Configure amanda backup in openhabian-config error

Agreed but the documentation perhaps could be amended with a rider that where it uses “openhabianpi” this should be the hostname set up in openhabian.conf?

I am now having the same issue as above where t states there was an error during setup. Currently on 3.0.0-1 and using the Main Branch. I’m not sure how to access the logs though?

Set debugmode=maximum in /etc/openhabian.conf I believe will output all the data in the command line which can be seen once you exit the config screen.

debugmode was already set to maximum, saved and exited the file but didnt see any logs?

Sorry for the delay replying. I am no expert to be honest. But once you have closed the openhab-config tool you should see the various bits of script that the tool has output in the command line interface. Is that not the case?

Unfortunately no it’s doesn’t. I have managed to do a manual backup and will keep doing so every time I make big changes until I can sort this out.

It does. Configure your terminal to record it. Read the debug guide.

what terminal application are you using?

Putty

Same here. I think the debug guide may be out of date in that putty no longer has a “lines of scroll back” option (at least my version 0.73 doesn’t). However i think this value must be set to some very high number by default so there should be nothing to do there.

If I launch openhabian-config and then exit it without doing anything else I see these lines in the CLI:

openhabian@openHABianDevice:~ $ sudo openhabian-config
[sudo] password for openhabian:
2021-03-10_12:10:44_GMT [openHABian] Checking for root privileges... OK
2021-03-10_12:10:44_GMT [openHABian] Loading configuration file '/etc/openhabian.conf'... OK
2021-03-10_12:10:44_GMT [openHABian] openHABian configuration tool version: [openHAB3]patchday-20210118-1208(75187cd)
2021-03-10_12:10:45_GMT [openHABian] Checking for changes in origin branch openHAB3... OK
2021-03-10_12:10:48_GMT [openHABian] Switching to branch openHAB3... OK
2021-03-10_12:11:41_GMT [openHABian] Checking for default openHABian username:password combination... OK
2021-03-10_12:11:41_GMT [openHABian] We hope you got what you came for! See you again soon ;)

Do you at least see something like this?

Yes those lines pop up. I always remember that because it says I hope you got what you came for! I’m not to sure what version of putty I am running off the top of my head I will have a look when I’m back home later.

it still has, under “Window”

These are the config options I can see:

click on “Window”

Thanks. I see. I never got that before! In any case it is set as 2000 which is ample. Including screenshot for Taffy’s benefit (maybe).

Hi guys, amanda backup is not working, i don’t know where to look. If you can help me where to look.

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ amcheck openhab-dir
amcheck: critical (fatal): Cannot create debug file “/var/log/amanda/server/amcheck.20220603112819.debug”: Permission denied
amcheck: Cannot create debug file “/var/log/amanda/server/amcheck.20220603112819.debug”: Permission denied

According to your “screenshot” you are running armcheck with permissions of user openhabian. I would assume that amanda ( /var/log/amanda ) requires specific user privileges.
You need to run the command amcheck with the privileges of the directory amanda ( is there a user backup ? ).
If that does not help have a look at thread

Hello, thank you for your attention. I fixed it according to here, it worked, but a day later I encountered the same error.

did you do a reboot in between and after the reboot it did not work any longer ?

I didn’t reboot. but now it’s working again. Something strange is happening that I don’t understand.