[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Just had my gateway (screen10) go offline for some uknown reason. A reboot of openHAB didn’t help but a reboot of the screen10 did. The screen 10 seemed to functioning normally.

I think its been asked before but couldn’t find it. Is there a way to set fall back, secondary, server in case primary one goes of line? I have a MH202 scenario controller that could also act as a gateway.

Also, would be nice of someone to post an example rule to send out notifications when a gateway goes offline. :slight_smile:

edit… I improved my code. Now it detects Offline gateway, sends an email alert and restarts the binding automatically.
See this post:

<<<<<<<<<< Old code removed >>>>>>>>>>

The first real offline event and notification

email received

hello,
I’m searching for an alarm system.
I would like to link to openhab 7 window magnetic contact (wired and already installed): there is any hardware linkable to openhab or bticino hardware like F482 or 3480 or Contact interfaces: F428 and 3477?

I changed all my item definitions now so that I can easilly toggle from screen10 to MH202 by editing just the bridge definition.
Was using screen10 but now currently on MH202 as gateway and now I see these messages

2020-02-20 07:01:16.682 [WARN ] [penwebnet.message.OpenMessageFactory] - ##openwebnet## INVALID FRAME: *13*26##

2020-02-20 07:06:33.565 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*98*#13*0*100*12*0##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:98

2020-02-20 07:06:33.568 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*98*#4*100*12##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:98

2020-02-20 07:06:33.607 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*98*13*0*100**0##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:98

2020-02-20 07:06:33.611 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*98*4*100*0##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:98

2020-02-20 07:06:33.646 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*98*4*100*12##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:98

2020-02-20 07:06:33.664 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*98*13*0*150*12*0##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:98

2020-02-20 07:07:35.210 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*0414*#13*0*100*11*0##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:0414

2020-02-20 07:07:35.213 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*0414*#4*100*11##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:0414

2020-02-20 07:07:35.248 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*0414*4*100*11##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:0414

2020-02-20 07:07:35.257 [WARN ] [et.handler.OpenWebNetLightingHandler] - ==OWN:LightingHandler== updateLightBrightnessState() Cannot handle message <*#1*0414*13*0*200*11*0##> for thing openwebnet:bus_dimmer:gateway:0414

but no ‘gateway unreachable’ messages which i got sporadically with the screen10 as gateway.

edit…
The error above seems to have been an isolated event. Operating the affected lights doesn’t cause any issues now. I would do more testing of MH202 vs Screen10 as gateway but there is little point if Massimo is not around anymore. So I wait.

I am using both contact interfaces F428 and 3477 with BTicino MH202 and openHAB for detecting open/closed relays. Or are you asking for something else instead?

thanks!
It’s detect magnetic contact like BTICINO 3510?

are used for an alarm central or is installed individually and configured on openhab?
can you describe your configuration please? I would like to buy an interface and control my main door in openhab and then in Alexa

I am not using them for the alarm contacts. I just use them for output relays. I keep my alarm and door actuators seperate from openHAB. I don’t want openHAB or Alexa to be able to control my security stuff.

I agree, I would to test it and only use alexa to say “Hello” for example…not for security alarm

Can you explain me your relay use?

thanks!

They are all different and not BTicino.

Info… Just upgraded to openHAB 2.5.2. Seems OK apart for the new white list requirement for the exec binding

edit … rebooting openHAB causes MH202 to reboot too. Old problem not related to the move to 2.5.2

Ok, can You explain me the eletric schema?

A relay is just an an electrically operated switch. Many things have them , Alarm boards, garage door openers, enviromental sensors etc. The contacts open and close to indicate of a certain state or condition. eg door closed, door opened, alarm on alarm off. You can use the BTicino contact sensors to detect if the relay/switch is open or closed. This information is then available on the BUS as contact on or contact off.

Hi to everyone, there is any clue on when the video/ door opening will be connected to this binding?

Hi,

This is of interest to me too and there is even some code from an earlier binding that might be useful.

Unfortuneatly it seems two of the main developers, @massi and @gozilla01 appear to have abandoned the binding; at least for now. I have tried to find out what the issue is but I get no responce from either. I hope its temporary situation and nothing bad has happened :worried: If anyone knows anymore please let us know.

This also means people should be careful when doing OH updates and have a backup solution available just in case an update breaks the binding in someway.

Also, I and probably others have stopped posting binding ideas and issues for now as there is no point at the moment.

Thanks, I understand what is a relay.: I would like to link/cable a magnetic contact but I’m not sure how because my magnetic Contacts has 3 eletric wires.

Hi everyone,
since a couple of hours I keep getting the following error:

[ERROR] [org.openwebnet.AbstractOpenGateway ] - ERROR IN Java $MODULE$: connection cannot be established

followed by:
openwebnet:bus_gateway:mybridge' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

Am I the only one? Is the binding expired?

Thanks!