Connecting Vorwerk Kobold VR200 to openHAB2

Hey @Pavion ,

first of all I have to thank you for your support and alle the work. The Binding works like charm.

Currently i’m using oh3.1.0 and 3.1.0M3 release. Now i’d like to know if its possible to change the cleaning settings for the vr300 before starting.

I’d try somthing like clean all weekdays with eco but weekend when gone with turbo.
i tried allready an “comand select” witch shows the possibities, but after select, no change at the vr300.

Do you have some advide?

Hi Patrick and welcome to this forum!
tl;dr: sadly, the simple answer is no.

This binding is a rather simple fork of a Neato Binding, which uses the same API.
According to its documentation (found here), the cleaning mode is a read-only parameter and cannot be changed.
It seems to be generally possible (some clues here) so you may want to to ask your question in the Neato thread here but I’m unsure whether it is still being maintained.
Frankly, meanwhile I’ve moved on to another vendor myself and can offer but limited support.
Still, if you have any ideas or clues, please don’t hesitate to contact me again.

BR Pav

Afterthought: you might try to map the available-commands channel, which might hint at some useful commands I never knew about…

The binding works great with my Vorwerk VR 300. Thank you for your support.
In the “Mykobold” app I use the function to clean a selected room on the map. Is it possible to send a command with a selected room to be cleaned? I don’t need the map function. Just the command to clean a selected room is enough for me. Thank you for your support! Sincerely, Niklas

Hi @Nerz and welcome to this forum!
Thank you for your feedback but I’m afraid I can’t help you.

Since similar question has already been asked…
Everyone with feature requests, please read this information:

• This is a fork of an integrated Neato Binding (see its source on GitHub) with but small changes. There was no development for a long time so I consider it stale.
  • According to Neato API there are many new features available. For example, obtaining a list of “boundaries” (rooms?) and using them for a cleaning. I assume, Vorwerk still uses the same API.
  • Implementing those features may require some larger structural changes and must be tested very heavy.
  • As I don’t use my old VR200 anymore and it’s unable to support new features anyway, I can’t develop or test this fork any further.
  • In my opinion a future development should be continued on Neato Binding main branch with both vendors supported, by anyone with a modern robot.

This said, I assume I will be able to offer limited technical support on small issues such as changed API calls / OH releases. I’d also be glad to share any information / links with anyone interested in the further development.

BR Pav

1 Like

same like in the neato thread:
Opened a Github issue for merging these two bindings:

1 Like

Hi!
Your latest release is not compatible to openHAB 3.3.0.
I have merged the current state of the openHAB bundles (version 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT) into your fork and used it to build a JAR of the NEATO/Vorwerk binding compatible with openHAB 3.3.0. If you let me contribute on your fork, then I can put a PR with the current changes and build a current release and put it online.

Hi @Polychromy and welcome to this forum!
I don’t have a Kobold anymore so I wasn’t aware of the fork not functioning.
I’ve just upgraded and recompiled it and uploaded a new release on GitHub.
If it’s not working or if you’ve made/need any other changes, you can freely contribute there (I’ve sent an invitation to @Polychromy on GitHub, hope it’s the same you :slight_smile:)

BR
Pav

2 Likes

After countless attempts I still get:

"Error attempting to communicate with Neato".

The bridge is online, but the robot is not. I have queried token, serial and secret by script. My secret has 256 characters, can this be?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Leif!

Important note: Although I still can query my account and receive my robot list, my actual robot is offline for a long time so I can’t test anything and I’m now getting the same error myself:

Error attempting to communicate with Neato

while querying Vorwerk Nucleo.

On the other hand, just a month ago another forum user told me this binding would still work as intended given proper credentials.

As far as I know, your secret_key should be 32 chars long and your serial be like XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX. If you’ve used my script to obtain it, it should have looked like this:

You should use the latest release from above and you don’t need to create a Bridge anymore, just create a Vacuum Thing with those both values.

BR
Pav

The binding is still working. Probably a misconfiguration?

1 Like

It works without the bridge! The robot was online immediately.

Here you can see the result of your windows-script, the secret has 256 chars.

Thanks a lot for your work!

BR
Leif

Works greade,
Does somebody know how i can work with maps?
e.g. clean room1 or clean room2
Thanks for replay
Achim

VR200 does not support maps.

Hello again,
after updating openhab to Version 4 my VR300 doesen’t work with openhab.
does somebody have a fix?
Thanks

Hi @arohleder
Have you installed the latest 4.0 release from my GitHub page?
If not, please try to update the binding.
If yes, please provide some additional information or a log excerpt.

Yes, i did. The main is this: org.openhab.binding.neato-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar i add it in openhab-addons.
The config comes with:
UID: neato:vacuumcleaner:f2522f4a13
label: VorwerkV300
thingTypeUID: neato:vacuumcleaner
configuration:
refresh: 60
secret: AF29A5BD415…
serial: 61GVMUT…
vendor: Vorwerk

The error is:
2023-07-30 11:05:12.896 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘neato:vacuumcleaner:f2522f4a13’ changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING): {bridge=Configuring a bridge is mandatory.}

Bevore update to 4 it runs…

• List item

Please install 4.0.0 version of this binding from my project page:

1 Like

Sorry but it doesen’t work for me. Handler error is the mistake

Please check this thread:

and try the mentioned release.