[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

Hi Sebastien,
is better to deactivate + remove any previous version of the OpenWebNet binding first.
Otherwise if you have installed the Bticino 1.x binding that should not create problems and should be able to co-exist with the OpenWebNet binding.

Which version of OH are you using on the RaPi ?

massimo

Hi Massimo,

thanks for the quick response.
I’m still on 2.2 should I try to update to 2.3 first?

Sebastien

hi sebastien,
not shure if this could help you, but when i installed the oh-binding first time on my newly configured raspberry i had to install the “modbus-binding” (paper-ui) and restart raspy to make oh-binding work. don´t know why but this was my solution.
best stefan

YES, starting from binding version beta6 the minimum requirement is openHAB 2.3, which is needed to support unit of measurements like °C, hence the dependency that is missing javax.measure. I will specify this in the README…
In any case follow the instructions from the binding README because other dependencies have to be activated manually.

M

Thanks in hindsight I can remember that I read that I needed 2.3 but forgot about it.
Thanks for the help, it works now.

Got everything working fine except the shutter positioning.
The AUTO config went fine on both my screens and when I set them to a position I get to see the percentage there in but when I set a percentage from the paper UI the screens go to 0% of 100%.
I tried removing them and adding them manually and setting the Shutter run manually and Automatic but nothing seems to work.

Also how can I set the percentage from the sitemap?

This is my log when I set the percentage to 74 percent.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-08-04 17:09:28.348 [INFO ] [org.openwebnet.OpenGatewayBus$a     ] - MON RECEIVED  <<<<<<<<<<< *2*0*92##
2018-08-04 17:09:28.355 [DEBUG] [.handler.OpenWebNetAutomationHandler] - ==OWN:AutomationHandler== movementSteps=7 UP(-)
2018-08-04 17:09:28.369 [DEBUG] [.handler.OpenWebNetAutomationHandler] - ==OWN:AutomationHandler== [[[ internalState=0 positionEst=93 - calibrating=-1 shutterRun=31224 ]]]

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2018-08-04 17:09:28.372 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ScreenTerras changed from 74 to 93

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2018-08-04 17:09:28.398 [INFO ] [org.openwebnet.OpenGatewayBus$a     ] - MON RECEIVED  <<<<<<<<<<< *2*1*92##
2018-08-04 17:09:28.404 [DEBUG] [.handler.OpenWebNetAutomationHandler] - ==OWN:AutomationHandler== MOVING 1 - startedMovingAt=1533395368403
2018-08-04 17:09:28.409 [DEBUG] [.handler.OpenWebNetAutomationHandler] - ==OWN:AutomationHandler== [[[ internalState=1 positionEst=93 - calibrating=-1 shutterRun=31224 ]]]
2018-08-04 17:09:59.567 [INFO ] [org.openwebnet.OpenGatewayBus$a     ] - MON RECEIVED  <<<<<<<<<<< *2*0*92##
2018-08-04 17:09:59.571 [DEBUG] [.handler.OpenWebNetAutomationHandler] - ==OWN:AutomationHandler== movementSteps=100 UP(-)
2018-08-04 17:09:59.585 [DEBUG] [.handler.OpenWebNetAutomationHandler] - ==OWN:AutomationHandler== [[[ internalState=0 positionEst=0 - calibrating=-1 shutterRun=31224 ]]]

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2018-08-04 17:09:59.593 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ScreenTerras changed from 93 to 0

Hi Guys,

I need some help, hints or suggestions.

I recently replaced my PaperUI items with .items file but now I notice things don’t look the same in the PaperUI control panel. I seem to be missing some control features that I had before. My ‘Things’ are still defined via PaperUI.

Eg

The blind position % is not shown

Rollershutter Office_RollerShutter "Office" <blinds> {channel="openwebnet:bus_automation:8ad69126:55:shutter"}

For a dimmer the On/Off switch is not shown only a slider

Dimmer Chandelier_Brightness "Dimmer" <slider> (HouseLights) ["Lighting"] {channel="openwebnet:bus_dimmer:8ad69126:0411:brightness"}

What am I doing wrong? It could be related to the fact i am beta testing the binding and something got messed up. I have reinstalled after using the Karaf bundle to uninstall and restarted openhab but it didn’t help. So maybe I am missing something somewhere? I don’t have a site file yet!

Thanks Mark.

hi mark,

i think nothing is wrong with your setup - it is exact the same for me.

i don´t see the %-state for shutter position, too. but as i don´t use it and the configuration is a little complex i did not do that autoconfig and thought that would be the reason why not shown. i think it would be a good thing if i could insert the downtime of a shutter in the items-configuration, so no autoconifg would be necessary.

and: all my dimmers are ony shown as slider, too. i beleived that there is no more :slight_smile: i tried around a lot and when dimmer is off it will be recognized as switch. sometimes i got it work to use both then, but, don´t know how to describe, was a little unstable/hard to repeat.

best regards, stefan

Hi Stefan,
That’s odd because I am sure I have had dimmers showing a slider and below it a On/Off switch as well. It worked and was useful instead of using the slider. Also, the blinds had a box in which I could type the %position. I didn’t really pay attention to those features at the time because I was testing other stuff. Maybe I dreamt it :slight_smile: Anyway, they have gone since I tidied up and deleted PaperUI items. I tried linking via PaperUI again and they didn’t show up so I assumed it was either my mistake or something left over from earlier binding versions… most likely me being too dumb; or so I thought :slight_smile: Maybe Massimo will comment.

ps got an idea to test… maybe I should add a switch item as well as dimmer item and for the blind hmmm?

edit, yup it worked

To get the switch to be On when the dimmer slider is used I needed a rule like this:

rule 'Kitchen spots dimmer on'
when
Item KitchenSpots_Brightness changed from 0
then
postUpdate(KitchenSpots_Switch, ON)
end

No dimmer 0% rule was needed as the Switch automatically changes to OFF if the dimmer slider is set to 0%

I have not tested this but… a bonus could that using .items and this rule means that it will not matter if the light is discovered as a switch or dimmer. So, there is no need to set all dimmers to 50% during discovery process… or so I hope.

edit again …
mystery solved :slight_smile:
Office item was missing the % formatting

Rollershutter OfficeBlind_RollerShutter "Office [%d %%]" <blinds> { channel="openwebnet:bus_automation:8ad69126:55:shutter" }

and the place to enter the blind position is selected by clicking on position number, entering a new one and clicking on the tick that appears. Seems obvious now :flushed: I thought it was a separate box …doh!!

Hello Massimo,
this is my first post.
I have a myhomeserver1 that manage automations, lights and temperature.
I tried to connect but i can’t, because the error “offline” appears.
I tried with openwebnet client (psw 12345 port 20000) as you explain in the first posts but nothing, “event disconnected - handshake has failed”.
I’m afraid that myhomeserver1 can’t work as openwebnet gateway, anyway i have an MH200N, in the next days i will try to connect this one and try again.
Thanks for your great work.

Hi Valerio,
Welcome to the thread and to openHAB-BTicino integration!

I am away from PC these days for holidays.

In fact there are quite few users here that have successfully connected this binding to their MHS1.

What I can suggest is to check again the password: is it the right one? see your MHS1 manual how to verify/change your password.

Once you are sure with the password, from the BTicino client you have to also check the HMAC option near the the password; MHS1 uses HMAC authentication and therefore this option is required for connection.

Then if you are able to connect the BTicino client and still the binding does not work for you: provide here in the thread ( or even better via private message):

• your OH2 configuration (RaPi? OH2 Version?)
  • your MHS1 firmware version
  • your DEBUG level log (see earlier this thread how to set it) after having tried from a clean situation adding a new gateway thing with the correct password.

Bye
Massi

Many thanks, i will give you a feedback.
Have a nice holiday.

Hi Massimo, i’m a beginner with openhab and i have a problem with Bticino addon, i use a raspberry, in the Paper UI i have installed bticino addon but it not show in inbox, if i install zigbee addon in inbox i can show it, only bticino didn’t show, have some suggest?
Thanks.

Hi @walter1966, welcome to openHAB and BTicino integration!

Did you read the README?
(search the link at the beginning of the thread).

In the README it is explained that the BUS gateway thing is not discovered automatically (yet) but it needs to be added manually via PaperUI , configuring IP address and password.

Which BTicino Gateway are you using ?

Bye
Massi

Hi, Massimo, i use an F453AV gateway, now i read the readme and eventually i ask your help again. Thank.

Hi Massimo, I setup your binding and worked well…
Pity that the dimmer are not correctly detected,

a quando la gestione dei comandi “CEN”, “Energy management” ?
… magari gli sviluppatori di Bticino/Legrand potrebbero dare il loro contributo… :grin:

Did you turn them ON and dimmed on the physical switch before starting discovery, as indicated in the README ?

(please use English, this forum is in English)
See here: Issues · mvalla/openhab-addons · GitHub
WHO=18 is planned in release beta8 (next next release)
WHO=15/25 are not planned yet: will need help from other developers.
Sorry, cannot promise dates: everything is done during(little) spare time… :slight_smile:

bye
Massi

Hello Massi,
What’s New in beta 7 ?
Where download the beta 7 ?
How to help you for development?
What software do you use for development?

Best regards

Arnaud

Yes I Read README…
After implementing your Binding and starting the scan I realized that I had lost 2 Dimmer and I had to redo the scan…

Oops, Pardon!

Can you manage Ambient, Group address?
Can I define Thing/Item with spefici WHAT address?