[BTicino/OpenWebNet] New openHAB2 binding ready for testing

I am thinking about bypassing my bticino load control using an opehab rule.
Something like:
Trigger: every time the power item changes
Rule:
if the average value over the last 60 second (so at least 2 measurements) is above the threshold (in my case 6600W)
then check item 1 ( the first that should ne turned off) power consumption and if it’s above xxx turn it off.
Else proceed with the other items until one over the threshold is found and turned off.

Do you think that having only 2 measurements would be a reliability issue?

I have a similar rule and it’s currently working, but my rule reacts on just 1 reading as my threshold is quite extreme (5.7kW with 4.5kW contractual power limit) and the tolerance is allowed for 2 mins only.
What I see is that the rule reacts on peaks and cuts the power to the heat-pump, which is not ideal, that’s why I aas looking for more frequent readings.

I see that your threshold is 6.6kW so I guess you have a 6kW contract and you want to react on the +10% threshold: did you check the rules for the tolerance? In my contract the tolerance is +30% for 2 mins and +10% for 2 hours.

Yes I have a 6kw contract, that means that I can use up to 6.6kw with no limitation. So my rule would trigger over 6.6.
If you stay over 6.6 for more than 2 minutes than the meter will disconnect the power: the rule should prevent this from happening.
I agree with you on the need of using an “average” measurement, and from your experience it seems that 1 measurement in inadequate. So I was wondering if 1 minute observation period with only 2 measurements would be enough.
Or maybe 3 measurements should be used (so usually 90 seconds)

hello, thanks Massi, great work!
in the past version there was thing “LocalMode” : it’s developing is in your plans?

an other thing: Target Temp before was R/W but now is ReadOnly, correct?

the thermoregulation is already in developement. at the moment not all functions are implemented, see here:

https://community.openhab.org/t/openwebnet-support-for-central-units-in-thermoregulation/129416

most important what already works is channel temperature for actual temperature and setpointTemperature wich allows you to change the target temperature in the 3550 central, BUT for now only if you set in central to “manual”, if you have set “automatic” the value will be overwritten.

thanks! I know…

I’m using this binding since openhab 1.3 … and that things was working…

Hi All,
Happy New Year 2022 to you.

I wanted to share that I migrate from OH 2.5 to OH 3.2 and the OpenWebNet binding is rock solid. I am not having any issues at all.

Thank you
Espresso

1 Like

Hi Folks,
I see you have the same GUI as me. How do you find the adress of the device ?
I am not able to find this in the myHomeSuite software !?

How to get thescreen or the address of the devices please ?

In my home suite you can run a scan. If the physical configurators have been used then check the back of the device to find the address

Unscrewing 72 devices from the wall to find the adress will be not cool :frowning:

Is it not possible to have that window in the software ?

ps: i did indeed run a scan to retrieve the existing configuration

I dont follow. Is scan is working? The scan tab is show before you open the project/config for the S10. You are showing the open S10 configuration.

To get the addresses run a scan, Drag the devices over into the plant area and the save it as a new plant. I copy these into excel to make it eaasier to find things later and add them to the projects S10, Mh202 etc I save separate plants just for S10 and MH202 to keep the file size down.

M

I wanted to send you a pm with my *.plant file.
I did bus scan and import devices.
All i got is this screen but devices address not showing :frowning:

To see the device address you need to click on the module tabs. Each device can be more than one module… Top right panel

As you can see there is no address also in these panels :sob:

yes it is! as @m4rk suggested eg in your last screenshot (module2) you see “zone” = 3 and “point de lumiere” = 3 → so this is address 33, the screenshot before (module1) is address 31.
this is the number you use in the binding things at “where”

1 Like

Hi again,
I managed to control a light so i am quite happy. But i didnot manage to control a roller shutter/cover.

I have 2 questions please:

1/ Shouldn t it be set in local button modality in bistable and blades control ?

2/ Seeing this you confirm, the switch for shutter is not set with jumpers ? Or if it is set with jumpers, you confirm it does not exclude from making it work like i did for a light ? Otherwise can i erase jumpers to assign virtually via MyHomeSuite ?

Hope i am clear, i just want to know if i am doing things correctly…

sorry i dont quite understand what you want. i dont use the h4661m2 actor, i use a normal f41174 even for my shutters.

but in generally i would configure ALL components via myhomesuite (as far as poosible, eg some alarm-components are not able to be configured virtually). so if the actor has an id i would remove the configurators, remove power short to reload, and then configure via myhomesuite

@Matt_Raff since your questions seem not related to the openwebnet binding but are related to the BTicino hardware/configuration, could at least use another thread, for example this, unless you are asking suggestions/help related to the OpenWebNet binding?
I think these details on your system configuration are quite off topic here…