Cannot set custom position to Aeotec Nano Shutter

Hi folks,

Sorry if this post may sounds as a duplicate, I’ve followed up on an existing topic about this issue, but since it’s old, I wonder if it’s still followed.

I’ve bought an Aeotec Nano Shutter a few days ago and cannot set any position value between 0 and 100. Any value (ie. 67) that inputed get reverted to 100.

Here’s my actual config:
• Aeotec Nano Shutter.
• OpenHAB 2.5.0.M2 (Also tried today’s Snapshot) running on a Mac mini.
• Paper UI with Thing channel: “Blinds Control” linked to my item.
• I clocked my roller shutter and set the “35: Moving time left to right” value to 15.

Actual result:
• When inputting a value in the position field of the Blinds Control in Control View, it gets reseted to 100 after a very quick delay. Same behavior using the deprecating Dimmer, or by sending direct command (ie.: myNanoShutter.sendCommand(67)

Expected result
• After inputting a value (by any method), the shutter should move up or down to it’s target position and keep the value.

I may be completely wrong, but looks like OpenHAB is only showing the fully opened or closed values (100 or 0), and not the current/Target value. Could it be?

Thanks in advance for unblinding me.

Would you tell us about your Item type, and show events.log excerpt to complete the picture.

1 Like

@Tazintosh please provide the device details. I am going through correcting issues, usually missing pieces, in our device database. I thought I was done with Aeotec though.

Also what OpenHAB version? Our zwave developer strongly recommends 2.5M2 or snapshot bi ding but the newer binding can be used with some older OH versions.

Thanks for your replies guys.

@rossko57 Item type is “Rollershutter”
Event log of while doing the following on the Control view:

1. Clicked Down symbol

2. Clicked Stop symbol

3. Clicked Up symbol

4. Inputted 67 (no shutter movement, value is switched back to 100 after less than a sec.)

2019-08-28 12:20:43.531 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_Workshop’ received command DOWN
    2019-08-28 12:20:43.536 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Shutter_Workshop predicted to become DOWN
    2019-08-28 12:20:45.085 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_Workshop changed from 100 to 0
    2019-08-28 12:20:47.506 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_Workshop’ received command STOP
    2019-08-28 12:20:50.286 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_Workshop’ received command UP
    2019-08-28 12:20:50.294 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Shutter_Workshop predicted to become UP
    2019-08-28 12:20:51.837 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_Workshop changed from 0 to 100
    2019-08-28 12:20:59.973 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_Workshop’ received command 67
    2019-08-28 12:20:59.981 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Shutter_Workshop predicted to become 67
    2019-08-28 12:21:00.010 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_Workshop changed from 100 to 67
    2019-08-28 12:21:01.540 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_Workshop changed from 67 to 100

@Bruce_Osborne As far as I know, device was discovered as “Nano Shutter Controller ZW141” using the Z-Wave Binding. My Controller is an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
My Openhab version is 2.50M2 (was described on my post), I’ve also tested with Snapshot.

Just for explanation, the “predicted” events and subsequent “changed” come from openHAB autoupdate feature, i.e. internal to openHAB.
If the binding later gets an update from the device, if it agrees with what autupdate has already done then we don’t see any “changed” event. (updates to the same value are not normally logged)

In the “67” case, autoupdate changes to 67 but a second later the binding changes to 100.
So the root of the problem is unexpected data from binding/device.
Or rather, from what you are saying, the blind moves to unexpected position and reports that correctly?

If you updated binding version, you should really delete your thing and rediscover it new to pick up any changes.

Please can you provide a debug log - the events log you’ve provided is really of little use for debugging unfortunately.

I’ve just removed my thing and rediscovered it.
(I’m running snapshot btw).
No changes. The behavior stays the same :frowning:

Give me a few time, need to look how to do this, looks like a debug.log doesn’t exist by default.

The documentation is always a good reference -:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s what I was reading indeed :slight_smile:
Here’s the debug log of the “67” action only:
Hope that’s help.
debug.log (102.8 KB)

The database entry for that device was last updated & exported on August 4. The snapshot would have the latest for sure, if you deleted & re-added the Thing.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/912

I’ve installed from scratch the snapshot 2 days ago.

1 Like

The log shows that the binding is doing what it’s asked -:

The command is being sent correctly to set the value to 67%, but when queried the device is saying it is at 99%. I’m not sure if there is a calibration routine etc that needs to be run (often there is on shutter controllers) but I would suggest to read through the manual to see what configuration parameters might be available.

grafik
It looks to me like the basic flag is the problem.

1 Like

That looks like a mistake I missed when I when back & checked. Thanks for catching that @sihui.

Just to make sure guys, I’ve just removed and readded both the Z-Stick and the Nano Shutter: Issue persists.

Why? I personally don’t see any issue with this - it’s certainly not contributing to the issue I presented above from the log as there is no BASIC command received.

1 Like

Okay, then disregard :sunglasses:

These are the available documentations:
https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/6000233345

I’ve also written an email yesterday to Aeotec, waiting for an answer.

Okay, we will read it for you :grimacing:
Did you try changing config parameter 80?