Can't get Elelabs zigbee stick to come online after system shutdown

ok, thank you for the quick analysis. The COM Port is correct. So I will try to tweak with the speeds etc. Do you know if there is any other software which I could use on Windows to see if the stick is somehow responding?

I think the speed is correct for this firmware, but if it’s not, really the only other option that’s likely is 57k6.

I don’t tend to use Windows so can’t really help there. The interface is binary though so things like terminal won’t work as you won’t be able to send a correctly formatted frame to solicit a response.

I played around with all the parameters, but no success…

Well, I just tested it on a Raspi now to make sure that it is not the stick hardware itself. On the raspi the stick works fine with the Ember default parameters (115.2k etc.).
I am really wondering if anybody in this wide world has a Zigbee stick up and running with OH on Windows??

OpenHAB serial ports work just fine with Windows, so I’m sure there is no problem at all there.

I know, I am using a number of bindings which make use of the COM ports (e.g. your Z-Wave binding). It is probably a driver issue. So far I already tried the bitronvideo stick and now the Elelabs stick, both not usable with Windows…

There must be something wrong with your configuration - sorry. I’ve certainly tested this on Windows - I have a headless system that I use for testing with a SmartMeter for some customers, and I use this also for a sniffer - this uses exactly the same software as used in the OH binding and it works fine.

Thinking about this some more, I’d be really very surprised if no-one is using the ZigBee binding under Windows :wink: . Windows is quite a common OS, and ZigBee is quite a popular binding, and I be very surprised if no-one has really tried the ZigBee binding under Windows at least once or twice in the past few years :slight_smile:

I agree, but I Tested already on 3 different Windows machines (although they are all running Windows 10 with recent Patch level). I tested with Oracle Java and Zulu, I tested with OH 2.5.7 und 2.5.9 release…
So far not functional. And I searched a lot of old forum posts, and I found NO ONE ever confirming that it works on Windows (but a lot of Raspi/Linux-Users who are not sure if this will work on Windows).
However, I just started with Zigbee, so hopefully I am missing something…but as I already use several other bindings successfully I am really puzzled that Zigbee already starts struggling with the integration of the stick/coordinator in a Windows envrionment…

Perhaps I should start a new topic and ask if anyone is running Zigbee in Windows environment…

For sure, I’ve tested, and am regularly using, the zigbee libraries under Windows. The binding is effectively the same functionality.

Here’s one that looks like uses Windows, and also with the Ember chipset. This post is from 10 days ago -:

Ok, I missed this one. However the guy is using a HUSBZB-1 stick (US-model that combines Z-Wave und Zigbee). I tried the Bitron Video and the Elelabs ELU013.
As I live in Germany, the US stick is no real option (and not available in any online shops as it seems to be discontinued). So it might be the stick model.

Another difference is that I tried to include the stick via PaperUI while in the Post a textual config file is used. Might this make a difference?

Which stick do you use when you are doing your testing in a Windows environment? Then I will order this stick also. Thank you for all the help!

Dear Vossivossi,

I had the zigbee stick bitron video running on my system, but very unstable.

So I decided to buy a philips hue for all my light stuff and replaced this usb dongle.

As I do not have further zigbee devices, I am satisfied with this solution.

The bitron I can not recommend, because sometimes my whole pc system stopped working even if the usb stick was not in operation…

Ottoson

Thank you for that post. So you had the stick running in a Windows environment? Where did you get the drivers from? The bitron video stick is not recognized on my Windows 10 machine and I cannot find any drivers in the internet:
grafik

Which driver did you use on Windows 10?

This is the SAME chipset fundamentally. The binding treats it EXACTLY the same - ie absolutely NO difference. The only difference possibly is the driver in Windows, but that is not related to the binding.

I use a number of devices - not sticks that you can order - EFR32 based mostly, but also some of the older chipsets.

I know that it also doesn’t work on the Mac since the BV uses non-standard USD product IDs. I don’t know if it works on Windows or not though.

That however should not be an issue with the Elelabs that you’re using.

Thank you for the clarification of the chipset. Actually I do not blame the binding, I am sure it is a Windows driver issue.

No, it is even only displayed as unknown device in Windows device manager.