Busch-Jaeger Free@Home

Hi everyone,
I don’t know if I can ask my question here or if I need to create a new item but I will hear that.
First of all my big compliments for the f @ h bond !!! Works great.

But … recently I suddenly get error messages in my log. In practice I do not notice this, but still, I prefer my log without error messages. The error message I get is as follows:

[WARN] [ssories.AbstractHomekitAccessoryImpl] - State for characteristic ON_STATE at accessory 1315028852 cannot be retrieved.

I only get this message from items from the f @ h binding. I have very little knowledge of programming etc. but I expect it to be something between the f @ h binding and the Homekit binding. Anyone have any idea?

As you say, this would indicate a warning related to the HomeKit binding rather than the F@H binding. I don’t use this setup myself, so have no clue, but have you tried a simple reboot of openHAB to see if that removes the warnings?

That’s right, I thought that too. On the other hand, I only get the message with the items of the F @ H binding.

Indeed, I have already tried a restart. In fact, even a full reinstallation of my Raspberry PI has not helped.

Is there any further news on this?
rocks.xmpp.core.session.NoResponseException: Timeout while waiting on advertised authentication mechanisms

I am running OH 2.5.5. and get this message in the log when trying to add the F@H bridge.
I deleted and re-created the bridge several times, also used different users to login, also with jid.

Any ideas?

Regards

Hard to say with so little log details.

Have you read and followed steps (similar problem)?
https://community.openhab.org/t/busch-jaeger-free-home/31043/180?u=kjoglums

Also, have you tried to ssh into openhab/karaf console to run

bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.freeathome

I tried the

bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.freeathome

command. This worked at the end for me. I just had to change to username, not using the JID. Bridge is now online. Now i can start adding the things and items…thanks

I am still struggling with getting the FreeAtHome Binding up and running.

After I managed the bring my Bridge online, I try to setup my thermostats right now.

I configured the bridge in PaperUI, and this is now online. So far so good.

Then I created the things & items file:

freeathome.things:

Bridge freeathome:bridge:dxxxxxxe
{
Thing thermostat ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000 [
label = “Thermostat Bad unten, ABBxxxxxxxxx”,
DeviceID = “ABBxxxxxxxxx”,
ChannelId = “ch0000”,
dataPointIdSwitch = “idp0012”,
dataPointIdSwitchUpdate = “odp0008”,
dataPointIdTarget = “idp0016”,
dataPointIdTargetUpdate = “odp0006”,
dataPointIdEcoUpdate = “odp0009”,
dataPointIdEco = “idp0011”,
dataPointIdRoomUpdate = “odp0010”
]}

freeathome.items

//Thermostat Bad unten ABBxxxxxxxxx
Switch thermostatBadunten_OnOff “Thermostat Bad unten Ein/Aus” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:dxxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_switch” }
Switch thermostatBadunten_Eco “Thermostat Bad unten Eco Mode” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:dxxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_eco_switch” }
Number thermostatBadunten_Temp “Thermostat Bad unten Raumtemperatur” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:dxxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_room_temp” }
Number thermostatBadunten_TargetTemp “Thermostat Bad unten Zieltemperatur” { channel=“freeathome:thermostat:freeathome:bridge:xxxxxxe:ABBxxxxxxxxx_ch0000:therm_target_temp” }

The files/models were created successful and items were linked correctly, no obvious errors in the logviewer.
As you can see i tried different options in the channel, with full bridge name and just with the id.

But now i do not get any values to show. Also i do not see any updates of the item in the logviewer.

Did i miss something in the configuration and/or file creation? Is the thing configuration correct?

Thanks once more for your support.

Regards,
Fichte

I created the things and items over PaperUI now (wanted to avoid that), but at least it is working now.

I have a widget which i was using with the sstadlberger API before, were i was able to increase or decrease the target temperature stepwise by 0.5 degrees. As far as i can see there is no built-in solution for that in the binding. Is there any workaround possible?

Items are recommended created via text files (linked to things created in Paper UI). Then you should have a look at the openHAB documentation for items/sitemap and use of “Setpoint item”. This will enable you to adjust target temperature stepwise (i.e. step amount, min value/max value).

Thank you. I considered and tested your suggested approach. Created a thing via PaperUI and created the item in the items file.
Regarding the setpoint item I am not sure…is the item and the target_temp channel able to receive an udpdate and write it back to the thermostat? or do I need to introduce a new channel in the thing?

As an example, I have the following items defined for one of my thermostats:

Switch   RomtermostatStue_ThermSwitch       "Activate"         <switch>       {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_switch"}
Switch   RomtermostatStue_ThermEcoSwitch    "Eco mode"         <energy>       {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_eco_switch"}
Number   RomtermostatStue_ThermTargetTemp   "Target temp"      <heating>      {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_target_temp"}
Number   RomtermostatStue_ThermRoomTemp     "Room temperature" <temperature>  {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_room_temp"}
Switch   RomtermostatStue_ThermHeatActive   "Heating state"                   {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_heat_active"}
Dimmer   RomtermostatStue_ThermHeatDimmer   "Heating actuator"                {channel="freeathome:thermostat:ABBxxxxxxxxx:therm_heat_dimmer"}

Then, for my Sitemap, I have defined the following:

Text item=RomtermostatStue_ThermRoomTemp label="Faktisk [%.1f ºC]"
Setpoint item=RomtermostatStue_ThermTargetTemp label="Target [%.1f ºC]" step=0.5 minValue=10 maxValue=30

The text item just shows the actual room temperature. The setpoint item shows the set room temperature (read only), and allows me to increase/decrease room temperature in 0.5 degrees increments (as shown below).

Thanks for your example. This helped and works in my sitemap too. :slight_smile:

Also i found how to use it in HabPanel, e.g. for increasing the temp:

ng-click="sendCmd(config.temp, +itemValue(config.temp) + 0.5 > 30 ? 30 : +itemValue(config.temp) + 0.5)">

Thanks again.

Hi kjoglums, is there a chance to get this plugin again into the beta status? Thanks for your feedback.

Well, as @ruebox is the owner of this binding, I am uncertain how to proceed to update/replace the marketplace binding.

My intentions have been to keep the binding up to date and aligned with the latest OH version, and have implemented features/request as far as I have managed, thus providing jar files for download for others being interested.

Getting the binding ready for the official OH repo would also require a lot of work due to the coding guidelines/requirements.

1 Like

Hi,
after updating sysap to version 2.5.1, the bridge is not accessible, i.e. the Things status went to “Uninitialized …” . I removed the bridge from the things and added it back manually. Now the status is OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR.
I use openHAB 2.5.5.
Can anybody help?
Thx

Which version of the binding are you using? Have you installed the binding from PaperUI?

Even though described previously in this thread, the following sequence is recommended:

• Delete existing F@H bridge (note thing ID: to be used for “new” Bridge)
  • Uninstall binding from PaperUI / Remove jar file from openhab2-addons folder
  • ssh into OpenHab service
  • Stop OpenHab service: sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
  • Remove tmp files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
  • Remove cache files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
  • Remove backup files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup/*
  • Remove cache: sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
  • Download latest jar fil and place in openhab2-addons folder: See Link
  • Restart OpenHab service: sudo reboot

You are likely required to reboot OpenHab a couple of times to get the system/binding running.

I repeated your proposed procedure 2 times.
Actually I can see the binding in paper UI, apparently the latest version I downloaded from your link and copied in the addons folder.
I add the bridge in Paper UI / things manually (with my settings).
Unfortunately the bridge is not connecting:
Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Can not connect to SysAP with address: 192.168.0.11

Sysap Version is 2.5.1
openHAB 2.5.5-1 (Release Build)

Hi,
I was too quick. After rebooting again the bridge is online now :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot !

Hi,

tested the binding on a system with a large configurations, worked quite well. I only that to reconfigure temperature when changing from ruebox’s binding. Quite happy that there is a fork that is actively developed!

@kjoglums, you could add some further features easily that are at least for me quite helpful and became part of several rules.

Set/Get Shutter Percentage
So far, raffstore things things only support shutter items for stepwise and complete. There is also an option to get and set the precise position in percentage. To set percentage of shutter, use idp0003. To receive notification, use odp0002.

Illumination Alarm
Free@Home heather station supports an illumination alarm when brightness exceeds a threshold for a certain time. You can read that as OnOFF (1/0) switch from ch0000, odp0000 of the weather station.

Similar should work for rain and wind but I did not need that so far. In case there is interest, I can also figure out channels and IDs for that.

Channel ID of wired Dimmer
I have wired dimmers. They use not channel ch0000 as preconfigured but ch0003 is the channel working here.

Let me know if I can help somewhere with development or coding.

Appreciate your input. For reference, there are also modifications/additions to other things than room thermostats (compared to marketplace binding), e.g. touch panels (room thermostats), motion detectors, window sensors/binary switch, virtual switch, heating actuator state etc.

Will have a look at your tips when I find time, so see my initial comments/questions:

Set/Get Shutter Percentage
There is already a percentage channel operating under idp0002/odp0001, enabling precise percentage position for up/down movement. Would assume your are referring to exact shutter position? I myself only have zip screens, no shutters, so I am not able to test the feature.

Illumination Alarm
Could you elaborate around the use case for this feature? Wouldn´t this also be handled using openHAB timer rules?

Channel ID of wired Dimmer
I myself have wired dimmers, working under ch0003. Even though ch0000 is set as default, the correct channel (ch0003) is automatically set as part of discovery service.