[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

With OH 2.5.0 there are too many changes in progress, it is better to wait

Hello,
For information, I contacted legrand’s professional relations department to inform them of the MyHome server1 problem.
They asked me to send them the screenshot with the error.
I hope the mistake will be corrected soon.
Regards
Arnaud

So i have done a new installation :slight_smile: and a stay at stable openhabian 2.4 :slight_smile:

excellent

Maybe you can tune the logging of the binding a bit?
In Discovery of unsupported devices filling up log @gozilla01 had some issues with this.
Bindings that are already part of openHAB follow these logging guidelines.

Perhaps, are you referring to this other discussion?

Yes that’s why I linked to it in my second line :slight_smile:

Sorry, you’re right

Hallo,
Here you are the new OpenWebNet binding release: 2.5.0-M2 which also includes the enhancements released in January (2.5.0-M1) (I did not advertise it to all).
The binding now follows the openHAB milestone release scheme and is attached to the openHAB 2.5.0 dev branch.

Improvements

This releases brings gateway automatic discovery and some bug-fixes:

• [FIX #28] automatic discovery of BUS gateways is now supported
    • gateway model, firmwareVersion and serialNumber are read from UPnP discovery
  • [FIX #29] Fixed (again) Automation command translation (1000#)
  • [FIX #39] Energy Meter subscription (every 10min)
  • [FIX] corrected deviceWhere address management for ZigBee devices and discovery of ON_OFF_SWITCH_2UNITS
  • [FIX #54] CEN scenarios are now detected when activated from Touchscreens (added PRESSURE>RELEASE schedule)
  • [FIX #56] Thermostat Cannot set setpoint temperature (now WHERE=N is first used, then WHERE=#N if it fails)
  • [FIX #59] added discoverByActivation parameter (optional) to BUS gateway
  • [FIX #4] added support for BTicino movement sensors (like AM5658 Green Switch)
  • added Switchable tag to shutter channel
  • updated to openHAB 2.5.0 dev branch

I also added a new FAQ section to the README.

This is a demo of the gateway automatic discovery:

bridge_discovery480

IMPORTANT
If you have multiple gateways in your BUS systems that support UPnP discovery, they will all be discovered and put in Inbox, but only one gateway at a time should be selected/configured and used with openHAB to avoid duplicate items and confusion in things/item configuration.

Installation and Upgrade

This binding version is compatible with openHAB 2.3 and later.
To install/upgrade to the new version of the binding, as always CAREFULLY follow the instructions in the README.

JAR File: https://github.com/mvalla/openhab2-addons/releases/download/own-2.5.0.M2/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0-M2.jar

Ciao!
MASSI

Massimo, thank you

thank you massimo!

sorry that i am not able to test all the new features because i don´t have zigbee and energy meter. but two questions i´d like to ask:

normally i don´t use autodiscover, i prefer manually managing my things, but now i startet it for testing purposes. the multimedia-touchscreen and the mh200n are being found automatically. but i see an entry in the inbox that i cannot understand:

GENERIC Device (WHO=AUX, WHERE=0)

can you tell me what this could be?

and i don´t understand what is meant with “added Switchable tag to shutter channel” - could you please shortly explain, thanks

Thanks Massimo,

I wondered why zyou had gone quiet. Now I know. Install went fine.

Didn’t need to do the bundle uninstall form console. Removing the jar was sufficient.

Two new gateways now show in my inBox after the install.

Ciao M

Hi @m4rk if you have already configured your gateway using .things file, just ignore the discovered gateways. In later versions i will need to hide them if you have already a configured gateway via .things (I will recognize them by MAC address )

Good! I need these confirmations to ensure that all gateways are found correctly!

This is an AUX device. Discovery is implemented for AUX, but handling of these devices is not yet included in the binding; it will probably be added in next release (M3).

This is about integrating rollershutter with Google Home/Alexa. Situation is still incomplete in these add-ons : is not a problem of the binding but of the assistants integrations. Since some of the found (temporary) solutions need rollershutter items to be tagged Switchable, so I added it to the already existing Blids tag

bye
M

Hi,

i have updated the system from org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.4.0-b9-2 to org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0-M2 and my gate (MH202 goes online that my devices stays at UNINITIALIZED - BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED -> Bridge is online
bg Patrick

very strange,
have you tried doing a Reboot?
are the gateway parameters correct?
What does the log say?

Edit:
Version OH?

is soved.
havent seen that i have to set the bridge per thing :sleepy:

Find my error

Maybe this is because in last binding version Things definition and links to bridge have changed a bit.
(That’s is why I suggest in the instructions to create things again - this is not needed for things defined in .things file)
But good that it worked to you by setting again the bridge in things properties. I will add this hint in the binding README.

Bye
Massi

so my system is up to the new version. The rest works perfect in my system (Light/Shutter)