CANCELLED - Smart Home Day 2020 - Celebrating 10 Years of openHAB!

UPDATE: SMART HOME DAY HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO CORONA VIRUS

All,

You might have read here in the forum or here on Twitter that openHAB has its 10th birthday these days. We would love to meet our community and celebrate together!

For this reason, the openHAB Foundation organizes another Smart Home Day this year - to be precise, on Saturday, May 16th. We are very happy that we have the city of Solingen as our co-organizer, so that you have the chance to also learn about smart city topics the evening before (on May 15).

shd

Please find details about the event at https://smarthomeday.eventbrite.com/ - this is also the place, where we would like to ask you to register. The event is free of charge (both days), but if you register for it, it will help us for the planning, so please do so.

For everybody, who needs a hotel for the night: We have a contingent reserved for you at the Novum Hotel Solingen City, which is very conveniently located. The room rate is 69 €. If you want to book it, please use this form and send it directly to the hotel.

Note that our agenda is not yet final - we are still working on it. If you think you have something wonderful to share and want to present it at the event, please DM me and we can see how it fits.

It would be awesome to meet many of you in May in Solingen!

15 Likes

I Wish i could come , have fun all !

1 Like

Awesome that Openhab is having it’s 10th birthday! Solingen is a bit far for me, so I was wondering if there will be a livestream or video of the presentations?

1 Like

It is planned to record the sessions, but I cannot promise anything yet.

2 Likes

I used to live in Solingen until January this year, and now moved to the south. That timing :rofl:

2 Likes

All,

I am very sorry to inform you that we won’t do the Smart Home Day in May - as you can guess, this is due to the Corona virus and the public health measures that are suggested and enforced.
We discussed it with the City of Solingen and came to the conclusion that it is highly unlikely that the situation will be back to normal in May.

We tentatively plan to move our event to autumn, but it will take a while before we can go into any planning for that.

I hope for your understanding and wish you all to stay safe and virus-free!

Regards,
Kai

9 Likes

wise decision @Kai (and Team)! I am happy to talk about the history of openHAB in autumn, too :wink: !

4 Likes

Maybe it is worth to consider a online session? This could be done in partnership with some of web conferencing tools/providers who can handle 100+ participants online.

Cheers, Ɓukasz

3 Likes

Wise decision!
I will still celebrate all the effort and all work done over the years by all the amazing contributors! If there is no meeting I will celebrate by myself. And so should anyone involved over the years. If there is an on-line event I will try to participate. I do have virus protection installed on my Mac. :smiley:

2 Likes

New Timer rule added.
When bathroom light turned on

If turned off in under 1 minute

Alexa announcement “get your filthy arse back in the bathroom and wash your hands properly”

And if you haven’t done so already invest in a video doorbell of some description.

#Staysafe

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.