Connecting Vorwerk Kobold VR200 to openHAB2

its working but do you have errors in your log when you call the sitemap? It is the same if i use Group or Text:

23:10:10.374 [ERROR] [.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.openhab.core.model.sitemap.sitemap.Group
23:10:10.380 [ERROR] [.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'gVorwerkDobby' for widget org.openhab.core.model.sitemap.sitemap.Group
23:10:10.386 [ERROR] [.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'gVorwerkDobby' for widget org.openhab.core.model.sitemap.sitemap.Group
23:10:10.391 [ERROR] [.ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item 'gVorwerkDobby' for widget org.openhab.core.model.sitemap.sitemap.Group

Sitemap:

Group item=gVorwerkDobby label="Dobby" icon="dobby"{
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_BatteryLevel_Dobby label="Ladezustand [%.0f %%]" icon="battery"
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_CurrentAction_Dobby label="Aktion [%s]" icon="motion"
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_CurrentState_Dobby label="Status [%s]"
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_Error_Dobby label="Fehler und Zustand [%s]" icon="error"
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_IsScheduledEnabled_Dobby label="Zeitplan aktiv?" icon="error"
      //Text item=VorwerkVR200_Firmware_Dobby label="Firmware [%s]" icon="text" 
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_DockHasBeenSeen_Dobby label="Position der Basis ist bekannt [%s]" icon="house" 
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_IsDocked_Dobby  label="In Basis [%s]" icon="house" 
      Switch item=VorwerkVR200_SendCommand_Dobby label="Befehle [%s]" icon="network" mappings=[clean="Reinigung", pause="Pausieren", stop="Stopp", resume="Fortfahren", dock="Andocken" ]
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_CleaningMode_Dobby label="IntensitƤt [%s]" icon="error"
      Text item=VorwerkVR200_CleaningCategory_Dobby label="Modus [%s]" icon="error"  
}

Just define your Group item beforehand in your .items file:

Group gVorwerkDobby 
1 Like

Here you go: a fully automated, simple and pretty scripts for Windows 10 and bash! :grinning:

Happy New Year! :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

thanks! Stupid beginner mistake!

Hi Pavion,

the Binding Neato VORWERK isnt working since openHAB 3.1.0.M3. The Jar file cant initialized when OH 3 starts. Is there a possible solution for this?

Here is the Error Message:

2021-04-08 10:01:34.497 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.neato-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.neato [297]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.lang; version="[2.6.0,3.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

Thx
Sascha

Iā€™m not aware of any issues but Iā€™ll check it asap. You could also probably install the missing dependency using feature:install or drop the corresponding jar into your addons folder. Iā€™ll keep you informed.

Which dependencies do you mean and where i get them?

feature:install org.apache.commons.lang didnt work

Hi @SaschaQ88
Please check my latest release, it should work now on M3.

The current SNAPSHOT is changing its dependencies too fast to keep up with :cry:

Where i can download the release? i got mine here:

Right, you were almost there, just one click on the blue ā€œReleasesā€ button away :slight_smile:
https://github.com/Pavion/openhab2-addons/releases
Please note, that you need your serial/secret for this binding to work. Autodetection is not possible with the new Kobold app. If you donā€™t have them, check
https://github.com/Pavion/vorwerk-robots
or contact me again.

Thx, this is working.

@Pavion: does the latest release of your Vorwerk binding (3.1.0M3) work with yesterdays v3.1.0 stable? I used your Vorwerk binding since dec 2020 with v3.0.2 where it did a great job. Now after upgrading to OpenHAB v3.1.0 and adding latest vorwerk binding 3.1.0M3 I get a log error:

2021-06-29 20:35:59.951 [ERROR] [ab.binding.neato.internal.NeatoRobot] - Error when getting Robot State. Error message: Could not find robot_serial for specified vendor_name

My 3.0.0RC master still runsā€¦ Iā€™ll check the latest build tomorrow.

I have no issues with a clean 3.1.0-STABLE installation and my 3.1.0M3. Please check your settings or recreate the vacuum and try to restart OH.

Deleting the binding in openhab and reinstalling it, did it! Thanks

Hi Pavion,

since 2-3 weeks i have the issue that the openhab connection with your binding is kicking my connection with my MyKobold App on my Android.

When the VR300 ist connected with your binding it is working but my MyKobold App is struggling.

When App and Binding are connected to Neato i can see in the openhab logs, that the binding is losing the connection sometimes.

Is there maybe a reconnect count or something else?

Hi Sascha, frankly I donā€™t know either. I donā€™t use MyKobold much and I am not aware of any conflicts. Perhaps prohibits/blocks API simultaneous access from multiple devices? You could try to greatly increase your Refresh Time Interval and check whether your App is feeling better then.

Hi @Pavion ,

thank you sooo much for your work and the time you invested here. I used your Binding now for several years with openhab2 and it worked like a charm!!!

Now I finally decided to migrate to openhab3. I used a fresh installed server and installed openhab. Unfortunately I forgot how to install customized packages and therefore it took some time googling on how to install your package. I finally found out (and I hope Iā€™m correct) that I only have to copy the .jar (the latest of your releases) to /usr/share/openhab/addons/ to get it started during startup of openhab. Unfortuntely it doesnā€™t work as I get the following error message within the log file:

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.neato-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.neato [235]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.lang; version="[2.6.0,3.0.0)"

Can you help me out what Iā€™m doing wrong / what I missed to do? The original nato binding works fine, when I try to install it over the web interface.

And another question: Are you thinking about creating a wiki page in GitHub with the install description? I assume I will have the same problem again when openhab4 comes in and I migrate the next time in a few yearsā€¦ :joy:

Hi @noob!

Please check whether youā€™re using the latest release, where this dependency was removed:

BR Pav

Man, this is sooo embarrassing! I donā€™t know why, but I tried with the wrong oneā€¦ It works now after I tried it with the newest version AND reset everythingā€¦

Thank you sooo much once again, sorry for bothering you instead of rereading this thread another time (I did it several times, but oversaw the solution) and once again: Keep up this great work!!!

1 Like