[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Is it possible to stick to a Version without updating every 3 month and can I update the openHAB Software on my raspberrry without loosing the configuration?

LG Stephan

hi stephan,
the reason of the continuosly updates is because the bticino-binding is still under development. little bugs are found and new features are implemented regularly.
i don´t use the autodiscovery-function, i manage my things and items in files and so i can easily update without loosing configuration :wink:

best, stefan

1 Like

Everything works well again. Thanks to everyone especally to massi foor the quick help. I only have a items file and a rules file but not a things file so i have to rename and connect some things for Alexa to work correctly.

Lg Stephan

Hi Massi
two days ago, after a power supply defeat, my BUS Gateway (MyHomeServer1) goes offline, but only in OpenWebNet bindings. It works fine with app.
So I have disinstalled and reinstalled OpenWebNet bindings as indicated in the instruction
After reinstallation, the bindings discovered the bus gateway correctly but with another name.
So now I have all the new things work correctly and all the old things stopped UNINITIALIZED - BRIDGE UNINITIALIZED
How can I remove the old things?
Thanks a lot

Hello,
you have two options:

1. To delete old ones and DO NOT touch the new ones you can only do them one by one by hand.

2. CAUTION
    These commands delete ALL, OLD AND NEW, like starting from scratch.
    Through Console Karaf you give the command

smarthome:inbox clear
smarthome:things clear
smarthome:links clear

1. Start from scratch with Discovery

Make sure you are using version 2.5.0-M2-1

Yes, you can freely delete the old ones. If you have items generated automatically by PaperUI you are ready to go. If instead you are using .items file to configure items, you should used new channel names for them referencing the new gateway name (it’s a simple find all/change for the brdige name).
Bye
Massi

Hi Michele
I’ve tried to delete the old ones one by one, but they still remain in “removing” state

I think I want to try the second method… :disappointed_relieved:

you can click to remove them again, they should become removed (they need double click since the orginal bridge thing is not there anymore)
bye
M

Ok, I try this evening
thank you

Hi all,

got a bunch of warnings after installation of M2-1 (see below) but everything is online and working. I am using .things at the moment. Btw how can you set the properties field (vendor, firmware etc) in the Bridge thing?

2019-03-23 02:21:49.629 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.M2-1.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [240]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.5.0.201901272324"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.openwebnet"; singleton:="true"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2019-03-23 02:21:49.655 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.openwebnet-2.5.0.M2-1.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.openwebnet [240]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.5.0.201901272324"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.openwebnet"; singleton:="true"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Marco did you uninstall the previous binding first using Karaf console as explained in the README ?

These are set automatically if you auto-discover the bridge. If you configure it via .things file then they are not set at the moment (you can file a new issue for that if you want)
M

Yessss, I always forget a piece!

Many of these still remain in the log. Is it normal?

2019-03-23 11:46:37.324 [DEBUG] [bnet.handler.OpenWebNetBridgeHandler] - ==OWN==  GatewayManagement WHAT = null

@massi : Do you know anything about Bticino integrating new services into myhomeserver1?

https://www.sicurezzamagazine.it/bticino-ise-2019-integrazione-smart-home/

La terza area è dedicata alla Home Automation e alla tecnologia domotica. La consolidata affidabilità del sistema BUS BTicino si rinnova oggi con l’Hometouch da 7” in grado di gestire contemporaneamente tutte le funzioni di automazione domestica e la videocitofonia, e con nuove funzionalità integrate, fisiche e vocali, del sistema domoticoMyHOME_Up e del gateway MyHOMEServer1.

yes, they are DEBUG levels and we are still in development phase… change to INFO if you want to remove them. The binding will go through a complete review when it will be included into the official OH2 release.
M

Hopefully they will add new services to MyHOMEServer1, and hopefully for free. I have not seen any official announcement about assistants integration.

Hi Massi
it works!
I’ve removed all the old things clicking two times!

Thanks a lot!

Giuseppe

1 Like

I updated my openhab to the latest snapshot and then tried to reinstall the dependencies:

• feature:install openhab-transport-serial
  • feature:install esh-io-transport-upnp

but I receive this error:
Error executing command: No matching features for esh-io-transport-upnp/0

so I am not able to see the binding anymore :pensive:
everything is UNINITIALIZED

Any suggestion?

is possible that feature esh-io-transport-upnp is not anymore correct and available il 2.5.0.SNAPSHOT.
I’ll have to check this. Meanwhile I suggest yo go back to OH 2.4.0 stable.

I was already on 2.5.0 snapshot (I suppose a different build)

I tried downgrading to a previous release and to 2.4 but I get and error: FAILED (apt)

I also tried the old “workaround” of installing the Modbus Binding but this time it’s not working :sob:

EDIT: l was able to restore an OH2 backup I made before the update, but I still get the same error when using * feature:install esh-io-transport-upnp

Try cleaning the cache, then return the two commands to karaf.
All your configuration is on file?