[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

WHO=0 is not supported by the binding at the moment.

If you have configured a CEN/CEN+ scenario on your BTicino system, you can use the proper Things to activate a scenario by simulating the pressure a scenario button from OH. See the binding documentation for more explanations and examples.
Massi

Hi Massimo, thanks for your fantastic binding. I’m still in the learning phase on how to setup OpenHAB things, items and rules to link my BTicino system on MHS1 to Google Assistant.

Right now I’m using your latest available binding org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.M2-1.jar and Openhabian (latest stable, OpenHAB 2.4) installed on a Raspberry 3. I’ve got no others binding installed besides the Yeelight binding. Yesterday I was trying some new rules and syncing my Google Assistant to drive some lights and shutters. I’m using text configuration for things and items (like your examples on Github).
Everything was working fine during the last months… at least until yesterday night. Starting from 2 rollershutter everything in Openhab using the openwebnet binding have stopped to function, the last thing was… the gateway. MyHomeServer1 (v.2.14.16) is still recognized from your binding and I can add it as a thing but in the log viewer I see this:

2019-06-16 00:54:54.053 [home.event.InboxAddedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' has been added.
2019-06-16 00:55:11.028 [ERROR] [org.openwebnet.AbstractOpenGateway  ] - ERROR IN Java $MODULE$: connection cannot be established
2019-06-16 00:55:10.953 [me.event.InboxRemovedEvent] - Discovery Result with UID 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' has been removed.
2019-06-16 00:55:11.025 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2019-06-16 00:55:11.031 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' changed from INITIALIZING to UNKNOWN
2019-06-16 00:55:31.031 [INFO ] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== BridgeHandler status still UNKNOWN. Setting device=openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8 to OFFLINE
2019-06-16 00:55:31.042 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
2019-06-16 00:55:46.115 [ERROR] [org.openwebnet.AbstractOpenGateway  ] - ERROR IN Java $MODULE$: connection cannot be established
2019-06-16 00:55:46.129 [INFO ] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== Bridge configuration updated.
2019-06-16 00:55:46.187 [ERROR] [org.openwebnet.AbstractOpenGateway  ] - ERROR IN Java $MODULE$: connection cannot be established
2019-06-16 00:55:46.107 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR) to UNKNOWN
2019-06-16 00:55:46.145 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' has been updated.
2019-06-16 00:55:46.172 [vent.ConfigStatusInfoEvent] - ConfigStatusInfo [configStatusMessages=[]]
2019-06-16 00:56:06.123 [INFO ] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN== BridgeHandler status still UNKNOWN. Setting device=openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8 to OFFLINE
2019-06-16 00:56:06.137 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'openwebnet:bus_gateway:MYHOMESERVER1_000350a420d8' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

I’ve tried also to add the gateway via PaperUI:

The log response is still the same. I’ve tried to reinstall completely Openhabian on a new SD card (without Yeelight binding), tried also to run OpenHAB on Windows using Java… but the answer is still the same: gateway is no more recognized as ONLINE from the binding.

With MyHOME_Up app the BTicino system is fully functional and yes, I’ve tried to check and change the OPEN password. I’ve tried also with MyHOME_Suite and the MHS1 is recognized immediately using the OPEN password.

I’d like to try also the Openwebnet client but the official BTicino page where you could download it is now a (404 page not found. Could someone might be kind enough to upload somewhere the OpenWebNet_Client_windows_32bit.zip and post here the link?

I really appreciate any help you can provide, thanks.
Manuele.

Same situation from yesterday! Same tests and same results with 3 different gateways and 12 months of working configuration. Same results with a fresh installation with only this binding (both with manual & market installation)

Here you can download the Openwebnet Client

Luca

Hi all,
same situation to my installation; I’ve spent a lot of time yesterday but nothing worked.

I noticed that the “ERROR IN Java $MODULE$: connection cannot be established” happened immediatly after a reboot of the rasperrypi (raspbian image).

I had to reboot because requested by the upgrade of the package “dbus” from 1.10.26-0+deb9u1 to 1.10.28-0+deb9u1 (security update).

To avoid other people to waste time, I’ll list what a I tried with no effect:

1. Rolled back dbus (and related dependencies) to 1.10.26-0+deb9u1
  2. Installed the latest version of Zulu
  3. Removed testing version of OpenHAB 2.5 and installed from scratch 2.4

My conclusion is that some previous raspbian system upgrade changed something, which was activated by the reboot; not related to dbus, as I downgraded with no effect (it has not been a simple task, I had to rebuild the deb package from sources raspbian archives).

Now I’ll try with “strace” to debug the connection problems…

Bye,
Davide

Version 2.5.0.M2-1 of the binding is now expired and does not work anymore after a reboot.
Due to the problems in the new openHAB build system no new releases have been possible since months (check other threads why…).
Now situation is a bit better , so I should be able to prepare a new release in few days and put it here for everybody to make an upgrade.
Massi

3 Likes

Hallo,
Here you are a new OpenWebNet binding release: 2.5.0.M2-2.

I suggest EVERYONE upgrades to this bining version as all previuos versions are now EXPIRED and will not work anymore after a OH2 reboot

Improvements

This release is an update release:

• [FIX #76] Migrated to new OH2 build system (bndtools)
  • [FIX #30] manually configured things are now ignored during auto-discovery
  • [FIX #67] [BREAKING CHANGE] param discoveryByActivation changed to boolean ("false" -> false)
  • [FIX #74] Updated README with energy example
  • removed logging INFO when discovering devices via UPnP
  • BUS gateway MAC addr. used as serialNumber (representation-property) to avoid discovery of same gateway that was added manually
  • Now using openwebnet-lib-0.9.20
  • on the ZigBee part:
    • [FIX] fixed detecting wrong device id for discovered Zigbee devices
    • [FIX #77] Zigbee bridge: serial port as config parameter
    • [BREAKING CHANGE] ZigBee gateway: now zigbeeid is used as representation-property
    • [BREAKING CHANGE] renamed thing-types for ZigBee devices and GenericDevice. Previous ZigBee configured things must be updated (file) / re-discovered (PaperUI)
    • debug messages for ZB connect/connectGateway

IMPORTANT
If you have multiple gateways in your BUS systems that support UPnP discovery, they will all be discovered and put in Inbox, but only one gateway at a time should be selected and configured in openHAB to avoid duplicate items and confusion in things/item configuration.

Installation and Upgrade

This binding version is compatible with openHAB 2.4 and later.
To install/upgrade to the new version of the binding, as always CAREFULLY follow the instructions in the README.

JAR File: https://github.com/mvalla/openhab2-addons/releases/download/own-2.5.0.M2-2/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.M2-2.jar

Ciao!
MASSI

3 Likes

Thank you Massi for the new release! Everything is functioning again! :+1:
Keep up the great work!
mhs1

The new raspberry Pi 4 is released

I find the Pi a bit slow sometimes. Openhab site maps can be a bit slow to load, especially via the cloud. Wasn’t sure if its just the amount of BUS items I have or how I have the sitemap designed. Maybe I have too much stuff on the first page. Maybe the new Pi will help? Is anyone planning on buying it for their Openenwebnet setup? . I would love to know if openhab/openwebnet works with it and its faster.

M

Hi Massi - your instructions link is going to a 404 error.

Is there a way to stop this binding from breaking like this - it is a bit worrying that suddenly it stops working after a reboot?

thanks

Massimo, he is restructuring the git to make the Openwebnet binding official in the OH version 2.5
That’s why README doesn’t work.
For the moment use these two links.

Which OH version do you use?
What version of the Openweb net binding do you use?
If it’s the last 2.5.0.M2-2 is the problem, did you have the same problem in the previous version?
Which webserver do you use?
Raspberry or Windows?
Publish a log, so it’s difficult to understand why
Massimo is not a magician !!! We try to help him !!!

Hi I’m on raspbian and there were no errors in the log but as Massi said on his message above:

I suggest EVERYONE upgrades to this bining version as all previuos versions are now EXPIRED and will not work anymore after a OH2 reboot

I am away sometimes for a few weeks and my CEN buttons will stop working if the system breaks. I’d like to be able to lock down the system so that nothing changes whilst I am away.

Do you use OH 2.4?
In previous versions of the binding, did you have the same problem?

Hi Michele,

Sorry I think I am confusing everyone! So this is my concern -

The previous release of the binding suddenly stopped working after a reboot on Monday. This was expected because Massi explained that it was expired.

I want to understand how a binding can suddenly expire and stop working. I do not want this to happen when I am not available to do an update.

Is there a way to stop this from happening, we had a power cut on Monday so my pi rebooted automatically and the binding stopped working. As a result my CEN switches also did not operate.

now you have been clearer

• the expiration of the binding will be resolved with the formalization, Massimo works on this, perhaps with the release of OH 2.5.0.M2 we talk about the end of summer. perhaps
  • I too had problems when the power went out, I didn’t investigate deeply, but I think the fault lies with the router. the raspberry starts faster than the router. IP assignment problem. the binding has nothing to do with it. as soon as I open, I understand better the problem I’ll let you know.

One possible solution… I have all my Pi’s and router powered by a UPS.

Even though we had a major power recently cut I didn’t notice the binding expiry problem until I manually rebooted my PI. Usually I get an email if there is an active power cut (from my NAS alerts, also on another UPS). So, I have the opportunity to safely shutdown the Pi via console app from my phone before the UPS battery expires.

I guess I could do it better and get the Pi to talk to the UPS directly via USB link but I need to research as I have no idea how. Winter evening task :slight_smile:

Recently I had an unusual and weird power cut with just one phase was affected. The house has 3 phases with power outlets apparently randomly connected to different phases. A single phase was down that only affected the Pi UPS and BUS scenario controller and therefore my NAS UPS didn’t run, no email was sent and I didn’t get a notification via NAS alert. This caused a very weird house behaviour, like spirits has taken over :slight_smile:

It was only the openwebnet binding that did not work at the reboot everything else in Openhab was fine, so I am sure it was the expired binding that caused the problem.

Hi Massi,
when “Simply Mode” is activated and when we add a things wtiting a customized name, you can write the same name in items description?
I think you can do it only at the code level …

This why Google Home recnognize the devices by items name and as it is now we have a lot of devices named “rollershutter” “switch” etc…