Configure amanda backup in openhabian-config error

Yes those lines pop up. I always remember that because it says I hope you got what you came for! I’m not to sure what version of putty I am running off the top of my head I will have a look when I’m back home later.

it still has, under “Window”

These are the config options I can see:

click on “Window”

Thanks. I see. I never got that before! In any case it is set as 2000 which is ample. Including screenshot for Taffy’s benefit (maybe).

Hi guys, amanda backup is not working, i don’t know where to look. If you can help me where to look.

openhabian@openhabian:~ $ amcheck openhab-dir
amcheck: critical (fatal): Cannot create debug file “/var/log/amanda/server/amcheck.20220603112819.debug”: Permission denied
amcheck: Cannot create debug file “/var/log/amanda/server/amcheck.20220603112819.debug”: Permission denied

According to your “screenshot” you are running armcheck with permissions of user openhabian. I would assume that amanda ( /var/log/amanda ) requires specific user privileges.
You need to run the command amcheck with the privileges of the directory amanda ( is there a user backup ? ).
If that does not help have a look at thread

Hello, thank you for your attention. I fixed it according to here, it worked, but a day later I encountered the same error.

did you do a reboot in between and after the reboot it did not work any longer ?

I didn’t reboot. but now it’s working again. Something strange is happening that I don’t understand.