Busch-Jaeger Free@Home

@ruebox
Thanks for the new update and your continued work! I tested everything and commented in github.

Cheers

@Lucurus: Thanks for the update. I commented on github … let us switch to github for discussing the technical issues? What do you think?

@ruebox Sounds great!

@ruebox Thank you so much for developing the binding. I have now switched from HASS to OpenHAB and tested alpha3 as well as the current branch state of the binding. Both work very well, awesome!
However, there is a 2/1-sensor/actuator, which is not recognised. I will take a look into it and give feedback via github.

Just be curious: how are bindings integrated into the main add-on branch? Do there have to be done certain testing? Let me know, if I can help.

@xlrx Great that the binding is well working for you … this is for what it is made for :slight_smile:

Regarding 2/1 sensor/actor: The easiest way it to enable “Debug logging” by removing and readding the bridge within openhab. Afterwards, you can generate a new issues on ruebox@github with appending the getall.xml and referring the serial number of the device. I will try to integrate it afterwards.

Regarding main-branch: At least to my experience, the integration of binding pull-requests takes some while due to time constraints, but also the requested high quality of the code (what I highly appreciate for openhab :wink:
In order to accelerate the availability within openhab, I plan to publish the binding via eclipse marketplace in the next month. Then, you could install the binding via PaperUI directly …

2 Likes

Just an idea: is it possible to simulate openHAB items as B/J-sensors, and post XMPP updates? For example, to integrate a Z-Wave window sensor into the SysAP?

Another question: did someone test a wireless thermostat?

FreeAtHome Binding v1.0.0-alpha @ Eclipse Marketplace

I am happy to announce that I have just published my latest version of the freeathome binding @ eclipse marketplace.

Please follow the installation instructions:

• Activate Eclipse Marketplace in openhab with Majurity Level: Alpha
  • Install binding: Addons -> Bindings -> FreeAtHome -> Install
  • Add freeathome bridge
  • Start discovery

The binding is marked as alpha however, it is already tested by the various supporters and contributors. Thanks to you all.

Have fun and please report new issues via ruebox@github. Pull requests are also welcome.

Hi @ruebox,

frist of all thanks for your great work. Do you still working on this binding?

I’m very interested in integrate my free@home motion sensors and door/window sensors in openhab.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi,

currently I do not further enhance the binding as all my stuff is properly working.
However, I am happy to support in case of questions. If it is simply added new Ids I think I could effort this.
Just checkout the code on github and send my the ids …

Best,
Rüdiger

Hi,

at the moment I missing following Ids.

2042 universal detector
1008 motion sensor with out actuator
2039 wireless 1/1 sensor/dimmer

I don’t know if they are simple to add. But it would be very great if you can add this Ids.

Many thanks in advance,

Hi,
Is it possible to add the following wireless item?
Dummy_2-fach_2039_ABB700CB51AC ?
This is a 2 times actor.

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure if this thread is still alive, but choose to try my luck.

Just recently moved into our newbuild house where we opted for the ABB (BJ) Free@Home. We have chosen a quite extensive setup (wired only) having several switch actuators (central), dimmer actuators (central), switch sensors/actuators, dimmer sensors/actuators, motion detectors, Weather station, Welcome M etc. Have also linked F@H with some Philips HUE lights and several Sonos speakers.

Very happy with the system, and also find the control system quite intuitive. However, find the system limited wrt event/actions (if/then) and communication with 3rd party equipment.

New to API / OpenHAB, but I am considering the option to create a more open environment. So I do have a couple of noob questions:

In order to get started, will the guide explained here be sufficient (Eclipse Market Addon) in order to communicate with F@H, or will the sstadlberger approach also be needed?

And will the API / bindings enable use of IFTTT (event/actions)?

Hi, the guide is enough, no third-party modules are needed.
The connection to IFTTT is not handled by the module but by OpenHab itself. The module simply publishes the devices to OpenHab. Please find more information here: https://www.openhab.org/docs/ecosystem/ifttt/

Appreciate your quick response, believe I will follow the OpenHab approach for my F@H setup to have parallel options for home control.

I need to expand my knowledge (do not have any experience with OpenHab / smart home programming in general). Is it required to have OpenHab running on a server connected to the network 24/7 (Raspberry or similar), or is it easy to use on an iMac for instance (intermittent on/off), and rely on cloudbase connection?

No worries.

Yes, the program should run on a server, because everything is handled locally, there is no “cloud” where the “intelligence” runs. OpenHab can certainly connect to the internet, but does everything locally.

Getting along with the Free@Home / Openhab configuration, now running openhabian on Raspberry Pi 3 b+. Have successfully installed the FreeAtHome binding and have discovered most of my F@H devices. Have also moved over from PaperUI to VS Code to manually re-generate items list and sitemap etc.

However, struggle a bit with my motion detectors as I want to use these in rules based on actual trigger state. I have 2 ea detectors with actuator and 1 ea detector without actuator, none of which are directly wired to lights as I have wall switch/panel in addition which are wired directly to the lights (I have been using the detectors in event/actions to activate lights in te F@H wired bus system).

With the @ruebox binding, all my detectors are discovered as “Switch” with one Channel, i.e. ON/OFF. However, no reference of my motion detectors (DetectorID) is presented in the event log, even when actually triggering the detectors with movement. I.e. no reference on state change (detector triggered).

From PaperUI Control, I got some physical switches for the detectors, and when pressing these I get DetectorID ON/OFF, however no response on the light itself. When triggering the motion detectors/light by actual motion, the log will only show WallswitchID_dimmer_switch changed from OFF to ON and WallswitchID_dimmer_value changed from X to Y, but nothing about the state of the motion detector (DetectorID ON/OFF, OPEN/CLOSE, 0/1).

And the state of the detectors must be there (as the light is switched on by means of actual motion), the channel just not being discovered by the binding…? I want to create rules for the detectors, whereas I want to trigger light with motion with a timer (loop) to shut off, but also have the option to override detector with the wall switch.

Any help?

Hi,

first of all, many thanks for your work. Much appreciated.

I have openhab running on my RPI3 and it works well. For months I’ve been working with openhab and testing many bindings.

Also the freeathome binding. I installed it via the eclipse-market (alpha branch).

The discovery shows me scenes, shutters (2/1) (raffstore switch), light-groups (switch) and thermostats. All non-wireless.

I would be happy if I can help you @ruebox to discover more actuators, time-programs and so on. I have about 50 actuators. You also can contact me directly (y)

I have

• Actuators 1/1, 2/1, 2/2 (wired)
  • Actuators 1/1 (wireless)
  • Roller shutter switch (2/1)
  • thermostats
    (- soon also window detectors)

I have a second openhab installed in a virtual environment to test some features. But I still don’t understand how I get about debugging the dummies to the channels and further information. channelID and so on.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Cologne
phil

@ruebox please help me!

I am adding all my devices manually for weeks and a few hours ago I updated my sysAP to v2.2.4 and now the bridge is not working anymore… No connection to the sysAP anymore…

Error in Logfile:

2019-02-25 21:26:51.560 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.freeathome.handler.FreeAtHomeSwitchHandler@1c267f6’: null

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.freeathome.handler.FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler.setDataPoint(FreeAtHomeBridgeHandler.java:205) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.freeathome.handler.FreeAtHomeSwitchHandler.handleCommand(FreeAtHomeSwitchHandler.java:67) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy145.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [213:org.openhab.binding.freeathome:1.0.0.201806011929]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

I hope you’re able to fix that in the near future. Please let me know if and how I can help you.
Thanks in advanced,
phil

@phil2 I tested the binding with FW 2.1. and have it running very stable.
For now, I do not know what is the difference between the two FW versions.

What we could do is the following: just support me in reverse engineering the new FW. Please checkout the following thread from my GitHub

It roughly describes how to get the necessary addresses.just sent me the dogged data. I would then checkout the data and provide you feedback if it would be feasible to adapt.

The binding can only change and report values that are also present / depicted in the sysap web interface. I do not have a motion sensor, but I would assume that it is not reporting its status. Is this correct?
Best