I’ve been searching for months, but I’m having trouble finding any information.
I’m trying to figure out how to CONTROL WiFi devices. I have a several, such as a SmartPlug (Iris), RGBW bulbs by Fiet Electric, thermostats, and First Alert Smoke/CO2 detectors. I can see them in OpenHAB (using the Network binding), but I can’t do anything with them. Can I create controls (channels) in the network binding or do I have to find another binding that will let me interact with them?
(Edit…) For instance, right now, the only way I can control the Fiet SmartBulbs (I purchased a 2-pack at Costco) is through the Fiet Electric app on my phone. Not very convenient. At least with the Iris SmartPlug there is a button on the plug to turn it on/off.
- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3b
- OS: Openhabian
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:2
- Issue of the topic: See above
- Please post configurations (if applicable): No applicable because I have no way to interact with devices
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: Not applicable