Chromecast "playSound" an "say" not working - Unable to load media

Hi,
after switching to openHAB 3 (new installation) I just installed the Chromecast Binding, to use it to play tts sounds with my Google Homes. I did that with openHAB2 as well and it worked for years. It does not work anymore for me.:

The rule is simple:

playSound("chromecast:chromecast:xyz", "doorbell.mp3")
2021-03-13 16:07:29.993 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'chromecast:chromecast:edaa86dff7dfa09dae4730416ea81a62' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to load media

2021-03-13 16:07:30.075 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'chromecast:chromecast:xyz changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Unable to load media to ONLINE

The playStream command does work perfect with the Chromecast. The same rule does work with webaudio as well. It seems to be a problem with the local routing. I changed the callbackUrl, but that makes no difference.

Can anyone help?

Hi,

Can you enable DEBUG or TRACE logging for org.openhab.binding.chromecast and post the results over here? We might get some more information then.

2 Likes

Thats the solution…
There was one “/” too much in the Callback-URL. I dont’t know why, because its correct in the UI. Now Im using the chromecast.cfg to define the Callback-URL without this extra “/”, thats working fine.

2 Likes