Chamberlain MyQ Binding

Thanks for all your work, but I still can’t get it to work. I am on the latest 2.5 snapshot. Is there any way you could post the 2.4 binding for me to test? Thanks.

I am also not yet able to connect - it looks the the api url is wrong - i get a similar error.

Could not connect to MyQ service
java.io.IOException: Request Failed: Unknown resonse

I am having the same problem.
Can’t connect to the myq hub.
Please see below, I’m sorry if I’m not following the fencing rules properly:
openhab log
e.com". Illegal domain attribute “.api.myqdevice.com”. Domain of origin: “api.myqdevice.com

2019-10-27 18:25:38.405 [ERROR] [nhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding] - Could not connect to MyQ service
java.io.IOException: Request Failed: Unknown resonse at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:282) ~[314:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.getMyqData(MyqData.java:123) ~[314:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]
at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding.poll(MyqBinding.java:205) [314:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]
at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding.access$0(MyqBinding.java:197) [314:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]
at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding$1.run(MyqBinding.java:388) [314:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

I put the binding in the addons folder and then added ‘myq1’ to adding.cfg. I see in PaperUI that the binding is installed. But it says that the items cannot be parsed correctly and then null response from myq server.

I am sure you will need more info to troubleshoot so please let me know what I can provide you.

2019-10-28 20:54:47.613 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'myq' of item 'GarageDoorOnline' could not be parsed correctly.

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqGenericBindingProvider.parseBindingConfig(MyqGenericBindingProvider.java:90) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqGenericBindingProvider.processBindingConfiguration(MyqGenericBindingProvider.java:68) ~[?:?]

2019-10-28 20:54:47.632 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'myq' of item 'GarageDoorDeviceId' could not be parsed correctly.

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqGenericBindingProvider.parseBindingConfig(MyqGenericBindingProvider.java:90) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqGenericBindingProvider.processBindingConfiguration(MyqGenericBindingProvider.java:68) ~[?:?]

2019-10-28 20:54:47.651 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'myq' of item 'GarageDoorDeviceType' could not be parsed correctly.

2019-10-28 20:54:47.676 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'myq' of item 'GarageDoorSerialNumber' could not be parsed correctly.

2019-10-28 20:54:47.702 [thome.event.ExtensionEvent] - Extension 'binding-myq1' has been installed.

2019-10-28 20:56:37.346 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'myq' of item 'GarageDoorSwitch' could not be parsed correctly.

2019-10-28 20:57:37.473 [ERROR] [nhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding] - Could not connect to MyQ service

java.io.IOException: Null response from MyQ server

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:247) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.login(MyqData.java:138) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:277) ~[?:?]

Hi @scooter_seh are you currently working on 2.4? Any ETA? Thinking of waiting to just download and install 2.4 from PAPERUI instead of this option now as it is giving me errors and the garage is not connecting somehow.

To add to this, in the Kara console I see 2 myq bindings active even though there is 1 in my adding folder. Did I install the binding incorrectly?

My guess is that you installed one from the PaperUI and then copied the new binding to the addons folder. If that is the case you should delete the one from the addon folder, then using the PaperUI remove the other one. Restart Openhab and copy the new binding to the addon folder. Please post if you can then connect as it looks like some people are having issues getting the new binding to work.

I did what you said and confirmed in the Karaf console that only one binding is loaded (the 20191022 version).

I am still getting the error ‘null response form myq server’.

I still have my old myq.cfg file that has remained unchanged from when i had the previous version of this binding. Do i need to update that in any way?

I have several items from the old binding and i know i need to change the ‘{myq=0}’ to either my serial number or the item name in the myq app. Do I do this for all my myq items? I have tried changing them all to the SN all to the name, just the GarageDoorSwitch to the SN and then the name, etc. Nothing seems to work. See below copy of my old items file and let me know what changes need to be made.

Switch GarageDoorSwitch "Garage Door Open" <garagedoor> (PersistGarage) {myq="0"}
Contact GarageDoorContact "Garage Door [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0"}
String GarageDoorString "Garage Door [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0"}
Rollershutter GarageDoorShutterDummy "Garage Door Open" <garagedoor> 
Rollershutter GarageDoorShutter "Garage Door Open" <garagedoor> {myq="0"} 
String GarageDoorCustomerName "Garage Door Name [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#customerName"}
String GarageDoorDesc "Garage Door Desc [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#desc"}
String GarageDoorOnline "Garage Door Online [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#online"}
String GarageDoorDeviceId "Garage Door Device Id [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#MyQDeviceId"}
String GarageDoorDeviceType "Garage Door DeviceType [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#MyQDeviceTypeName"}
String GarageDoorSerialNumber "Garage Door SerialNumber [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="0#SerialNumber"}

Updated log file:

2019-10-29 12:12:51.217 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/GarageDoorShutter] {item=GarageDoorShutter, bridgemarker=true, command=UP, timestamp=1572365125813} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler}={service.id=449, service.bundleid=271, service.scope=bundle, refresh=30000, component.name=org.openhab.binding.myq.binding, component.id=279, timeout=25000, password=PASSWORD, quickrefresh=2000, event.topics=openhab/command/*, username=USERNAME, appId=NWknvuBd7LoFHfXmKNMBcgajXtZEgKUh4V7WNzMidrpUUluDpVYVZx+xT4PCM5Kx, service.pid=org.openhab.myq} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.myq_1.14.0.201910221119 [271])]

java.lang.StackOverflowError: null

at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:102) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.ReflectiveOperationException.<init>(ReflectiveOperationException.java:89) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.<init>(InvocationTargetException.java:72) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor1.newInstance(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:?]

at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1595) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:236) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:164) ~[?:?]

at java.security.Security.getImpl(Security.java:737) ~[?:?]

at java.security.MessageDigest.getInstance(MessageDigest.java:167) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.x509.X509CertImpl.getFingerprint(X509CertImpl.java:1947) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.util.AnchorCertificates.contains(AnchorCertificates.java:93) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.AlgorithmChecker.checkFingerprint(AlgorithmChecker.java:214) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.AlgorithmChecker.<init>(AlgorithmChecker.java:164) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:177) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:141) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.engineValidate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:80) ~[?:?]

at java.security.cert.CertPathValidator.validate(CertPathValidator.java:292) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doValidate(PKIXValidator.java:357) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:259) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:262) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:327) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:226) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:132) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1621) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:223) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1037) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:965) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1064) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1367) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:750) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:123) ~[?:?]

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82) ~[?:?]

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:506) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2114) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1096) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:201) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:134) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:238) ~[?:?]

All the “#” attribute type items do not work anymore, you will have to remove them.

Thanks for the clarification. I have deleted all other items. My items file looks like this now. I have also tried putting my serial number in there and get the same result.

Switch GarageDoorSwitch "Garage Door Open" <garagedoor> (PersistGarage) {myq="home"}
Contact GarageDoorContact "Garage Door [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="home"}
String GarageDoorString "Garage Door [%s]" <garagedoor> {myq="home"} 
Rollershutter GarageDoorShutter "Garage Door Open" <garagedoor> {myq="home"} 

Below is a screenshot from the MyQ app:

When i change the state of the GarageDorrSwitch or the GarageDoorShutter, i see the change in the logs but nothing happens. Then, about a minute or 2 later this message comes up in the logs:

2019-10-29 14:54:17.068 [WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/GarageDoorShutter] {item=GarageDoorShutter, bridgemarker=true, command=UP, timestamp=1572374513728} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler}={service.id=449, service.bundleid=271, service.scope=bundle, refresh=30000, component.name=org.openhab.binding.myq.binding, component.id=279, timeout=25000, password=PASSWORD, quickrefresh=2000, event.topics=openhab/command/*, username=USERNAME, appId=NWknvuBd7LoFHfXmKNMBcgajXtZEgKUh4V7WNzMidrpUUluDpVYVZx+xT4PCM5Kx, service.pid=org.openhab.myq} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.myq_1.14.0.201910221119 [271])]

java.lang.StackOverflowError: null

at java.util.regex.Pattern$SliceI.match(Pattern.java:3994) ~[?:?]

at java.util.regex.Pattern$Branch.match(Pattern.java:4606) ~[?:?]

at java.util.regex.Pattern$Start.match(Pattern.java:3463) ~[?:?]

at java.util.regex.Matcher.search(Matcher.java:1248) ~[?:?]

at java.util.regex.Matcher.find(Matcher.java:637) ~[?:?]

at java.util.regex.Pattern.split(Pattern.java:1209) ~[?:?]

at java.util.regex.Pattern.split(Pattern.java:1273) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.util.AlgorithmDecomposer.decomposeImpl(AlgorithmDecomposer.java:59) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.util.AlgorithmDecomposer.decompose(AlgorithmDecomposer.java:86) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLAlgorithmDecomposer.decompose(SSLAlgorithmDecomposer.java:249) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.util.AbstractAlgorithmConstraints.checkAlgorithm(AbstractAlgorithmConstraints.java:95) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.util.DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.permits(DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.java:110) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.util.DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.checkConstraints(DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.java:198) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.util.DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.permits(DisabledAlgorithmConstraints.java:127) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLAlgorithmConstraints.permits(SSLAlgorithmConstraints.java:170) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.AlgorithmChecker.check(AlgorithmChecker.java:334) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.java:125) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:233) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.validate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:141) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.engineValidate(PKIXCertPathValidator.java:80) ~[?:?]

at java.security.cert.CertPathValidator.validate(CertPathValidator.java:292) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doValidate(PKIXValidator.java:357) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:259) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:262) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:327) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:226) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:132) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1621) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:223) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1037) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:965) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1064) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1367) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:750) ~[?:?]

at sun.security.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:123) ~[?:?]

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82) ~[?:?]

at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:506) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2114) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1096) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:201) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:134) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:238) ~[?:?]

Let me know any next steps that i can try.

I assume you already knew this but wanted to share it anyway. Im guessing its cause i deleted that item in the items file.

2019-10-29 15:01:21.257 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'GarageDoorSerialNumber' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text

2019-10-29 15:01:21.257 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'GarageDoorSerialNumber' for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text

I’m getting:

2019-10-29 19:54:52.672 [ERROR] [nhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding] - Could not connect to MyQ service

java.io.IOException: Could not parse response

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:286) ~[304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.login(MyqData.java:138) ~[304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.findAccount(MyqData.java:184) ~[304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.getAccountID(MyqData.java:207) ~[304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.getMyqData(MyqData.java:121) ~[304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding.poll(MyqBinding.java:205) [304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding.access$0(MyqBinding.java:197) [304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding$1.run(MyqBinding.java:388) [304:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

Caused by: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')

at [Source: java.io.StringReader@10ccd2e; line: 1, column: 2]

at org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParser._constructError(JsonParser.java:1432) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.JsonParserMinimalBase._reportError(JsonParserMinimalBase.java:385) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.JsonParserMinimalBase._reportUnexpectedChar(JsonParserMinimalBase.java:306) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.ReaderBasedParser._handleUnexpectedValue(ReaderBasedParser.java:1192) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.ReaderBasedParser.nextToken(ReaderBasedParser.java:479) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMapper.java:2761) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2709) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readTree(ObjectMapper.java:1533) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:252) ~[?:?]

... 14 more

With the newest 1.14 binding. I’m about to give up on MyQ and go with something else. Anybody have any ideas?

Chris - I think you’re having the same issue as described in Post 360. Turn on trace debugging to make sure. I’m having the same problem. 1.14 is using v5.1 myQ API and myQ only wants to talk on v5.

1 Like

Hi @scooter_seh, do you have this code in Git? Maybe someone else can help? I know we all do this on the side and not a priority for everyone but hopefully someone can put some time in to it? I am referring to the 2.4 version so we can install thru paper up and avoid dealing with console.

Sorry for all the posts but I just started getting this in the logs, Looks like what @cbaxter is getting

2019-10-29 20:35:38.235 [ERROR] [nhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding] - Could not connect to MyQ service

java.io.IOException: Could not parse response

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:286) ~[210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.login(MyqData.java:138) ~[210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.findAccount(MyqData.java:184) ~[210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.getAccountID(MyqData.java:207) ~[210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.getMyqData(MyqData.java:121) ~[210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding.poll(MyqBinding.java:205) [210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding.access$0(MyqBinding.java:197) [210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqBinding$1.run(MyqBinding.java:388) [210:org.openhab.binding.myq:1.14.0.201910221119]

Caused by: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParseException: Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null')

at [Source: java.io.StringReader@1dc05f70; line: 1, column: 2]

at org.codehaus.jackson.JsonParser._constructError(JsonParser.java:1432) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.JsonParserMinimalBase._reportError(JsonParserMinimalBase.java:385) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.JsonParserMinimalBase._reportUnexpectedChar(JsonParserMinimalBase.java:306) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.ReaderBasedParser._handleUnexpectedValue(ReaderBasedParser.java:1192) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.ReaderBasedParser.nextToken(ReaderBasedParser.java:479) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMapper.java:2761) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2709) ~[?:?]

at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readTree(ObjectMapper.java:1533) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.myq.internal.MyqData.request(MyqData.java:252) ~[?:?]

... 14 more

What else would you go to?

MyQ has started blocking certain “User-Agent” values and I think it broke the binding again.

First, thanks you for all your hard work on this binding. You can see how many people have benefitted from your work. Let us know if there is anything we can provide you to make your fix to this new issue easier!

1 Like

Is that the 1.14 binding or the 2.5 or both?

Both are currently not functioning

I’m looking at the Aeon Labs Garage Door Controller Gen5 or a Aideepen 4 Channel DC 5V Relay Module and wire them to the push button switch on the wall controller. The Aeon Labs controller has an audio and visual signal when operated so it meets code and adds that safety factor, but it’s $60. The Aideepen relay doesn’t but it’s only $15 for 4 relays. I would need to flash it with Tasmodo to control it through OpenhHAB. Either way I would get away from MyQ’s apparent opposition to the home automation hobbyist community as this isn’t the first time they broke the binding and most likely will not be the last.