Cant connect Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee to OH using BitronVideo Coordinator

Oh - it seems i occupied a wrong chat :blush:

I saw, that @ibimms had the same issue Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee Thermostat again. In the screenshot there are also no options.
Strange thing: After a system reboot I saw this options for a short time. But now they are gone again.
Event if the logs look fine, after changing my Systemmode neither the value for System Mode changed nor the physical device changes.

Ok, but I can unfortunately only go on what I see in the log and that looks ok - certainly the device is responding fine and the binding is sending what you have set. Can you provide a log showing you changing the values?

You are right! Changes at the device don’t take effect in OH. Only the other direction.

Looking at the description, that is in fact correct. This is a read only channel.

Here is the according events.logevents.log (440 Bytes)

@chris take a look at Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee Thermostat again

1. communication is only unidirectional
  2. systemmode cannot be changed

Versions:

openhab> list | grep -i zigbee
204 x Active   x  80 x 1.3.0                   x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
205 x Active   x  80 x 1.3.0                   x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console
206 x Active   x  80 x 1.3.0                   x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.console.ember
207 x Active   x  80 x 1.3.0                   x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531
208 x Active   x  80 x 1.3.0                   x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember
209 x Active   x  80 x 1.3.0                   x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis
210 x Active   x  80 x 1.3.0                   x com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.xbee
225 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.3                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Binding
226 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.3                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee CC2531 Bridge
227 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.3                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Console
228 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.3                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Console Ember
229 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.3                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Ember Bridge
230 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.3                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Telegesis Bridge
231 x Active   x  80 x 2.5.3                   x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee XBee Bridge

How do i activate debug for items with spaces in name (i.e. “openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZigBee Binding”) ?

Are you talking about the System Mode or the temperature?

There are no spaces in the binding name. Please see the binding documentation.

Temperature - @ibimms said he was changing the temperature - this isn’t possible as it’s read only. From memory you can only change the setpoints.

Maybe we got out of sync with the three way discussion.

I also meant setpoint - sorry for my bad English.
If I change the setpoint directly at the physical device the value does not change in OH.

I believe it should - maybe the initialisation did not complete, but it’s hard for me to be sure. You could do a device reconfiguration to see if that helps.

Thanks @Ratimer, bad english here as well :wink:

From my point of view we have only two problems:

1. communication is unidirectional - changing “occupied heating setpoint” manually on the device does not show up in OH
  2. system mode cannot be changed in OH - seems to be readonly

How do I do a device reconfiguration?
Is it Initialize device in the configuration page of PaperUI?

Please try a device reinitialisation. If it fails, please provide a log showing what happens.

It was being set in the log I saw from @Ratimer. The device acked the message - it looked fine.

Yes.

It did not help.
By the way: I have several Spirit Zigbee devices, and all behave the same.

Please provide the log as I asked - I’m sorry for being a pain, but I can’t at all do anything when the only information I have is “it doesn’t work”.

This has been tested by multiple people, so we need to work out why it’s not working here. I’m not sure I can help much more at the moment.

1 Like

Yes, sure - sorry
Initialize device.log (30.5 KB)

Reinitialisation did not change anything.
Still unidirectional.

openhab.log (759.3 KB)

The configuration looks fine to me. The binding and reporting are set by the binding, and acknowledged by the device.