Connecting Vorwerk Kobold VR200 to openHAB2

Afterthought: you might try to map the available-commands channel, which might hint at some useful commands I never knew about…

The binding works great with my Vorwerk VR 300. Thank you for your support.
In the “Mykobold” app I use the function to clean a selected room on the map. Is it possible to send a command with a selected room to be cleaned? I don’t need the map function. Just the command to clean a selected room is enough for me. Thank you for your support! Sincerely, Niklas

Hi @Nerz and welcome to this forum!
Thank you for your feedback but I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Since similar question has already been asked…
Everyone with feature requests, please read this information:

• This is a fork of an integrated Neato Binding (see its source on GitHub) with but small changes. There was no development for a long time so I consider it stale.
  • According to Neato API there are many new features available. For example, obtaining a list of “boundaries” (rooms?) and using them for a cleaning. I assume, Vorwerk still uses the same API.
  • Implementing those features may require some larger structural changes and must be tested very heavy.
  • As I don’t use my old VR200 anymore and it’s unable to support new features anyway, I can’t develop or test this fork any further.
  • In my opinion a future development should be continued on Neato Binding main branch with both vendors supported, by anyone with a modern robot.

This said, I assume I will be able to offer limited technical support on small issues such as changed API calls / OH releases. I’d also be glad to share any information / links with anyone interested in the further development.

BR Pav

1 Like

same like in the neato thread:
Opened a Github issue for merging these two bindings:

1 Like

Hi!
Your latest release is not compatible to openHAB 3.3.0.
I have merged the current state of the openHAB bundles (version 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT) into your fork and used it to build a JAR of the NEATO/Vorwerk binding compatible with openHAB 3.3.0. If you let me contribute on your fork, then I can put a PR with the current changes and build a current release and put it online.

Hi @Polychromy and welcome to this forum!
I don’t have a Kobold anymore so I wasn’t aware of the fork not functioning.
I’ve just upgraded and recompiled it and uploaded a new release on GitHub.
If it’s not working or if you’ve made/need any other changes, you can freely contribute there (I’ve sent an invitation to @Polychromy on GitHub, hope it’s the same you :slight_smile:)

BR
Pav

2 Likes

After countless attempts I still get:

"Error attempting to communicate with Neato".

The bridge is online, but the robot is not. I have queried token, serial and secret by script. My secret has 256 characters, can this be?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Leif!

Important note: Although I still can query my account and receive my robot list, my actual robot is offline for a long time so I can’t test anything and I’m now getting the same error myself:

Error attempting to communicate with Neato

while querying Vorwerk Nucleo.

On the other hand, just a month ago another forum user told me this binding would still work as intended given proper credentials.

As far as I know, your secret_key should be 32 chars long and your serial be like XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX. If you’ve used my script to obtain it, it should have looked like this:

You should use the latest release from above and you don’t need to create a Bridge anymore, just create a Vacuum Thing with those both values.

BR
Pav

The binding is still working. Probably a misconfiguration?

1 Like

It works without the bridge! The robot was online immediately.

Here you can see the result of your windows-script, the secret has 256 chars.

Thanks a lot for your work!

BR
Leif

Works greade,
Does somebody know how i can work with maps?
e.g. clean room1 or clean room2
Thanks for replay
Achim

VR200 does not support maps.

Hello again,
after updating openhab to Version 4 my VR300 doesen’t work with openhab.
does somebody have a fix?
Thanks

Hi @arohleder
Have you installed the latest 4.0 release from my GitHub page?
If not, please try to update the binding.
If yes, please provide some additional information or a log excerpt.

Yes, i did. The main is this: org.openhab.binding.neato-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar i add it in openhab-addons.
The config comes with:
UID: neato:vacuumcleaner:f2522f4a13
label: VorwerkV300
thingTypeUID: neato:vacuumcleaner
configuration:
refresh: 60
secret: AF29A5BD415…
serial: 61GVMUT…
vendor: Vorwerk

The error is:
2023-07-30 11:05:12.896 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘neato:vacuumcleaner:f2522f4a13’ changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING): {bridge=Configuring a bridge is mandatory.}

Bevore update to 4 it runs…

• List item

Please install 4.0.0 version of this binding from my project page:

1 Like

Sorry but it doesen’t work for me. Handler error is the mistake

Please check this thread:

and try the mentioned release.

now ist seems to be better, but the connection to the server is offline:
COMMUNICATION_ERROR
Could not find robot_serial for specified vendor_name

from log:
[ERROR] [ab.binding.neato.internal.NeatoRobot] - Error when getting Robot State. Error message: Could not find robot_serial for specified vendor_name