Channel Command Description Provider gives lot of errors

Seeing lot of lines in openhab.log like this:

2023-04-04 14:47:42.239 [ERROR] [al.ChannelCommandDescriptionProvider] - Dynamic command description matches original command description. DynamicCommandDescriptionProvider implementations must never return the original command description. class org.openhab.core.internal.types.CommandDescriptionImpl has to be fixed.

and have no idea what is wrong.
In fact, all is working as expected, I see no failure, so where to start to get this fixed?

Version is openHAB3.4.2, but pretty sure I saw this log lines in other Versions, too.

That’s a bug. Do you know which binding creates that?

No, no Idea. Is there a chance to track that down directly (i.e. without disabling each binding and look for no more messages)?

My Bindings are

3.4.2.202302121620  ConnectedCar Binding
3.1.0.202108062223  Danfoss Binding
3.4.2               Astro Binding
3.4.2               DWD Pollenflug Binding
3.4.2               DWD Unwetter Binding
3.4.2               Epson Projector Binding
3.4.2               Feed Binding
3.4.2               Fronius Binding
3.4.2               Home Connect Binding
3.4.2               HTTP Binding
3.4.2               IpCamera Binding
3.4.2               KNX Binding
3.4.2               MQTT Broker Binding
3.4.2               MQTT EspMilightHub
3.4.2               MQTT Things and Channels
3.4.2               MQTT HomeAssistant Convention
3.4.2               MQTT Homie Convention
3.4.2               Network Binding
3.4.2               Network UPS Tools Binding
3.4.2               NTP Binding
3.4.2               OpenWeatherMap Binding
3.4.2               SamsungTV Binding
3.4.2               Samsung Smartthings Binding
3.4.2               SqueezeBox Binding
3.4.2               VDR Binding
3.4.2               Yamaha Receiver Binding
3.4.2               Persistence Service :: InfluxDB
3.4.2               Persistence Service :: JDBC
3.4.2               Persistence Service :: RRD4j
3.4.2               Transformation Service :: JavaScript
3.4.2               Transformation Service :: JSonPath
3.4.2               Transformation Service :: Map
3.4.2               Transformation Service :: RegEx
3.4.2               Transformation Service :: Scale

(shortened the list by identical columns). I’ve already stoped the manually installed Addons (ConnectedCar & Danfoss) with no luck.

I can enforce the error Messages to happen by reloading the Items list in VS Code openHAB Plugin, but maybe it’s not enough to stop the bundle?

Got it!

(As there are always three error lines at once, I thought… maybe an addon with three things? And sure enough, I have 3 vdr instances to watch for - bundle:stop - no more errors…

For reference:

1 Like

I have exactly the same Error Message. I have currently the Version 3.4.4-4.

I tried the 4.0.1 Version. But it did not work with my openjdk. I installed also jdk 17. Now I downgraded back to 3.4.4.

The rules, HabPanel, Sitemaps are running well also on the Mobile App on Apple Device.

But the UserInterface under “IPofthesystem”:8080 is not running. I can not change anything. I am running my system on an Rasperry Pi now for more than 3 years.

Can you help me? What kind of informations do you need?

The Error itself DynamicCommandDescriptionProvider implementations must never return the original command description.:
This is under inspection, afaik. See github link for details.

In question of issues with update, wrong topic :slight_smile: but there are tons of topics on hot to upgrade successful to openHAB4.

Error is getting worse. :confused: with openHAB4.1.0 stable I’m getting 4 lines of errors for each vdr thing.

The error is thrown every time I do an update in VS Code openHAB Plugin (either Item list or Thing list).
So maybe related top LSP?

Hi,i get also these errors. i figured out that its coming from my opentdu that communicating with mqtt. Every time that i am clicking the menu items on openhab i get these errors.Also everytime that i am viewing an widget that use items from the opentdu i get again these errors, so i think its the org.openhab.binding.mqtt.homeassistant that through these errors.

With Version 4.0.4 no errors.

Thanks
Nikos

Edit:
On fresh openhab 4.1 no errors.
On my upgradet system from 4.0.4 to 4.1 i have delete my items ,delete the thing, rediscovery the thing new items and still i get the errors.
How to proceed further?? Any help?

Reply to myself:
I now have created a new container and configured it instead of copying the old configuration. Was an easy job as I’m using text configuration (which I know is 100% correct, of course)

After creating the new container, the Error is gone, so it seems to be a hickup in the depths of the openHAB files…

How can I create a new container? I have the same error. Can you send me a link to a detailed discription.

I’m using Proxmox VE as virtualization platform, therefor I created a new container (i.e. complete new installation for non-virtual systems).
As I’m installing manually, I need about 15 Minutes for a complete setup - be aware that my configuration is saved in text files, so really easy and fast to copy :slight_smile: