual extended pressure frame would be useful.
I’m not sure of a used case for the Virtual release after exended pressure?

I’m still new to Openhab 2 but I guess we are talking about channels for each of these frames?

I’m new to openhab also, so sorry if i’m wrong but do Cen and Cen+ have a state?
I sure that Bticino commands don’t reflect the stat of a CEN (light on the button does not stay on when a CEN is activated on my installation.

CEN+ just sends a frame so you need to capture that - you can’t query the state, there may be a way to store it somewhere in the bus but I’m not aware of one. That’s why you really need to use rules where you can store the state if needed.

ok i understand how you could capture the on state of a CEN but how do you capture the off state? there isn’t really one.
For example i have a Cook CEN in the kitchen/Open dining Room, i can push the button to activate this Cen, but i also have a Dinner button at the same place wich activates another CEN turns on an off some of the same lights as the Cook CEN, wich means that every CEN should turn off the stored state of some other particular CENs? Not easy to configure…
Or am I wrong

sorry folks, but is better to use another thread, and leave this as a general thread on the binding new versions and malfunctions:

massi

@Alberto_C how did you create this item you show in the picture?
I confirm correct tags are added if items are added automatically using PaperUI (Configuration > System > Item Linking > Simple mode > SAVE), so they are ready to go to be used by Google Home/Alexa.

Otherwise if you create items manually (via PaperUI or via .items file), then YES you have to add tags after creation.

Bye
Massi

Items have been added via PaperUI, but I did not have the simple mode active.
Thanks for the explanation.

Another question: X8000 thermostat is supported?

No, this device is using a different integration protocol and is not supported by the binding at the moment.

Massi

Continuing the discussion from [BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing:

Hello,
congratulations to all !!!
I have problems handling shutter with HomeKit while directly with Openhab they work well.
OpenHab 2.4.0.Mx
Openwebnet 2.4.0.b7
HomeKit 2.4.0
MH202

Configuration
OpenHab OK
Scan (no .items) protocoll OpenWeb OK , Control OK, Light OK, Dimmer OK, Shutter OK

I can not see the rolladen devices on the iPhone app
What am I doing wrong ?
I tried with .items but I do not have the shutter devices on app, light and dimmer OK

Thank you

:things
Bridge openwebnet:bus_gateway:mybridge [ host=“192.168.1.40”, passwd=“12345” ] {
bus_automation myshutter “Living room Shutter” [ where=“91”, shutterRun=“12000” ]
}
:items
Rollershutter LR_Bus_Shutter “Shutter [%.0f %%]” (FF_Salon) [ “Blinds” ] {channel=“openwebnet:bus_automation:mybridge:myshutter:shutter” }
Rollershutter VR1_FF_Salon “VR1 Salon” (GF_Kitchen, Shutters) [ “Blinds” ]{channel=“openwebnet:bus_automation:a477e11b:91” }

not shure but perhaps try this edits:

:items
Rollershutter LR_Bus_Shutter “Shutter [%.0f %%]” (FF_Salon) {channel=“openwebnet:bus_automation:mybridge:myshutter:shutter” }
Rollershutter VR1_FF_Salon “VR1 Salon” (GF_Kitchen, Shutters) <Blinds>{channel=“openwebnet:bus_automation:a477e11b:91” }
  • i know “Ting” is not in example, i think it will work without but more correct to put it in
  • items icon “blinds” has to be in “<…>” and not in “[”…"]"

If by “iPhone app” you mean Apple HomeKit and Siri, then I am not sure that rollershutters are supported yet by the OH2 HomeKit addon; at least from this documentation it looks like there is no tagging support for shutters in HomeKit addon:

Massi

Hello,
I also doubt.
I do not know if the documentation is updated to the latest beta version
I would like to have a definitive confirmation.

Hello,
thanks for the suggestion, tonight I try

Surely online docs are iupdated to the latest official version, 2.3.0.
I see you are on 2.4.0.Mx,so probably they are adding more in the Milestone version.

Since it’s not strictly related to the OWN binding but rather to HomeKit support, i invite you to continue the conversation in other threads to keep this thread for issues related to the binding itself.

Massi

Hello,
how can I create .items to send a frame command directly?
es.

*6 * 10 * 4000 ##

(open the lock of the canceletto)

*# 1 * 74 * # 2 * 0 * 4 * 0 ##

(time command)

Thank you

Hi Michele,
Fot command the door lock, use the binding 1.12 or 1.13 snapshot present in openhab 2 interfaces.

• Configure the bticino.cfg folder
  • Add this line on item folder
  • Example
    Switch Portail_1 “Serrure Portail” (Video) {bticino=“if=default;who=6;what=10;where=4000”}

Read these docs :

Actually Bticino openhab2 binding does not support video door entry system (VDES)
Arnaud

Hello,
Massimo, you’re doing a great job.

An implementation proposal

It could be useful to use conversion function:

input : openwebnet frame (Sensor, Lights, CEN, CEN +, etc …)
output : command or comands frame.

The same function has no input and output a frame command (Lights, Push, CEN etc …

What do you think ?

Good evening

Hi Massimo,

I’m running tests.
I noticed that when you create items a Light the “Lighting” Tags are inserted while in the shutters the “” Tags is null.
My doubt, this is not why the shutters are not seen in the Homekit?
Thank you

Hi Massimo,

Update:
In the official version of HomeKit it is not managed

It works in the modified version 2.3.0, it is managed as “Blinds” tags
https://community.openhab.org/t/homekit-support-for-additional-accessory-types/19344/71
https://github.com/epike/openhab2-addons/releases

Truly a pity that it is not managed, I wonder why