I have three Homematic-IP dimmer (HmIP-BDT and HmIP-PDT) in openHAB 3.01 (openHABian 1.6.3, Raspi 2) working perfectly well individually and in an “Alexa-Group” with Alexa. However, grouping them in an “openHAB-group” and controlling this one group does not work at all.
Here’s what I tried and what doesn’t work for multiple reasons:
- Creating a group and adding the three lights as Direct Group Members
- Adding a Default Standalone Widget (oh-slider-card)
title: Licht Gruppe
Three problems with that:
- Controlling the three dimmer via the Slider in WebUI works, BUT:
- Although I can set the brightness to anything above 0% in WebUI, I cannot switch them off again by setting the slider back to 0%.
- Whenever accessing the status of the group in WebUI, the slider is always at 0% (even though the lights are on)
- Controlling this group with Alexa only controls the first dimmer in the group (see screenshot above), but not all three of them.
Reading in this forum I read multiple threads on the same problem (e.g. Lights - Dimmers and Groups - #4 by rlkoshak , Adding a Dimmer switch ( group? ) in a sub item in a sitemap - #7 by samverner777 , [SOLVED] Dimmer item behaviour with Group items - #3 by Nico111 , Trying to control multiple dimmers with one slider - #21 by Gufti or Hue group dimmer slider always set to zero - #2 by rlkoshak). However, since I’m fairly new with OH (and some of the solutions appear to relate to OH2) I have problems applying them to my particular situation.
Edit: The “0%-problem” appears to be covered here ([SOLVED]Struggle with Rollershutter HMIP-BROLL) as well for the rollershutter, but I’m still having problems applying this to my setting.