Build 663 OH2 does not start anymore

After trying to update to build 663 OH2 does not start anymore.
I am receiving the following error

Could not resolve mvn:org.eclipse.birt.runtime/org.eclipse.osgi/3.10.2.v20150203-1939

is there a workaround?

@Marty56 & @lipp_markus: Were you asked whether some files should be updated or not? If so, did you answer ‘yes’?

@Benjy Did we miss anything…?

Not that I’m aware. I’ve tested the build (upgrade an fresh) on a RPI and debian laptop and am running #663 on my own system. What systems are you both running?

Yup, there was a question for a config file somewhere in /var/lib/openhab… of course I forgot the rest, my apologies (and just in case I answered N)
[edit] I think I found it: /var/lib/openhab2/etc/config.properties.dpkg-dist

No. I just started OH and got the error message.
I am on windows.

I am running it on a PI2

Then the issue is how you upgraded. Note that you should copy all files from the new distro to userdata/etc that @Benjy listed here.

[edit] just for the record I updated with apt-get on RPI2
And once I copied
/var/lib/openhab2/etc/config.properties.dpkg-dist
over the original file it seems all is well. First time Openhab2 threw some impressive errors but started, once I restarted again, all seems to be OK.
Should have answered Y (rather than N)…:grinning:
Thanks all

1 Like

I have copied the files but now the script does not respond anymore and the karaf prompt never shows up.
I guess I have to start from the scratch.

I’ve added another PR that may address the problems you’re experiencing.

If all else fails, you can get the prompt to ask which conffiles you want saving again by using:

sudo apt-get -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confask" install openhab2-online

(or openhab2-offline if you’re using it)

There are many, but be sure to say yes to anything in /var/lib/openhab/etc/

Meanwhile i have reinstalled 664 and discovered that the link to the basic UI is not working anymore.
It seems that the url of the basic UI is changed to
locahost:8080/basic/app?sitemap=yoursitemap
where yoursitemap is the name of your sitemap.