Busch-Jaeger Free@Home

Hi kjoglums, is there a chance to get this plugin again into the beta status? Thanks for your feedback.

Well, as @ruebox is the owner of this binding, I am uncertain how to proceed to update/replace the marketplace binding.

My intentions have been to keep the binding up to date and aligned with the latest OH version, and have implemented features/request as far as I have managed, thus providing jar files for download for others being interested.

Getting the binding ready for the official OH repo would also require a lot of work due to the coding guidelines/requirements.

1 Like

Hi,
after updating sysap to version 2.5.1, the bridge is not accessible, i.e. the Things status went to ā€œUninitialized ā€¦ā€ . I removed the bridge from the things and added it back manually. Now the status is OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR.
I use openHAB 2.5.5.
Can anybody help?
Thx

Which version of the binding are you using? Have you installed the binding from PaperUI?

Even though described previously in this thread, the following sequence is recommended:

• Delete existing F@H bridge (note thing ID: to be used for ā€œnewā€ Bridge)
  • Uninstall binding from PaperUI / Remove jar file from openhab2-addons folder
  • ssh into OpenHab service
  • Stop OpenHab service: sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service
  • Remove tmp files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*
  • Remove cache files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
  • Remove backup files: sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup/*
  • Remove cache: sudo openhab-cli clean-cache
  • Download latest jar fil and place in openhab2-addons folder: See Link
  • Restart OpenHab service: sudo reboot

You are likely required to reboot OpenHab a couple of times to get the system/binding running.

I repeated your proposed procedure 2 times.
Actually I can see the binding in paper UI, apparently the latest version I downloaded from your link and copied in the addons folder.
I add the bridge in Paper UI / things manually (with my settings).
Unfortunately the bridge is not connecting:
Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Can not connect to SysAP with address: 192.168.0.11

Sysap Version is 2.5.1
openHAB 2.5.5-1 (Release Build)

Hi,
I was too quick. After rebooting again the bridge is online now :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot !

Hi,

tested the binding on a system with a large configurations, worked quite well. I only that to reconfigure temperature when changing from rueboxā€™s binding. Quite happy that there is a fork that is actively developed!

@kjoglums, you could add some further features easily that are at least for me quite helpful and became part of several rules.

Set/Get Shutter Percentage
So far, raffstore things things only support shutter items for stepwise and complete. There is also an option to get and set the precise position in percentage. To set percentage of shutter, use idp0003. To receive notification, use odp0002.

Illumination Alarm
Free@Home heather station supports an illumination alarm when brightness exceeds a threshold for a certain time. You can read that as OnOFF (1/0) switch from ch0000, odp0000 of the weather station.

Similar should work for rain and wind but I did not need that so far. In case there is interest, I can also figure out channels and IDs for that.

Channel ID of wired Dimmer
I have wired dimmers. They use not channel ch0000 as preconfigured but ch0003 is the channel working here.

Let me know if I can help somewhere with development or coding.

Appreciate your input. For reference, there are also modifications/additions to other things than room thermostats (compared to marketplace binding), e.g. touch panels (room thermostats), motion detectors, window sensors/binary switch, virtual switch, heating actuator state etc.

Will have a look at your tips when I find time, so see my initial comments/questions:

There is already a percentage channel operating under idp0002/odp0001, enabling precise percentage position for up/down movement. Would assume your are referring to exact shutter position? I myself only have zip screens, no shutters, so I am not able to test the feature.

Illumination Alarm
Could you elaborate around the use case for this feature? WouldnĀ“t this also be handled using openHAB timer rules?

I myself have wired dimmers, working under ch0003. Even though ch0000 is set as default, the correct channel (ch0003) is automatically set as part of discovery service.

Hello Kjoglum,

sorry for the delay, you find the answers below:

You are right. idp0002/odp0001 is percentage of absolute position, idp0003/odp0002 is percentage of shutter position.

Illumination Alarm
Also here, you are completely right. You can provide exactly the same functionality with timers. My ā€œepicā€ consists of two use cases:
a) Open and close shutters at dust and dawn is configured directly in the free@home system. In case of illumination alarm, raffstores are lifted into a ā€œsun protection positionā€ (something like 90% and 20% shutter).
b) Sun protection over the day is configured in openhab, because the logic becomes too complex for free@home. I want that the same threshold and delays are used for both use cases.
By using the illumination alarm as trigger, I only have one control point (free@home access point) where I have to configure the illumination threshold and delays.

Hmm, ok. When I configured the first dimmer thing, I am quite sure that ch000 was configured. But it could also be that I messed something up.

Let me know if I can help you. I did not contribute for openhab bindings so far, but should not be so difficult.

Best, Lui

Hi @kjoglums. Currently I get an error trying to get the binding running again:

free@home: 2.5.2
openhab: 2.5.7-1

2020-07-27 08:27:22.042 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'freeathome:bridge:cf0a926b' changed from INITIALIZING to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): rocks.xmpp.core.session.Module: Provider rocks.xmpp.websocket.net.client.WebSocketModule not a subtype

Even restarting the binding via karaf does not help! Were there any changes on the subtype of websocket xmpp?

No changes, so would recommend trying additional binding restarts (karaf). Also try OH reboot.

If no success, try cleaning cache etc.

Hi,

first of all let me thank all forum members and especially Stian for the excellent work you are all doing, With the addon and help of this forum, I was able to put together a mildly complex freeathome-setup (raffstores only).

I am also interested in using the ā€œset/get shutter percentage-featureā€. Iā€™ve built a bulky workaround which is clumsy and error prone (lots of sleep-statementsā€¦), and now I understand that these parameters can be set or read by using idp0003/odp0002. I just do not know how to use them. Would it be possibe to provide a simple example? Or will they be integrated in a future version of the addon?

Thanks again, keep up the good work, and best regards
Tim

@TimH, @LuiSauberhorn,
I have now tried to implement the feature for set/get shutter percentage (idp0003/odp0002) into a new version of the binding:
org.openhab.binding.freeathome-2.5.8-SNAPSHOT.jar

Feel free to test the new version, and report back any issues (would require redefining your shutters to be able to implement the new feature).

Really cool! Thanks but your Link gives me a Tibber jar? wrong naming or wrong path?

Try once again with the link above.

Thanks, Stian, for the updated binding.

However, I am somehow lostā€¦,After upgrading the binding, the bridge comes online and so does the weatherstation (so the binding and the communiction with the sys ap do work), but all the raffstore switches come online and immediatey go offline (ā€œuninitialized - handler_initializing_errorā€). Iā€™ve cleaned the cache and rebootet the openhab-system multiple times, and as I said, in principle the binding and the bridge seem to work.

he bridge is configurd in a textfile, the waetherstation and the raffstore switches via the Paper UI.

What did I miss or what did I do wrong?

Thanks for your support and kind regards,
Tim

As mentioned in the update post, you would need to redefine your raffstore things due to the new channel link introduced. Meaning, delete/recreate things in Paper UI.

Excellent, works like a charm! Thanks a lot!
Tim

1 Like

Hi,

with idp0003 and odp0002 no function for me.
Device type = B001

Setting slats by BJ APP here I can control the position.

Note that this is a feature only valid for shutters:

And have you tried deleting raffstore thing / cleaning cache etc / create new raffstore thing (autodiscovery)?