Chamberlain MyQ Binding

Thanks, I was able to add a bridge in a things file and then used Paper UI to add the actual door opener “thing”. From there I was able to gather the info I needed for my .items file. I’d love to find a way to add the door opener into a .things file so I can eliminate using the database. Currently, this is the only device that is using the database in my setup.

this used to work for me but I am now getting the following error in the log file
I uninstalled the thing in paperUI and still getting this
any idea?

2020-11-30 20:26:28.665 [WARN ] [he.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] - Cookie rejected: “$Version=0; TS01dfdd0d=0190e2f72d08415396bc4a4715194d1d94f797688ffeaa8f7b301a024bce4a8b552d1709fa1bf62e7b4ea6df82a5ac4707109aa632; $Path=/; $Domain=.api.myqdevice.com”. Illegal domain attribute “.api.myqdevice.com”. Domain of origin: “api.myqdevice.com

2020-11-30 20:26:29.000 [WARN ] [he.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] - Cookie rejected: “$Version=0; TS01dfdd0d=0190e2f72dfdea013bf02faf2844caad233c75f2581483688bccc1d9bc9d6ab2d5ce41df5c2bdfd107dfb01009df3be421bb326ae2; $Path=/; $Domain=.api.myqdevice.com”. Illegal domain attribute “.api.myqdevice.com”. Domain of origin: “api.myqdevice.com

As a note for anyone on OH3, this binding can cause prolonged stop times in certain conditions. Mine takes about 2 minutes to stop with this binding loaded. About 20 seconds without it.

Has a PR been created for this to be officially reviewed and submitted yet? The code has worked for some time. It likely just needs some review to fix a few smal things up and be merged in.

Trying to uninstall this completely
did it through PaperUI, then deleted the Jar file under the /usr/share/openhab2/addons
after all this I am still getting the same error in the log file.

Illegal domain attribute “.api.myqdevice.com”. Domain of origin: “api.myqdevice.com

Hi Yoz,
Have you tried stopping the Openhab service, clearing the cache, and restarting?

thanks that did it
however my mqtt broker stopped responding to command to turn on/off light
not sure what happened when I cleared the cache

I sudo into the mosquitto.log file and I see these twe error lines below (192.168.1.71 is my wifi light switch that has tasmota on it)

New Connection from 192.168.1.71 on port 1883
Socket error on client , disconnecting

ok figured the socket error out but I am back to where the broker is not responding to the command

1607654698: New client connected from 192.168.1.70 as DVES_4EB9FB (c1, k15, u’openhabian’).
1607654803: Saving in-memory database to /var/lib/mosquitto/mosquitto.db.

Hi All, i just had my two garage doors replaced with new MyQ enabled Liftmasters this week, so i decided to write an OH3 binding to support them. Its been 3 or 4 years since i last looked at the previous bindings, so i just started this one from scratch based on using postman and probing the API’s . Its’ a first draft, but so far works well. I put support in there for lights, but since i don’t have one, can’t really test it, so if someone can turn on TRACE logging and send me the JSON response when running this, that would be great.

Last thing is that the polling is rather simple, it polls at the configured interval (default 60s) , but if you send a command, will poll faster for the next 30 seconds. State changes from MyQ won’t trigger faster polling at this point. The binding is not very large or complex, so trying to keep it that way if i can :slight_smile:

Jar (download to addons folder)
https://github.com/digitaldan/openhab-addons/releases/download/myq-wip-1/org.openhab.binding.myq-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

WIP

2 Likes

Thanks Dan, I have two light switches I can test it with. I know previously the “fast polling” would be trigger for lights and that would cause API timeout if you turned on the lights on & off too fast. in my code, I made it only poll once 3 sec later for lights.

Thats probably a better strategy then, I’ll look to add that when i have lights working, thanks!

Hello. Has anyone determined how to add a Garage Door thing in a .things file? I was able to add a Gateway thing as follows:

Bridge chamberlainmyq:MyQGateway:myqacct "MyQ Account" [username="email@address.com", password="mYpAsSwoRd"] {
}

I can then add a Garage Door thing through PaperUI, but literally everything else in my OH installation is done through text config files, which is great for when I need to upgrade or do a clean install. I’ve tried a few combinations (both inside and outside the curly brackets) for a Garage Door thing, but so far I haven’t had any luck. Any guidance would be great.

Hi all, if anyone could test the Jar on their OH3 system, and let me know how it goes, that would be great. I have not tested out lights yet, but at this point testing is the only thing stopping me from submitting this for review and inclusion into our distribution.

This is a new implementation, so configuration may be different than the other bindings in the thread. There is an updated readme with example items. I have not tested manual Thing configuration, but adding the account and letting the system discover devices works as expected. See the PR README for more examples:

Thanks.

2 Likes

Awesome! Dropping the new binary in now.

EDIT:
I’m not able to establish connection to the API service

2020-12-13 13:49:51.725 [TRACE] [q.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler] - Account Response - status: 200 content: {"SecurityToken":"REDACTED"}
2020-12-13 13:49:51.775 [TRACE] [q.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler] - Account Response - status: 200 content: {"Users":{REDACTED}
2020-12-13 13:49:51.826 [TRACE] [q.internal.handler.MyQAccountHandler] - Account Response - status: 404 content: {"code":"404.401","message":"Not Found","description":"Account not found."}

Is there a updated 2.5.x binary or just the 3.0.x one?

Best, Jay

All new bindings are against 3.0 , so there will not be a 2.5 binding unfortunately.

The latest version was updated as of 2pm PST yesterday and i hope is working smoothly. If anyone has a light they can test with as well that would be great.

Jar (download to addons folder)
https://github.com/digitaldan/openhab-addons/releases/download/myq-wip-1/org.openhab.binding.myq-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

1 Like

Is this the same from when we were looking at the user ID or is this newer?

Just tried out the 3.0.0 version with openhab 3.0.0 rc1. Discovery and operation worked great, no issues at all. Thanks again!

This contains the userId fix we discussed on the PR

Awesome, thanks for testing !